Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#14 - Voting (locked)

22 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Ka_0z

ozzy123

Ilikeeggs

lightsun

Ncio

piratemonkey

rawismojo

InwardNose

yuyuter

Flag Post

1st – Ka_0z - Reason: I like the style of the sig. It caught my eye first.
2nd – Ilikeeggs - Reason: Neat background, good non blurry stock, caught my eye second
3rd – lightsun - Reason I like the neon lines. pretty color!

I don’t get piratemonkey’s. it’s a poorly cut out picture of a child’s book character on a horrible background. I don’t see why he bothered entering.

Flag Post

Also lightsun a little tip on the neon lines, when you do the stroke using the stroke path and the gaussian blur and stuff it would be a good idea to smudge the ends of the lines so they aren’t rounded and look like they just stop, instead it will just sort of dissappear, nice job though

1. Ozzy, nice lighting and use of effects around it, I also liked how it looks like he is reaching out for help or something and I like the use of layers and how everything is really brought to attention in the front
2. Ncio It looks really cool I loved the smoke effect and how it just sort of looks like it’s disappearing.
3. Inwardnoise, it applied to the name a little bit because it looked like he was exploding from the inside out, I liked the lighting and effects use but the quality of the picture could have been slightly better.

Flag Post

Okay…
1. Ncio. Just great smudging and lighting, along with the flow. Just great.
2. This goes to Ka_0z. I believe you are relatively new, yes? And you show talent with the smudge brush as well. Could use additional effects, but it’s fine. (Don’t you just love pixel text? XD)
3. InwardNose. I’m not a big fan of people screaming their heads off in fear or hate or pain or whatever, but this sig is good. Flow, lighting, all good.
rawismojo came close with the pixel, but not close enough :P

Flag Post

lol, these r bad

Flag Post

lol, i hav bad grammar

Flag Post

1st: Ncio – Just masterful and, more importantly, cohesive. All of the elements look like they belong together.
2nd: Lightsun – Yours just has a ton of atmosphere. Choosing your subject is as important as technical skills in creating the background. The elements you chose fit nicely. Your typography is spot-on. I’d rate you higher if that green thing next to her ear didn’t look so… weird. I just can’t tell what’s going on there.
3rd: InwardNose – The effects are nice and match the subject matter. Your cropping (or you guys call it rendering? I don’t get your kid-speech) could use some work, especially around his left ear (the one on the right of the screen). Also, learn the rule of thirds. While centering subjects has its place, yours is almost dead-on center and just leaves no movement/excitement in the image.

As a note, I’d easily place Ka_0z’s in the top 2, but it just doesn’t feel to be in the spirit of the competition. It’s like having a sig of a typical sword and saying it’s a sig about LotR. You don’t even mention what book it’s about.

Flag Post

1st.ozzy123 reason:looks very nice work
2nd.yuyuter reason:very cute and good
3rd.rawismojo reason:pixels rock =)

Flag Post

1st Ozzy123, it feels 3d. all the colours seem to blend in together which is good, No clashing colours.Improvements the blend just above the ear doesnt seem right. 8.5/10 outright winner!!

2nd Rawismojo, I fall for pixel art (cant draw it) but still love it! i love the colours of the sky, and all the details. Improvements the goats mouth don’t seem right and the outline of the rhino thing is a tad too dark. 7.0/10

3rd Ncio i love this piece! especially the way you’ve made it look like he’s on fire, (I know he is but because of the blurring) , It all seems to Merdge together. Improvement i think his left shoulder should reach the bottom of the page. and some of the hat is Invisible, leaving just the outline. 6.5/10 Very close third

Runner up. Ka_0z i like this piece. it makes you think about space, im pretty sure you might of come higher up if you didnt blur the left planet so much 5.5/10

Flag Post
Originally posted by ojad0:

lol, these r bad

And you can do better…?

Don’t criticize people when we all know your work is absoulutely horrible./end

Flag Post

Dude Ojad shut up, your the cancer that ruins this site, I hate egotistical fools like you (you being Ojad) you are stupid, your art fails, and! your threads are egotistical. /end rant

Flag Post

1. rawismojo. I love that book and you have captured what it is about was well. The sig almost looks like it is made of felt.
2. Ncio. Never liked the books very much but your sig looks pretty good. The red (fire?) looks well and stops it being monotone (correct word?).
3. lightsun. Lines Looks pretty. Text ruins it a bit.

Lol no-one voted for me, again. Mine is pretty shit.

Flag Post

piratemonkey, your an awesome artist i just dont think this piece reflected that.

Flag Post

1.NCIO Not saying mine is any better, but that is not the best sig I have seen, but in my opinion that is the best in terms of effects and appeal out of the ones here so you get 1st.

2.InwardNose I don’t actually like the effects in this one at all, but taking into account the others, it is good enough to be placed second. the blurring does look awkward in places and the stock somehow doesn’t go well with the effects.

3.rawismojo Pixel, made from scratch art is really badly looked down upon. This may not be the most visually impressive piece of artwork, nor the best of it’s kind, but in it’s own way, it is better than the others so this one comes in at 3rd for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hokage4354:

Voting will be as follows:

(No voting for yourself)

1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason

1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be

added up and whoever gets the most points will win.

If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Ka_0z

ozzy123

Ilikeeggs

lightsun

Ncio

piratemonkey

rawismojo

InwardNose

yuyuter

OMG! NCIO! Can I PLEASE USE THAT SIG! I Am A MASSIVE FAN OF SKULLDUGGERY PLEASANT!!!

Flag Post

Re: DeadReaperSoul- Why would hand-made art be looked down upon as opposed to renders that were downloaded and already cut-out? I just don’t see the logic there.

Flag Post

there not, i voted for you…

Flag Post

Ncio – Lives up to his previous awesome stuff and shows consistency. Awesome clouor.
Rawismojo – Best Pixel Art I’ve ever seen. (And from an amazing book!)
InwardNose – Not the greatest but best of the rest. Good flow but needs a little work.

That is from 1st to third in order.

Originally posted by rawismojo:

Re: DeadReaperSoul- Why would hand-made art be looked down upon as opposed to renders that were downloaded and already cut-out? I just don’t see the logic there.

I agree. I think your the best newcomer to the forum’s we’ve had in quite a while.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jammio1:

piratemonkey, your an awesome artist i just dont think this piece reflected that.

I had like 1 minute to do that. That is why it is shit compared to my other stuff. Thanks for saying I am good. As soon as this SoTW voting is over I will be deleting that disgrace from my photobucket

Flag Post

If it s not too l8:

1st: Ka_0z: I <3 IT!!!! it looks good in general, nothing to say about it.

2nd: Ncio: Another cool one, but the smudgin is strange..

3rd: Rawismojo: good work, it looks alot like the book to ^^

Flag Post

1st Ncio

You seem to be really good with darker colors. I love the contrast, and the overall thing seems very well executed and professional.

2nd lightsun

Barely made second, I was debating between yours an Ncio. Some of the colors and lighting looked a bit choppy, but the rest was really beautiful.

3rd Ka_0z

These were a difficult top three. I loved this one just for how the planets were done, but it sort of bored me. I think that sort of piece would be better not as a signature.

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Ncio _ 22
rawismojo _ 13
Ka_0z _ 11
ozzy123 _ 9
InwardNose _ 7
lightsun _ 6
Ilikeeggs _ 2
yuyuter _ 2
piratemonkey _ 0

Congratulations, Ncio, For winning SOTW#14!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.