Forums The Arts

Art of War - Map/Units Dump - Round 2 Approaching!

135 posts

Flag Post

Art of War Map/Units Thread

This contest will determine what map will be used in my upcoming game ‘Art of War.’

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, go here or here.

Guy_In_Armor first brought ‘Art of War’ to the Art Forum. I have asked him, and he said that I can go ahead and create the game.

Please post your entries here. They can be anything, it has to be pretty big, look the thread I linked to for an example. Try to make it exciting and awesome. It has to be saved as.PNG and Do not use Gradients! Fill things with solid colour.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away here.
I’ll try and enter soon.
Have fun! =D

Flag Post

Ill be first :)

Photobucket

Flag Post

Sweet, nice entry. I’m liking the underground bunker. =D

Flag Post

I haven’t been following the threads so I hope this is the kinda thing you want?

Flag Post

Ncio! I have a plan! Make it so that the files are saved with layers so that they can keep the background easily!

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

Ncio! I have a plan! Make it so that the files are saved with layers so that they can keep the background easily!

I still have all the layers if they are needed

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

Nah, it would be too difficult. People would have to save and upload, and some might not know how.

PirateMonkey, look at the two threads that I put in the first post.

Flag Post

This will be amazing, IF you do it right.

I was just wondering… I take it that you get to draw your own units, and it will be multiplayer…

I would love to know more about the game though..

Or have i got the wrong idea…
Well anyway, i thought you meant flash game, instead of forum…
If you could do that you would become rich… Maybe you should collab with someone to do that…

Flag Post

As mine was terrible I have started making a new one and it is turning out pretty well. It has some cute little trees, I hope that’s alright?
it isn’t done yet but I am outta ideas. What can I add?

Flag Post

some boxes and a propped up wall maybe?

Flag Post

Nice entry PirateMonkey.

Magikman, look at the threads I linked to in the first post. They will explain everything.

Flag Post

Devlini I assumed you did that in PDN as you have the same problem I had at first.
it is easy to solve. When you draw with the paint brush disable antialiasing and you won’t get the white bits around the lines when you put in the colour.

Flag Post

Good ideas here…
I am posting this as a concept. If people like it, I or someone else will improve it…. drastically. :)

Flag Post

Added some boxes and some stray trees

like the concept art. Needs to be done slightly better but it is nice.

Flag Post

I’m liking yours Pirate, but add some different places and terrains.

Yuyuter, yours will be good, but please NO GRADIENTS.

Flag Post

K :)

Flag Post

propped up wall like in ure old one and take away one layer of trees from the right

Flag Post

Can anyone help me to make my one look better.
(its the one at the top)

Flag Post

hey is it ok if they’re 4 maps instead f one but the work togehter

Flag Post

If you are making a flash game, here is a Gears Of War-style map with lots of cover:

It was made in Paint, I hope it’s good enough. Oh, and the trap doors can be used to quickly warp across the map.

EDIT: Too small. darn. =/

Flag Post

shawn it isn’t going to be flash game it will be a forum game. Go to the links that Ncio posted to see what he means.

Flag Post

If it’s ok with you, I’ll take your design and try to re-create it to make it a little cleaner.

EDIT: Vague pronouns FTL. I was talking to Devlini.

Flag Post

Ok, sure. =)

Flag Post

Okay, here are two:

REEEAAALL BIGGG: