Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#14 - Entries (locked)

14 posts

Flag Post

~SOTW #14 Entry Thread!~

Official Rules

The Rules for SOTW

SOTW #14 Discussion

To Discuss the entries and the winners

Size _ Max 500Wx300H

Stock/Render _ A Movie or a Book Character

Style/Theme _ Movie/Book

Color _ Any

Font _ Any

Deadline _ Saturday, April 25th

Voting will begin on April 26th, 2009
Entries for SOTW #15 will begin on this day as well.

Flag Post

This signature was inspired by a book I read a few months ago, it was a space fantasy and this is what I came up with enjoy.

Flag Post

Voldemort… i dunno why, he just showed up wen i searched harry potter, so i went w/ it :P

Flag Post

This is only my second sig. It’s Silus from The Da Vinci Code. I have read the book but have not seen the movie yet… Anyway…Here it is.

EDIT: Oh god, I just realized how inexperienced I was…

Flag Post

Second time I participate here. I guess this one is not going to get a lot of votes, but I want some feedback, and this would be a nice place for that.

The character is Stella, from Interstella 5555 . I know it might sound strange, but that’s one of my favorite movies ever.

Flag Post

My entry:

Skulduggery Pleasant. Awesome books. =D
Good luck everyone.

Flag Post

Hope its not to late. I was on holiday so I didn’t have much time.
Also It is just in the size limit.
@ Ncio thats pretty damn cool.

Flag Post

It’s still 4/25 for another 20 minutes by my watch.

I thought I’d give a pixel banner of one of my favorite books a go.

Flag Post

Just on time!

Flag Post

Bah! For the sake of entering in as much SoTW’s as I can…

>:P

Flag Post

I ave decided my votes. Ncio’s is great, Rawismojo has some awesome pixel art and InwardNose’s is alright but needs a little work.

Flag Post

1st Ozzy123, it feels 3d. all the colours seem to blend in together which is good, No clashing colours.Improvements the blend just above the ear doesnt seem right. 8.5/10 outright winner!!

2nd Rawismojo, I fall for pixel art (cant draw it) but still love it! i love the colours of the sky, and all the details. Improvements the goats mouth don’t seem right and the outline of the rhino thing is a tad too dark. 7.0/10

3rd Ncio i love this piece! especially the way you’ve made it look like he’s on fire, (I know he is but because of the blurring) , It all seems to Merdge together. Improvement i think his left shoulder should reach the bottom of the page. and some of the hat is Invisible, leaving just the outline. 6.5/10 Very close third

Runner up. Ka_0z i like this piece. it makes you think about space, im pretty sure you might of come higher up if you didnt blur the left planet so much 5.5/10

Flag Post

I thought voting was for the voting thread…Or did they change that now?

Flag Post

u cant find the voting thread :(