Forums The Arts

[Group] Animation Nation! [Shut Down] (locked)

178 posts

Flag Post

About

Post your animations here, they must be of quality work, you can use any animation program including; Pivot (PC) or Stykz (MAC + PC), EasyToon (PC) and many other animation programs to come! If they aren’t of quality please save it for another thread.

What do we look for in an animation?

Movement: Is it a really choppy animation or is there little spacing between movements.

Creativity: How well is you general idea around the animation (what is your animation about I.E. two people fighting or some turtle walking down the road.)

Quality: Here we only want quality work, this rating mostly applies to Flash animations,
-Do you use layers? Or is it all just 1 layer.
-Is the art really good? Or is it just a line moving back and forth.

Use of the program: What tools and features did you use?
-Did you use them well? (this also applies to Pivot and Stykz even though they are both simple programs)

Entertainment: Was your animation mesmerizing to watch? (Could people take their eyes off your work)

If your animation has all of these things then it will be at a 5/5 rating or somewhere around there, depending on an area you missed.

Flag Post

News!

5/16/09

Titles added! you can now get a title! please refer to the lower half of the page it is located there, find out how to earn titles and what they are! (Thank Yourmom12 for this idea)

Points bank and points store added! Go here to spend/store the points you earn from doing requests!

Want a free animator? I posted up links that will navigate you to a specific program of your choice! (go lower in this page to get them, you will see links posted!)

9 members reached! (Including myself) I hope we get more, we all should be very excited! This group has grown! =D

Rank 2’s can now accept requests! Congragulations to all those that will reach rank 2, almost everyone is there so keep making and posting your work, if you know anyone on k=Kongregate that is looking to get into animating tell them to come here as a majority of us can help them out!

To the smokers out there!: It turns out that cigarette companies everywhere are adding even deadlier chemicals to their cigarettes and you will be 70% more likely to get lung cancer from it! Try and quit soon!

(More news, coming soon!)

Flag Post

Members!

Kool_A1d (Leader)
Oboe_passion
Piratemonkey
Dolerama
Username6
Pivotman99
Splishy
Ozzy123
Techyworm

Flag Post

Application Form

1.What experience do you have (What programs have you used):

2. Why you want to join:

3. Other Groups your in at the moment:

4. What is your specialization (Flash, Gimp, Pivot etc.):

5. An example of your work (let us see what you can do!):

Flag Post

Contests!

(Coming Soon!)

Flag Post

Ranks (About)

Rank 1: Your a new member and your new to the animation world!, we welcome you! (Cannot accept requests.)

Rank 2: Your still new but have proven your skills and shown most of us your ability to use many animation programs. (You can now accept requests!)

Rank 3: Your a novice, we all know and respect you and your animations (Can accept requests.)

Rank 4: Your almost there! Your an amazing animator, enough said. (Can accept requests.)

Rank 5: Last rank. Also known as “Animator Annihilator.” This is one of the hardest ranks to get to, I honor you for getting here and thank you for joining this thread. (Can accept requests, and make 1 ribbon for me to post up in the “Animator Annihilator” section located lower in this thread, please limit the size to about 200W/200H)

Flag Post

Gaining Ranks!

Rank 1: You get this when joining.

Rank 2: Achieved by posting about 3 decent animations. (varies from person to person) 100 points

Rank 3: Post 10 decent animations. (Varies from person to person) 200 points

Rank 4: Complete 20 requests. 300 points

Rank 5: Post 25 decent animations (Varies from person to person) And complete 40 requests 1000 points

Note: By accepting requests (Rank 3 and up) you get 15 points for each satisfied customer (someone that has requested an animation.) You can spend points on ranks.

Flag Post

Awards!

Earned by accepting requests and making the customers (requesters) satisfied with your work, these awards go to active members in this thread that post appropriate and more than excellent animations!

(Coming soon)

Flag Post

Rank 1’s

Find the Rank 1 members here!

Oboe_Passion
Yourmom12
Piratemonkey
Dolerama
Username6
Splishy
Techyworm
Pivotman99
Ozzy123

Flag Post

Rank 2’s

Find the Rank 2 members here!

Flag Post

Rank 3’s

Find the Rank 3 members here!

Flag Post

Rank 4’s

Find the Rank 4 members here!

Flag Post

Animator Annihilators! (Rank 5)

Find the Animator Annihilators here!

Flag Post

Points bank!

(I will put all of the members here and post the amount of points they have, so you can find your balance of points here.)

Kool_A1d (Leader) – 30 points
Oboe_passion – 0 points
Piratemonkey – 0 points
Dolerama – 0 points
Username6 – 0 points
Splishy – 0 points
Pivotman99 – 0 points
Ozzy123 – 0 points
Techyworm – 0 points

Flag Post

Points store!

Spend your points on…

-Special requests from me or another member! 45 Points

-Ranks! (Refer to the Ranks (About) section on the front page)

-Animated ribbons! 60 points

-Entrance into an exclusive thread competition! (Competitions aren’t exclusive every week, only some weeks.)

(More purchasable things coming soon!) 30 points

Flag Post

Where do you get a free animator?

Pivot

EasyToon

Stykz

Flag Post

Current requests

Ozzy123: Make an animation of Agent Smith and Neo fighting, and at the end have a machine-octopus kill them.

Chuckred3: can you make me an avatar with the letters CR3 i want something grafiti like
thx!

Flag Post

Requests up for grabs

Ozzy123: Make an animation of Agent Smith and Neo fighting, and at the end have a machine-octopus kill them.

Chuckred3: can you make me an avatar with the letters CR3 i want something grafiti like
thx!

Flag Post

Requests taken

(none)

Flag Post

Requests Completed

(List expired, more to come!)

Satisfied Customers (Requesters)

-CheckMark
-JaumeBG

Flag Post

Titles

Titles are earned through posting QUALITY animations that are smooth and follow my examples of a perfect animation (located in the first post) If you get good enough at animating in a specific program you will earn a specific title for that program. ( Various titles that can be earned are located below). All members that have earned titles will be posted under that specific title. I.E
Pivot Master:
Laxaria
then under that I put all of the other pivot masters. If you earn a title then you cannot brag about it, what you will do is be sort of a trainer and an aid to the other members and you will help them get better at that specific program (only if you wish to help) if you don’t want to help you just keep your title, please no bragging about it too much if you do I will remove your title.

Pivot Master:

Stykz Master:

EZToon Master:

Flash Master:

GIMP Master: (animated .gifs)

Flag Post

Are you done? Anyway, can we use Easytoon?

Flag Post

Yes of course, and ya I’m done, you never know how many reserves you need, haha.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kool_A1d:

Yes of course, and ya I’m done, you never know how many reserves you need, haha.

You should.

You should have planned out what you needed from the start.

Flag Post

Well I didn’t so what’s it matter? It doesn’t really, I left enough I shouldn’t have needed too many more reserves.