Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#12 - Voting (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Kool_A1d……………………………………………………………….jammio1

Artists_discize ………………………… DeadSoulReaper ………… moomanmatt

Aidey ……………………… ozzy123 ………………………………….. craigkiller

snice ……………………………………………………………….DraGonZ13

piratemonkey

Oboe_Passion ……………………………. krick19……………………… yuyuter

Flag Post

Ha… nice layout :)
K…
1 krick19. Simple but good background, okay flow, good lighting, render, etc. Overall, good job!
2 Oboe-Passion – Good render, okay depth, okay border, good background. 2nd.
3 moomanmatt… Good background, okay render, okay foreground, okay text. Rather nice.
Hehehe… I shall triumph! I think…
…nvm D:

Flag Post

1st – Krick19: Not perfect but The back Ground is cool. Nice render (learn’t what it was). Biggest problem for me was the flow. It just didn’t quite work for me.
2nd – DraGonZ13: overall a nice sig. Not the same style as the others and I think thats why I like it. The colours work well together and it is raining sparkles. Thats the type of sig I like. Ones that make you smile as appose to go “that has good effects” ect.
3rd – Artists_discize: If the sky and (space) high sky is different images then that blends good. The trees are working well for me as the silhouette nicely. Rocket could use so work but its nice. There are better peices of work but that doesn’t mean I like them more.

Flag Post

1 Aidey – No doubt about it best one out there, but people just don’t really trust you made that. Great lighting and clipping masks.

2 Craigkiller – As simple as it is, the colors are effective and it looks good.

3 krick19 – Effects are nice, but the smudged background kills the depth. Also a little bit messy with the effects.

Flag Post

If it ain’t to late to vote.
1. Aidey. If you made this then it is definitely the best. Good effects, good colours.
2. piratemonkey. Everything could use some work but you are getting better. For that you can have my second.
3. Oboe_Passion. I have a soft spot for these popout sigs.

Flag Post

I’m really annoyed how everyone just votes for peopples who they know are bad, because they want to win. I’m sorry but Craig’s is crap. Why has anyone voted for him. Same for Pirate monkey. This is not a contest of improvement. It is about who is the best and I’m afraid to say that will never be, if people continue to vote trying to get themselves to win.

Therefore here are my votes:

1st – Jammio
Great use of vector brushes and great colour. I also like the subtle flow from the Kongregate sign.

2nd – Kool_Aid
Outstanding Improvement and great use of flow and emphasising of the focal using the circles. The main reason is because I like the colour Green.

3rd – Craigkiller
I love the way you put a line through the middle. Must have taken hours. I’m sure my little brother couldn’t do it and the colours don’t feel sick either…. Nice Job!

Flag Post

I like the way you said that we were voting badly then did so yourself.
lol’d. Slightly

Flag Post

That is the speech of someone who obviously didn’t understand the concept of sarcasm.

Flag Post

MMM, its not good coming in here and telling everybody that there opinion is wrong, because an opinion is an opinion and is someones perception of something.
Don’t go round slagging off other peoples work, granted, craig your one is very simple, and probably took you no more than 5 minutes or less, but thats what all of us other Kongregaters are here to do, help other people along in there work, not just go “Oh your work is crap and it will never get better, unless you try harder”, your not giving them anything to really work on as a artists. Because MMM that is all you seem to do, go "Oh its crap’ and move on, thats why Lax is good, he gives a person time and the advice they need to improve on.

Anyway, Sorry about that, here are my votes

1. Aidey – Probably by far one of the best ones here, though i don’t think many people will trust you that you made it (because its good), but still i like the use of light and darkness, and I think that it has nice flow to it with a nice collection of colours to add.

2. Krick19 – I like the way it has been laid out, and I think you have made a good use of those C4Ds, although there is a bit of blank space above the guys head, so maybe do something with that next time, but I like the use of colours and blurring.

3. Moomanmatt – I like the choice of render here and the effects around it are really nice, although I think that the text here ruins it quite a bit, but the colour scheme is nice with a mixture of lightness and darkness.

Flag Post

And I do understand sarcasm. It just doesn’t work very well on the internet.
And it isn’t very much sarcasm more deliberate irony.

Flag Post

I guess this SOTW is vert sigs?

1:Krick: Good use of C4ds, nice BG
2:DraGonZ13: SweEt, SimPle yEt EffEctive
3:Aidey:I like it and all, but it seems too crowded and too sharp

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

krick19 _ 12
Aidey _ 10
DraGonZ13 _ 4
Kool_A1d _ 2
jammio1 _ 3
craigkiller _ 3
Oboe_Passion _ 3
moomanmatt _ 2
piratemonkey _ 2
Artists_discize _ 1
DeadSoulReaper _ 0
ozzy123 _ 0
snice _ 0
yuyuter _ 0

Congratulations, krick19, For winning SOTW#12!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.