Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#20 - Voting (locked)

68 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

yuyuter

ozzy123

piratemonkey

cuffofizz

Roboduck

Jikek

lightsun

Ilikeeggs

TheRaginpotato

Tapersteve

hokage4354

Ncio

krick19

moomanmatt

techyworm

Flag Post

ozzy123- it blends nicely and i LOVE the effect at the top. the scan lines are nice too.
hokage4354- i like the coloring and the editing done to get that effect. wish i could do that :P
krick19-i like it probably would have been 2nd if there was text though.

Flag Post

1st – Ozzy
Hilarious!

2nd – Krick
I liked the clean dull feel of it. Definately captures war.

3rd – Ncio
Monotone but generally done well.

Flag Post

*1~st~ NCIO * there is a clear light source which goes over to the render, the text is nice, the whole grayscale things is good and the c4d to the left looks… well… funky :P.

2 nd Jikek Nice background and render even though i think the background could’ve done with being slightly different colour as it almost hides the guy to the left. Could’ve done better.

3 rd Ozzy123 I love your drawing skills, liked the flamey-seaweedy things around the bottom, couldve done with using some tuts for making your render have more of an effect.

Honourable Mention!
MMM the text let you down on this piece, call me old fashioned but i like the text easy to read, apart from that a very close 4th.

Flag Post

1st – Krick19 – Great image manip. Lovely calm colours. It craves text. I can hear it, calling out.
2nd – Moomanmatt – Great depth. Nice flow. Not very ‘warish’. A tad too monotone.
3rd – yuyuter – Great smudging. Love the colours. Not liking the text.

Flag Post

You forgot to my entry in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Big_Ole_Dog:

It isn’t the correct size.

:/

Flag Post

Holy crap, i’m starting to get more than one vote per Sotw!!!

1st: Ncio: Its cool, i like how u made it look like theres debree in the air, and its an over-all gr8 sig…

2nd: Lishtsun: Like the colors, though the background should’ve been centered around the soldier…

3rd: Jikek: It blends in well, and looks good in all.

All good sigs this week, tho some sigs could’ve had more done to ’um to make them look better..

Flag Post
Originally posted by hokage4354:

Pirate resized it, and thats a stupid reason to not put in an entry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hokage4354:

Pirate resized it, and thats a stupid reason to not put in an entry.

I see where he said “I resized it”, but I don’t see the actual resized sig.

If you don’t like the rule then at least provide some reasoning as to why it’s “stupid”.

And if you do provide reasoning, don’t do it here- this is the voting thread.

Flag Post

1-lightsun-great use of the greyscale man and coloured backround
2-techyworm-great colour and use of holographics
3-yuyuter-good use of smudging

Flag Post
Originally posted by sportsmaster19:

Some people need to be banned from voting. (controversy awaits!)

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:
Originally posted by sportsmaster19:

Some people need to be banned from voting. (controversy awaits!)

Why?

1. Moomanmatt, i love the render and the effects, very nice
2. Ncio, the grayscale effect is awesome and i like the way the dude is kinda popping out of the border
3. Lightsun, i like the brushes and the background, i think it would have been better with a coloured render but still good

And thanks for the vote sportsmaster19!

Flag Post

1st, to me, belongs to Jikik, no questions asked. The characters are from a great game, I love how they both stand out and fade into the background, and the Semper Fi is a nice little touch to the sig as a whole. Very nicely done; it would take me a loooong time to find something I didn’t like about it.

2nd is Tapersteve. Saw it on DeviantArt, and I still like it, here. (Need to make a note to go favorite it there. I forgot to. :o) It different, which is awesome, since it stands out so much. But something about the eyes is bugging me; I don’t know if it was because that’s how they originally were in the photo, but they seem almost too dull to me.

3rd is Roboduck. I like the color scheme, and the subtle-yet-not-so-subtle KABOOM! in the middle. I think it sums up the Demoman nicely. My only complaint is the rings on the borders; if it were me, I think I’d made them a light orange color, to stand out a bit more and make the center of the picture a tiny by stronger. Or else a stronger white. The color its at now is nice, but it doesn’t stand out a whole lot. Just my two cents.

A special note would be for moomanmatt, who I couldn’t decide if he should take third or Roboduck. I do like the character (What’s he/she from, by the way?), but I think it’s way too dark for my taste. If it were a little lighter, I think I would’ve put it as third place. It’s a great sig all the same, but just too dark for me.

-Deriaz

Flag Post

ozzy123 All the way!

Flag Post

no i dulled the eyes as she is dead ..

Flag Post

#1: Ncio – I like the black and white look. And the word WAR by him makes it look mysterious which just works well.
#2: Jikek – The background matches the characters. With the ruggedy Im a bad A$$ look.
#3: ozzy123 – Great Green to black look. The sqiggly things in the back could’ve had a bit of difference in em but it was still good. great work.

Flag Post

1st: lightsun – no doubt about it, it is by far the best excellently executed.
2nd: cuffofizz – not bad, but needs to work on flow
3rd: jikek – love the composition

Flag Post

1 lightsun really really goodjob. i really like the background and bullet. fabulous.
2 ilikeeggs good render and nice popout. unique and that’s what counts
3 raginpotato not as gooas the others, but still looks really well done. good black effect.

Flag Post

First lightsun: nice red and white streakers and blue contrast
Second Tapersteve: well designed. very good effort.
Thirrd hokage4354: doesn’t look like much effort, but still appealing

Flag Post

lightsun because of the difference between black and colour

roboduck because the sig just looks hilarious

and last is yuyuter for the best smudge i have ever seen

Flag Post

first up lightsun for the good render placement and nice background effects
second place ncio for an overall well focused with light and well design war sig. good text.
last but not least krick for the best IIwa Jimo sig i have ever seen

Flag Post

1. Lightsun-The flag does it for me. It is nice and bright. Authentic, but still artisticly done.
2. Ozzy123-I like the gree you used. I also like the green highlight behind your character.
3. Ncio – although it is in black and white, it seems to help the piece rather than hurt it.

Flag Post

Paraxx, Erahuz, JamminNinjaze, halilejuah and darksecrets are all accounts that were made today. What is the dealio?

Flag Post

It is odd, but the only person who seemed to benefit was lightsun, and I think he is trustworthy enough.