Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#19 - Voting (locked)

52 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

DraGonZ13

lightsun

ozzy123

hokage4354

Ncio

Roboduck

Ilikeeggs

DeadSoulReaper

Kool_A1d

rawismojo

techyworm

Jikek

cuffofizz

InwardNose

yuyuter

moomanmatt

krick19

magikman

Flag Post

Yay first!
1st: DraGonZ13. Good background, good render, good focal(s?)…. Good smudging… I would work on flow. Virtually no flow there.
2nd: InwardNose. Simple, good flow, good use of brushes, okay text, good background. Good. DraGonZ’s was more clean-feeling.
3rd: Krick. I like the forground and background effect that makes it look all snowy. Good flow, good render, all that jazz.
There were some really good entries this time! O.O

Flag Post

1st- DSR: Realy nice combination of colors, it all goes pretty well together. It also has a good sense, of depth, caused by her dark clothes standing out by the bright reds… Its cool.

2nd- Yuyuter: I like the smudging by the hand, and the lighting… The green also goes w/ it nicely to give it a more sinister look.

3rd- Ilikeeggs- U used ur colors very nicely, and the text placement worked well to.

Others that were good too:
Hokage- Urs is rly good, but its a bit busy, too much for the eyes to look at.
DraGonZ: I like it, but its a bit dark for me, it was rly just opinion here.
IN: Its good, but its so bright, i have to look away every now and then to get used to it..
They were all pretty good tho ^^

Flag Post

Since I liek anime….

1st: Jikek:It’s very well put together, and has a nice look.
2nd: Inwardnose: Nice colors and effects.
3rd: Magikman: Nice flow and the colors go good together.

Lol, I suck at critique…

Flag Post

Noooooo, Hokage wrong one, it was the one with all black background, sorry I forgot to tell you.

Flag Post

1.Ncio, its very well blended and i simply love the text placement.
2.InwardNose I love the purple theme and again the text placement is good.
3.yuyuter the C4D’s in this signature fit AMAZINGLY well with the render.

Flag Post

You didn’t add my one in

it was in the thread

Flag Post

1.krick19 – I love the merging of background and imagine, also very nice how the head is anime and the gun is realist.
2.Ilikeeggs – Love the blue background and very fitting picture, good positioning
3.Techyworm – I love the background, pretty awesome smudging as well

Flag Post

1st Jikek i love the background and the way you have slightly distorted the render

2nd hokage4354 i LOVE the text placement and the render, and the background is cool too

3rd inwardnose i love the fact that it is very clear and simple, very good

EDIT: thanks for the vote mureth :3

Flag Post

Dragonz – It seemsreally blande and could use some effects and gradient maps.

Lightsun – The border and the text kill it, but other than that just work on doing more things with your program like using layer modes and using c4d’s.

ozzy – Kill the text. Try adding some more effects around the render and not on the left side. Part of the render should be covered.

hokage – there isn’t much too it, just brushings, text, and a render. Add some effects.

NCIO – Nice… can’t find anything wrong with it, but it just needs a wow factor.

Roboduck – Uhhh… it needs work. Look up some tutorials, I’m guessing your pretty new to this.

Ilikeeggs – The focal takes up too much of the sig and the text is bad. the border doesn’t work well either.

DSR – Work on adding depth through sharpening, blurring, dodging, and burning.

Kool_A1d – Pop-out sigs aren’t the thang anymore. Needs some work on flow and colors for now.

Rawismojo – Other than the low contrast this is really good.

techyworm – Make your render a bit bigger and kill the text. Other than that it’s just a little over-contrasted.

… I’m too lazy to go on, there’s a lot of participation this week.

1st. – Rawismojo – Well deserved, I see a lot of improvement and I just love this tag.

2nd. – Krick19 – Love the grainy textures on this one, work on lighting and flow.

3rd. – NCIO – Nice… can’t find anything wrong with it, but it just needs a wow factor.

Flag Post

I think IN should win this one…

Flag Post
Originally posted by InwardNose:

Dragonz – It seemsreally blande and could use some effects and gradient maps.

Lightsun – The border and the text kill it, but other than that just work on doing more things with your program like using layer modes and using c4d’s.

ozzy – Kill the text. Try adding some more effects around the render and not on the left side. Part of the render should be covered.

hokage – there isn’t much too it, just brushings, text, and a render. Add some effects.

NCIO – Nice… can’t find anything wrong with it, but it just needs a wow factor.

Roboduck – Uhhh… it needs work. Look up some tutorials, I’m guessing your pretty new to this.

Ilikeeggs – The focal takes up too much of the sig and the text is bad. the border doesn’t work well either.

DSR – Work on adding depth through sharpening, blurring, dodging, and burning.

Kool_A1d – Pop-out sigs aren’t the thang anymore. Needs some work on flow and colors for now.

Rawismojo – Other than the low contrast this is really good.

techyworm – Make your render a bit bigger and kill the text. Other than that it’s just a little over-contrasted.

… I’m too lazy to go on, there’s a lot of participation this week.

1st. – Rawismojo – Well deserved, I see a lot of improvement and I just love this tag.

2nd. – Krick19 – Love the grainy textures on this one, work on lighting and flow.

3rd. – NCIO – Nice… can’t find anything wrong with it, but it just needs a wow factor.

Why NCIO not Ncio. His actual name is Nico…..?

Originally posted by ozzy123:

1st- DSR: Realy nice combination of colors, it all goes pretty well together. It also has a good sense, of depth, caused by her dark clothes standing out by the bright reds… Its cool.

2nd- Yuyuter: I like the smudging by the hand, and the lighting… The green also goes w/ it nicely to give it a more sinister look.

3rd- Ilikeeggs- U used ur colors very nicely, and the text placement worked well to.

Others that were good too:

Hokage- Urs is rly good, but its a bit busy, too much for the eyes to look at.

DraGonZ: I like it, but its a bit dark for me, it was rly just opinion here.

IN: Its good, but its so bright, i have to look away every now and then to get used to it..

They were all pretty good tho ^^

No offence ozzy and I don’t mean to provoke a flame war but I think that is purpose;y voting people who won’t win so that the winners don’t get as many point. Just what it looks as I’m afraid.

Originally posted by pivotman99:

Since I liek anime….

1st: Jikek:It’s very well put together, and has a nice look.

2nd: Inwardnose: Nice colors and effects.

3rd: Magikman: Nice flow and the colors go good together.

Lol, I suck at critique…

(With some exception) Are you blind?

I am quite dissapointed that I have had no votes at all yet as I would definate;y rate mine above som that have. for instance Ilikeeggs. I am trying not to cause offence here but some of it is badly rendered its horribly blurred and darkened, the border is terrible and the background really isn’t all that either.

1st – Ncio
Colours blend awesomely as usual and the light look amazing coming up at the front and around the back. Text is also expertly done.

2nd – Hokage
Purely for very good colour choice making the render blend in yet also stand out.the render holding the text is genius!

3rd – Yuyuter
Slightly dark but a good feeling to it. Gives off lots of atmosphere and the render blends in well to the background making the hand a standing out focal point.

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

1st – Ncio

Colours blend awesomely as usual and the light look amazing coming up at the front and around the back. Text is also expertly done.

2nd – Hokage

Purely for very good colour choice making the render blend in yet also stand out.the render holding the text is genius!

3rd – Yuyuter

Slightly dark but a good feeling to it. Gives off lots of atmosphere and the render blends in well to the background making the hand a standing out focal point.

Originally posted by techyworm:

1st Jikek i love the background and the way you have slightly distorted the render

2nd hokage4354 i LOVE the text placement and the render, and the background is cool too

3rd inwardnose i love the fact that it is very clear and simple, very good

EDIT: thanks for the vote mureth :3

Two votes so far! W00t!

Flag Post

MMM: Not my fault i have an opinion… i just liked the ones i picked… theres no point in voting if we can’t have our own opinion now, is there? Also, i think u say that, because u look at sigs technically… I try and base it on the overall picture, not the little bitty things.. No offense of course, just 2 different ways of looking at a picture…

Edited… lol

Flag Post

Lax?

Flag Post

Laxaria…. never posted here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yuyuter:

Lax?

Originally posted by hokage4354:

Laxaria…. never posted here.

no, i think he means relax…

Flag Post

I meant MMM, sry, kinda tired :P Wait a minute… that changes things… MMM doesn’t look at things that technically… lol, i have no arguement now :P

Flag Post

MMM; quite honestly, yours sucked.

Flag Post

So we can chat in voting now? Cool.

Lols at MMM saying mine has no chance at winning. Our marriage is over D:<

Flag Post

No, you can’t. >_>

Flag Post

First: ozzy123.
I’m a huge fan of DragonBall series, and I liked the style of the background. Awesome work. 10/10

Second: Jikek.
The background is impressive, plus it fits with the character style. Good work. 9.5/10

Third: moomanmatt.
Nice background and effect with the main character. Although those little pieces around her aren’t like she is, she’s kind of blurry but they aren’t, I liked the signature. 8.5/10.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DeadSoulReaper:

I said "with exception exactly for that reason :) !

MMM: Not my fault i have an opinion… i just liked the ones i picked… theres no point in voting if we can’t have our own opinion now, is there? Also, i think u say that, because u look at sigs technically… I try and base it on the overall picture, not the little bitty things.. No offense of course, just 2 different ways of looking at a picture…

Edited… lol

Fine I suppose you do.

Well your just a spamming, flaming n00b aren’t you? Thats why everyone hates you in their games. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:
Originally posted by DeadSoulReaper:

I said "with exception exactly for that reason :) !

Edited… lol

Fine I suppose you do.

Well your just a spamming, flaming n00b aren’t you? Thats why everyone hates you in their games. :D

I may be a little spammy at times, but your pushing it with flamer. Pisses on MMM.

Flag Post

I may be a little spammy at times, but your pushing it with flamer. Pisses on MMM.

contradiction much?