Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#15 - Voting (locked)

28 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

snice

yuyuter

Kool_A1d

piratemonkey

DraGonZ13

lightsun

aenh

ojad0

rawismojo

hokage4354

ozzy123

InwardNose

shadowpig60

Ncio

krick19

jammio1
You stole this. GTFO. :p

DeadSoulReaper

Oboe_Passion

Flag Post

I don’t think Lax meant to enter, and I think you might’ve missed ncio.

Flag Post

I removed Laxaria’s, I didn’t realize it wasn’t an entry.

I also added 4 other people’s entries that I missed.

I totally missed the last page of the entries. @ . @

Flag Post

1. Jammio1: Nice lighting, not unique in color but I really liked it for some reason, one of the best I’ve seen from you, I really like the flow also, nice job.

2. Lightsun: A little blurry but nice color, I really like how the background matched the colors of the guy, I also like the flow of it too and I liked how the text blended into the background a bit, very nice.

3. DeadSoulReaper: Really nice lighting on it, and nice color choice, I also liked the hidden text nect to it, well not really hidden but it doesn’t make you focus on it very much, just great work from you, this isn’t your best piece but I really liked it and hope to see more of things like that from you.

Flag Post

1. Shadowpig60: i love this :D. all of the colouts are clearly harmonious the light source is obvious, im trying to find something wrong with it :P 9/10

2. Kool_A1d: its kool =D. there is an obvious light source from the right the focal goes really well with the background. the text goes with the rest of the picture.. the smoke above the minigun (i know what its there for) but i dont think it goes well A very close 2nd with 8.5/10

3.Ozzy123. first of all can i say you might of got second but there are a few clear faults with it. (not being mean). his shield is just spazzed up.. half of it is completely black. the light source is obvious which is good. everything merge together well.. it almost seems as if the focal has been duplicated. the background pattern is good. not our best piece but certainly not your worst. 7.5/10

Flag Post

1. InwardNose: I like it, but maybe move the focal. I’d like to see a color version.

2. Ncio: Clearly a stand out sig. Only reason it isn’t first is that the purple c4d looks a bit cheap to me.

3. Hokage: It’s basic, but shows a good grasp of flow and lighting. Focal could be bigger, text could be moved.

Flag Post

Jam, I like your vote for shadow but i’ll tell you the one thing that bothered me about it, this was the main reason I didn’t vote for it (not saying it is a bad piece of work, it’s excellent) but I didn’t like that it was a 3’d picture, for some reason the color of the 3d didn’t seem to match with that background, and the line’s on the outside of the picture didn’t blend at all with the colors behind it, I would recommend using the blend tool to your advantage next time, even using the smudge tool and lowering the opacity on one or the other, just an idea, but that’s what I noticed that was wrong with it.

Flag Post

i thought that but nah.. do you just want me to put you first?

Flag Post

No, I was just pointing out what was wrong with it.

Flag Post

1st – aenh

THEHIVEMINDISEATINGMYSOUL

2nd – lightsun

This one popped out to me, and the character popped out even more. Loved the color scheme in general. Great work.

3rd – shadowpig60

I just loved how this one looked. The tone of blue used in the center as well as the dark blue around it was just beautiful. :)

Flag Post

@ Marh, Aenh for # 1?!?!?!?!!?!?!??! wowwwwwwwww it is just saying “He Comes” he screenshotted that pic from another persons entry (Laxaria’s pic), that shouldn’t even count as an entry.

Flag Post

i lol’d

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kool_A1d:

@ Marh, Aenh for # 1?!?!?!?!!?!?!??! wowwwwwwwww it is just saying “He Comes” he screenshotted that pic from another persons entry, that shouldn’t even count as an entry.

i lol’d

Hey, it’s his choice. If he wants to vote Aehn first, then it’s ok. Or, wait, is there any rule that says that the pieces of art you don’t like should be removed from the SOTW competition? If there is, please tell me.

Marh probably likes that signature because it has a special meaning for him, or because that’s the theme he likes, or something like that. Maybe, instead of laughing you could have said something like… “Marh, could you please explain why do you like that one so much a little better?”.

Also, on a side note, I’d like to say that the image you uploaded on your last post is a total disrespect to Aenh’s work.

Anyway, here my votes:

1st: DraGonZ13.

It is awesome, I really liked that one. The text is great, as the background. I like the shadow effects, and the render you used, and how it fits the background. Great job.

2nd: DeadSoulReaper.

I really don’t know why I like this one so much. I like the render you used, and the light effects, and the shadows. Very simple, but nice. Maybe a background would have spoiled it, you were wise leaving a black background. Work on a text please! You signature is lacking of something… But I can’t find that thing.

3rd: Oboe Passion.

Nice work. You could have worked a little more on light effects, and with colours, but I like this one. Maybe because of it’s simplicity. It really needs a text.

EDIT:

Light, IT ISNT EVEN HIS WORK! With all do respect, Laxaria posted a picture on SOTW 15 and it had that in it, he didn’t even change it, he posted a simple cut out, if you will, and it ISN’T EVEN ART it is fricken text screenshotted and posted up acting like it is his piece of art.

You can give your opinion, and feedback without being rude to the others. If it isn’t art for you, then criticise, give feedback, try to help the artist. But saying that “he sucks”, that “that isn’t art!” and stuff like that is just ridiculous, and you are just discouraging someone who cough has a first place vote.

Maybe that vote that… for someone, THAT’S ART.

Flag Post

Light, IT ISNT EVEN HIS WORK! With all do respect, Laxaria posted a picture on SOTW 15 and it had that in it, he didn’t even change it, he posted a simple cut out, if you will, and it ISN’T EVEN ART it is fricken text screenshotted and posted up acting like it is his piece of art.

Light, don’t be ridiculous, we all know that isn’t art, i wasn’t being rude I was basically trying to say that isn’t art, which it isn’t, you see, IF SOMEONE ELSE REALLY MADE THAT it would be art and I would enjoy it, BUT if someone screenshotted someone else art and claimed it as there own, is that art? No, not unless THEY MADE IT THEIR OWN which I might add, he didn’t, he just left it the way it was and straight up entered it, that isn’t art, that is forging, he may have a first place vote cough but he cheated for it. and I HAVE TO BE RUDE because he doesn’t deserve that vote LAXARIA DOES it is HER ART, so if you ask me IT ISN’T ART UNTIL THE PERSON THAT MADE IT GET’S THE CREDIT. Lax deserves #1, not aenh.

Flag Post

jammio1 – cool lighting. A bit monotone but it works. One of your better sigs.
yuyuter – The green and red work well together. Not sure about the C4D’s but the don’t un-improve it. Needs something in foreground though.
DraGonZ13 – pretty colours = nice sig.

Flag Post

1. Piratemonky because the helicopter is blurred just the right amount, the tank is place greatly (in my opinion) and I like the silhouette and where it meets the tank as the ground.
2. DeadSoulReaper because I don’t like the ripply bit, although it’s not to bad, Bad lighting but these are the only problems. Great sig, great render.
3. Krick19 because it is obvious how you did it (for a start you posted a tutorial) but also because it is simple blurring, however it looks good. I dis-agree with lax though, I don’t like the text or it’s placement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by krick19:

I don’t think Lax meant to enter, and I think you might’ve missed ncio.

Nope I never meant to enter. It was just a reference for what you can think of doing for the Theme. It was a pre made anyways, and you so blatantly dont let us use premades.

Anyways, voting time.

First place: Krick*

What I adore about this piece is the perfect composition of it. It is extremely well done and is quite simple. Text placement is supurb, comparatively. There is flow and depth and the movement of the focal is good. Colour choice and composition is good and that there is a good control of effects.

Issues include the rule of thirds, which I have pointed out. You may want to move the focal a bit to the left and remove some of the white space on the left to make it more interesting. There needs to be clearer lighting. It is a job well done, nonetheless.

Second place: Ncio

I like how you have good composition and depth in this piece. It is different in the sense that it utilises C4Ds to great effect for depth. The placement of the focal is good and interesting, and it is overall aesthetic and appealing.

The biggest few problems I see are that it is too distracting. There are too many C4Ds and the focal is not standing out enough. The text needs to be removed or shifted as it is taking up as a second focal. Look at Krick’s entry for good text placement.

Third place: Dragonz

I enjoy the anime style, colourful composition of this piece and its wonderful rendition of it. It is cheerful and bright, and it is conveyed through the artform and choice of effects. Art is not just about looking good, but conveying feeling, which this piece has defiintely done.

What you need to take note of is text and lighting. There is not much too wrong with it, but it lacks the required oomph to stand out from the ordinary.

Honourable mentions

Inward

I like the composition of this, but the black and white nature of it ruined it, to some degree. Lighting is weird and c4d placement is not exceptional. It is a good attempt, but not good enough to stand out amongst the higher standards of the other competitors.

Jammio

Good composition. You need to remove the blue layer over the focals, at least, but it is a good composition nonetheless. Keep working on it and maybe you’ll be able to make a good and very powerful piece that speaks not just to the eyes, but to the heart.

DSR

Good job, but not good enough. Told you to redo it :)

Flag Post

1st:shadowpig60
its amazing a very nice match of colour
2nd:ncio very nice i had to think about ncio or hokage4345 for 2nd place
3rd:hokage4345 close to 2nd but ncio os slightly cooler

Flag Post

FIRST: Krick. Great smudging, render, text, flow, splatter brushes… Just great.
SECOND: Jammio. The greatest from you. Okay flow, and just goodness here and there. Render placement could be better, though.
THIRD: Ncio. I like the render and the C4Ds in line. Good flow and all. The text looks a little fishy, but that’s basically it. Not your best, I have to say…

Flag Post

first I will give to Piratemonkey as I love the sillouhette and the tank works well with the background.
second is yuyuter as the red works well with the green and the sparkles look pretty.
third for lightsun because the cartoony style works well with the flow and red and pinks.

Flag Post

1st- Shadowpig: one of the more amazing sigs i’ve seen to be honest, i just love how it looks ^^

2nd- Jammio: Would’ve been 1st if it wasn’t mono-tone, brings quality down a ton.

3rd- Lightsun: I like how the picture implies movement, w/o actually moving (if that makes sense O_o )

Flag Post

Heh, I only entered because Marh really wanted me to. I wouldn’t have otherwise, and I have no hope, desire, or intention of winning or anything. It makes sense that Marh would vote for it first, if he was the one who wanted it here in the first place…

And for the sake of voting…

1st: ozzy123

Like the colours and the way they contrast, and nostalgic feel.

2nd: hokage4354

Really like the lighting and blurring, just the general feel…

3rd: snice

I like the lightning and symbols, though the clouds aren’t that great…

Flag Post

Arghh NO! I am too late.

Why!?!? Why!

Flag Post

@ Marh, Aenh for # 1?!?!?!?!!?!?!??! wowwwwwwwww it is just saying “He Comes” he screenshotted that pic from another persons entry (Laxaria’s pic), that shouldn’t even count as an entry.

Light, don’t be ridiculous, we all know that isn’t art, i wasn’t being rude I was basically trying to say that isn’t art, which it isn’t, you see, IF SOMEONE ELSE REALLY MADE THAT it would be art and I would enjoy it, BUT if someone screenshotted someone else art and claimed it as there own, is that art? No, not unless THEY MADE IT THEIR OWN which I might add, he didn’t, he just left it the way it was and straight up entered it, that isn’t art, that is forging, he may have a first place vote cough but he cheated for it. and I HAVE TO BE RUDE because he doesn’t deserve that vote LAXARIA DOES it is HER ART, so if you ask me IT ISN’T ART UNTIL THE PERSON THAT MADE IT GET’S THE CREDIT. Lax deserves #1, not aenh.

aenh made it himself. I was actually in his house at the time he was working on it. There we go, derailed claim. If you can show me the piece Laxaria made that he “screenshotted” this from, then you can start arguing.

But yeah, the only reason he entered it is because Zalgo referenced make these competitions a little more varied and humorous. aenh isn’t going to get any other votes for the most part, I don’t see the harm in voting for him. I actually liked his piece a lot.

Anyway, I suppose you’ve just tipped the scale for me. I don’t like profiling people as trolls, but the behavior and total immaturity has just been so relentless. You’re honestly acting like a moron and it’s past being funny or silly, it’s ridiculous. Stop being a troll and start actually contributing to the art forums positively.

There was no need to get so worked up over something that doesn’t even slightly involve you. Like I said, aenh isn’t going to win, and you can be sure he won’t make third. Resulting to caps and making false claims is just immature and backs up any claims of you being a troll (which I’m starting to think you are).

The fact that you went out of your way to post an image insulting another person’s decision (and ultimately another person) shows that you need to spend less time working on your art and more time working on your manners and maturity.

Flag Post

WHat were you doing at his house…..O_O