Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#16 - Voting (locked)

34 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

GnomeLogic

jammio1
Removed for being stolen.

Kool_A1d
Entry removed. I told you that you’re permitted from entering, voting, or discussing until the 17th.

yuyuter

ozzy123

rawismojo

lightsun

piratemonkey

krick19

DraGonZ13

moomanmatt

InwardNose

Ncio

Ka_0z

tomsou

Ilikeeggs

hokage4354

Flag Post

1st. lightsun

I like the neon lights around the guitar and how it’s kind of centered on the guitar and teh triangle, but could use less blur.

2nd. moomanmatt

I love the background but it’s a bit too dark and feels like it could need some more color.

3rd. rawismojo

I like how it goes dark to light, but it needs more.

Flag Post

Wow. Really great entries. This SoTW has brought the best entries I’ve seen.
InwardNose – 1st – Awesome flow. Awesome effects. Awesome colours. My fav from you Inward.
Krick19 – 2nd Great flow and effects. Nice job.
DraGonZ13 – 3rd – Good compo and C4D use. Border is a bit too big and it’s a bit monotone.

Ka_0z – Great flow and compo. Flow and lightsource are awesome. Not liking the text. Monotone.
hokage4354 – Great colours and C4D use. Good depth and flow. Text murders the Sig, my eyes are drawn to it.
Tomsou – Floating head = bad. A bit monotone. Great effects. Nice blending.
Jammio – Amazing Sig. Would’ve been 1st, but I have trouble believing that you made it, sorry.

Flag Post

First I ngive to piratemonkey because his silhouette is works well with the blue. Grass is a bit off and the birds could use some work. Simple but eefective.
Second is krick19 because the flow is pretty good. Lighting isn’t amazing but the effects are good. Its a bit messy by is scraf.
tomsou is third for me becasue it isnt really to do with music but the effects in tyhe c4d work nicely. A bit one-tones.

Flag Post

Ka_0z – Great flow and compo. Flow and lightsource are awesome. Not liking the text. Monotone.

Thanks, I will work on that (:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ka_0z:

Thanks, I will work on that (:

Speaking of which, removing the text would make it much much better. :)

Flag Post

I would give first to GnomeLogic. I love how simple it is; not to say that the other sigs aren’t good, but sometimes, I feel a sig is better if it’s mostly the image, and just a tiny modification. I LOVE the subtle colors on the black keys, and how it’s ONLY on the keys. Again, very simple, but I think it’s the most creative.

I would give second to yuyuter. I do how the only focus is in the top of the guitar, and not the whole thing. The background is nice, but that light in the corner is a bit distracting. The clouds, to me, are a bit distracting as well. I do like the choice of yellow; makes the guitar stand out nicely.

I would give third to piratemonkey. I don’t know what the intent was, but when I look at it, I get the impression that the idea behind the sig is “music is wide open and can be anything”, which I like. The varying blue is nice, and I love the way the grass turned out. I think the white splatter is a bit random, though; perhaps if it were a bit smaller, it wouldn’t be as bad, yet still noticeable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ncio:

Jammio – Amazing Sig. Would’ve been 1st, but I have trouble believing that you made it, sorry.

Grrr…

Flag Post

i did make a tut? how else to prove??

Flag Post

1st – rawismojo
A lot of people will know that I praise a good result with simplicity. Love it. The render blends in effortlessly. Well Done!

2nd – DragonZ
I like the feeling of the ipod bursting out colour and I also like the composition of colour. Good render placent although it doesn’t blend too well. A bit of smudging might do the trick.

3rd – Ncio
Awesome blending the render into the background. Nice use of colour and flow. I also (strangely) like the black lines at the top and bottom. I think they help enhance the render as a focal point and remind me of watching a film.

People who just missed out:
Ka_Oz: I loved the background but I didn’t feel it went with the Ipod enough, also the text put me off slightlybut a decent effort

InwardNose: Shown the focal perfectly but I felt the background was too blank, even regarding that I commend simplicity.

Jammio: I thought it was a great sig, but I hesitated to believe that you actually made it.

Flag Post

agg.. HOW TO PROVE ELSE I MADE IT!!

Flag Post

I was going to post this in the discussion thread, but that’s already been locked.

Unless you guys can show some proof that he didn’t make it, you’re being incredibly unfair. Doing exceptionally well for oneself are not grounds in themselves to penalize someone. I know if I just hit a sig out of the park then got penalized because it was too good, I’d just be pissed. I think the burden of proof needs to fall on the people calling it a fake instead of Jammio. If you can find that sig anywhere else, then I’ll concede he may have stolen it.

In fairness, I think that jammio should email his .psd or whatever the file extension is for GIMP to hokage, then if he determines that it’s right, we restart the voting process, but if he’s unable to produce the original file, to continue the voting as it’s begun.

Flag Post

that seems fair, ill begin rummaging

Flag Post
Originally posted by jammio1:

that seems fair, ill begin rummaging

I keep all my sigs in a folder and then separate folders for whatever is in the sig eg samus

Flag Post

I’m really sorry if you did make it, but I find it hard to believe.

A few months ago Jammio made a thread asking for a drawing of his to be made more ‘ninja-ish.’. It was a great drawing of a guy with a sword. I thought that if he could draw that well, why did he need us to make it more ‘ninja-ish.’ I’ve looked for the thread, but I can’t find it. Moomanmatt and tapersteve were involved with the thread, so they can vouch for me.

Flag Post

Hmm, not many votes on my part…

Though i am rusty so i am not bothered…

And i know what Ncio is on about as well

Flag Post

thats because i didnt have photoshop,gimp or anything else Usefull towards drawing art, either way im still not good?

Flag Post

I found a thread with the drawing that he claimed to have drew.
Here scroll down a bit.

Sorry again, if you did do all this stuff Jammio, it’s just that I want to get to the bottum of this. PirtateMonkey has stolen stuff before and could happen again.

Flag Post

1st. Dragonz13: Pretty sweet, very slick. The flow is great and the concept was executed well.

2nd. Ncio: Really would’ve been first, but I thought it wasn’t music-y enough. Love the smudging.

3rd. Rawismojo: This is where I say screw common sig conventions, like flow. This is a nice sig, and it’s different from all the others in that it brought a sense of clarity and realism to the table.

Flag Post

Damn, was my entry that bad?

No votes so far? xD

Flag Post

Heh, I like it, but there are a lot of great sigs up there. I couldn’t fit yours in.

Flag Post

Meh, I tried varying the style from everybody else’s, hoping that it’s originality would help it win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jammio1:

agg.. HOW TO PROVE ELSE I MADE IT!!

Take a screen shot of it open in the programme you made it in. I would like to see layers and things alike. If you can’t show us like that then I’m afraid I do not believe you.

Flag Post

I thought the same thing last week, hokage. I don’t think veering from the norm is appreciated very often.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ncio:

I found a thread with the drawing that he claimed to have drew.

Here scroll down a bit.

Sorry again, if you did do all this stuff Jammio, it’s just that I want to get to the bottum of this. PirtateMonkey has stolen stuff before and could happen again.

I did steal a few things ages ago but I haven’t stolen in ages – and before mmm or anyone else says about that thing on dragon art, that wasn’t me, although I didn’t steal them I just rendered them.