Forums The Arts

LoG Art Contest!!!

46 posts

Flag Post

ATTENTION LEAGUE OF GAMERS!!!*
From the desk of DjStreamline, Room Owner and Moderator of the LoG…

I’m making this official, I challenge Anyone in the League of Gamers, Permamembers and non, to a LoG Art Contest.

The League needs a Banner for our Wikia page, and Dj is too lazy to make one Himself, so I’m relying on you guys to come up with something fun and exciting for me!!! It can either be Landscape or Portrait, just keep it relatively small.
As of Saturday, 6/27/09, The competition will be closed, and a vote will be taken on everyone’s Favorite picture. Winner will be decided July 1st.
The Prize for Winning picture, along with becoming the OFFICIAL LoG banner, will be the opportunity to design the LoG lounge in Dj’s house in the up-coming game “Remnants of Skystone” (RoS), with a yet to be decided “spore” reward spending budget!!! (Spores are the form of currency in the game, amount will be Substantial, in the thousands, we’ll just have to see ;) Only rule so far, keep it clean, keep it small, keep it LoG!

So make us a Banner right NAO!!
(Also post your work in Kongregate Collabs!!)
Here is a screenshot of what my place looks like so far:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj204/djstreamline/MyPad2.jpg

Flag Post

XXXIMPORTANT UPDATE!!xxx
It’s official, the winning banner will be featured centerpiece in the official LoG Lounge!!!
Either make your picture a perfect square, or 2×4 landscape or portrait (below)

Make the Posters fit into one of these templates, preferrably…
Template

Hint: Save this pic, open in editing software/enlarge, create Artwork inside box, Resize back?
Example: Template2

Honestly you can make it any size, i have my reasons for the above request, enlarge the template to whatever size you want to work with, this is just the dimensions I’m preferrable looking for… A perfect square would work too, but I’m hoping for poster-look.

Flag Post

Flag Post
<table><tr><td></td>

</tr><tr><td>From uploads</td></tr></table>
i will win for sure

Flag Post
Originally posted by moses78:
<table><tr><td></td>

i will win for sure

I suggest… quiting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Checkmark:
<table><tr><td></td>

i will win for sure

I suggest… quiting.

might i ask why?

Flag Post
<table><tr><td></td>

i will win for sure

I think you will not win. that is, indeed, quite an epic fail picture.

Flag Post

LoL, at least he TRIED!

Flag Post

Guys, either give criticism that is almost constructive, or just don’t say anything. No reason to be jerks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by djstreamline:

LoL, at least he TRIED!

EDIT: how do i delete this post i didn’t mean to submit it

Flag Post

Let’s not be so harsh….

Personally I think it has good depth, it’s obvious there are hills in the background, but it is lacking decent lighting and text, the coloration is absolutely horrible, try paying attention to calm colors, because art is peaceful, I will attempt to explain the basics to you.

Different colors make people feel different emotions, like anger, hunger and even love or happiness, that is one of the main reasons coloration is important, have you noticed why Coca Cola is the #1 soda brand? Take a second to think about it…

Because it’s color is red! Because the color red makes you hungry, when people are looking at red they get hungry, colors like blue make people feel calm, just a small example as to why coloration is an important thing to know.

Flag Post

moses what did you make that with?? if its paint i suggest getting gimp its free… if its gimp i suggest learning a few tutorials before trying to fill requests and in return get slammed for it…. just some advice sorry if its mean

PS. This is a public banner some heavy advice would be don’t include your name in the bottom right… since if they resize it your name will be just to big

Flag Post

I’ll make one :)

Flag Post

Wait, so we make the banner in that teensy little rectangle? That’s a pretty small banner…

Flag Post

Edited above post for clarity on “dimensions of banner” Sorry for the confusion!

Flag Post
Originally posted by chimchim930:

PS. This is a public banner some heavy advice would be don’t include your name in the bottom right… since if they resize it your name will be just to big

We Were SUPPOSED to Sign it 0_0, i’d like to see one of you enter instead of critisising the only entry that isnt posted by a mod

Flag Post

And now for something completely different

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sir_Fratley:
Originally posted by chimchim930:

We Were SUPPOSED to Sign it 0_0, i’d like to see one of you enter instead of critisising the only entry that isnt posted by a mod

oh sorry didn’t see that we needed to sign it… and none of us said we could make something better.. rawis made a good point of telling him some CC rather than being a jerk so i tried giving him some CC sorry if i mis-read

Flag Post

Ok, Sorry. it was only when we were talking about it last night in the LoG.
also, i didnt mean to make it out that you were ALL doing it
Anyway, Back to topic

Flag Post

touched up a bit, G is filled out more, and a bit more to a few clouds, not much though.

Flag Post

If you guyz have a problem with sizing, just leave it how it is and i can fix things for my purposes at a future date :)

Flag Post

Photobucket

Flag Post

?

Flag Post

touched up a bit, G is filled out more, and a bit more to a few clouds, not much though.

hahaha that beautiful moses, i can tell yyou put a lot of effort and time

Flag Post

Here’s a quick try: