Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#21 - Voting (locked)

36 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Ncio

cuffofizz

rawismojo

ozzy123

Big_Ole_Dog

InwardNose

lightsun

piratemonkey

DraGonZ13

sockgzin

dean_machine

SizBiz

Flag Post

1. Dean_machine – He’s good.
2. Ncio – He’s good too.
3. IN – He’s also good.

Flag Post

1 dean_machine i dont know how he made it so detailed. 2 lightsun because he made samus stand out. 3 DraGonZ13 because kirby was well made

Flag Post

1. dean_machine: I like how it is not just an average rectangle. You added shape to it. I also like the lighting effect.
2. lightsun: I like the background colors, along with the lighting effects.
3. raw: I like the cloudy effect in the background. it blends in nicely with your characters gun clouds.

Flag Post

deanmachines lookes like a badge

Flag Post

1st: Ncio – Mainly because of the nice range of blue colors in there. I’m kinda biased towards blue. The blast particles around the gun have a nice ice color look to it. There are some things that I considered docking you to a lower position though (I feel like the many specs in the background are a bit annoying and same with the text being cut off so it looks like MEGF, but MEGF may be someones name), but I can’t deny that it’s the most visually appealing to me.

2nd: DraGonZ13 – A close first. It’s smooth and has nice appropriate colors. The sky fits well too. The scan lines are kinda bothersome, but not too bad.

3rd: rawismojo – Very nice glow around the gun. It has a mysterious setting. The blue glow doesn’t seem to fit well to me. There also appears to be some objects on the left and right side I can partly make out, but not enough to be sure of what it is and that’s annoying to me. The background has nice coloring and lighting.

Sorry if I’m not suppose to critique it.

Flag Post

1st- Ncio: All around great sig, can’t see nything wrong with it O_O

2nd-Lightsun: Just like the all around feel of it, the colors and everything are nice.. Is composition the right word to decribe that?

3rd-Dean_Machine: Just pickin’ my favorite from the rest here, hard one to pick 3rd this time.

Dean: ur supposed to critique, thats wut most ppl use for there reasoning for wen they vote, ussualy if ur too lazy, ur vote won’t count.

Flag Post

First two votes have my doubts on authenticity and lack the required basic understanding of a sig to make a well supported vote.

EDIT: Haven’t you guys ever seen a good sprite tag and actually tried one to see how hard it is to do? =/

First Place: Inward

What can I say? Good job. Good use of effects and stocks, good use of sprites and composition. Nothing much to say but an overall job well done.

Second place: Ncio

Good text attempt and interesting compositin. It is a bit on the monotone side and you should try to add more colours like purples and greens instead of relying on just one blue colour through our entry. Good effect usage.

*Third place: DragonZ"

Good control of depth. Love that the composition is interesting and special. Good job.

Flag Post

1st- Dean_Machine: Most well done and best attention to detail. At first glance it catches you and it’s Raccoon Mario FTW!

2nd- Lightsun: I love the rainbow colors, the text could have been better. Very well done over all.

3rd- Ncio: The Blue stands out and the colors go very well with each other. I don’t really like the black border on top and bottom, kills the flow for me, Great job though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

EDIT: Haven’t you guys ever seen a good sprite tag and actually tried one to see how hard it is to do? =/

It’s not always about how hard it is to make something. Sometimes it plays a role into liking something more, but certainly not everyone will see the importance of it, and it very well may not look that good after a lot of hard work.

Flag Post

Umm mine was left out. Why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SizBiz:

Umm mine was left out. Why?

I’m sorry- I didn’t notice the post where you specified which one you wanted to enter.

You kept asking “Which should I choose?”, and when I saw you thank somebody for the CC,
I failed to noticed that you specified which one you would enter.

Flag Post

Good attempt sizbiz. I dare say there’s some Composition skills in yous :)

Sorry but it’s not enough to make me change my vote. Good try and hope you keep it up.

Flag Post

Sorry to say it’s not enough to change my vote either, SizBiz.

Flag Post

Guess mine was a lil sloppy…no votes….owe my pride… =(

Flag Post

1st dean_machine-Perfectly constructed and I love the simplicity of it. Just goes to show amazing sigs don’t need grunge or swirly neon stuff in it to be good. The outline of it as it goes around mario perfects it and makes him stand out. Without the border it would just not be the same it’s my favourite one there so that means it’s my FIRST PLACE
2nd Ncio-Very good flow from the gun and nothing that I can see that’s wrong with it at all. The shards from the gun have a nice icy look and fit in perfectly.
3rd SizBiz-Wasn’t bad enough to change my vote lol. I like shine off the gem, the fire being grayscale in the background, the swirliness of the fire and very good overall.

Flag Post

1st. piratemonkey- Street fighter is awesome, love the render(s?) and how it is stacked. It’s simple and just all around amazing imo.

2nd. InwardNose- Over 9000. Awesome render, love the background, simple like pirate’s and is general win.

3rd. ozzy123- Could use more but still is quite epic love the render and how it is like a cycle, made me think my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Flag Post

I would say first is rawismojo. I like the color scheme, and the sig as a whole. It’s really hard for me to say there’s anything wrong with it; it’s both detailed, but subtle. I love the background the most.

Second is SizBiz. I love the gray flames in the background. I think the light reflection on the gemstone could have maybe been a bit more subtle, though — it stands out a bit too much. I don’t know if you wanted that or not, but that’s the first thing I see, even before Kirby, who I assume you wanted to be the absolute focal point. Then again, it could just be me. ;P I love the look, though.

Third is dean_machine. The shape is really cool, and I love how it isn’t just your average rectangular signature. My only complaint is that it doesn’t seem to have a whole lot that stands out. Maybe that’s a good thing, though; on one hand, it works together really well. But on the other hand, it kind of makes me just skim over it and move on. Again, huge props for doing something not rectangular. :D

-Deriaz

Flag Post
Originally posted by dean_machine:
Originally posted by Laxaria:

It’s not always about how hard it is to make something. Sometimes it plays a role into liking something more, but certainly not everyone will see the importance of it, and it very well may not look that good after a lot of hard work.

I agree completely with Laxaria, although I would probably be more evil in saying it.

Originally posted by jerqod:

1 dean_machine i dont know how he made it so detailed. 2 lightsun because he made samus stand out. 3 DraGonZ13 because kirby was well made

What do you mean by so detailed?
And DragonZ didn’t make the kirby…

Flag Post

1. rawismojo I love the smudging and the light source and is all around awesome!
2. lightsun I like the text placement and the font is cool, the background is awesome too!
3. dean_machine I like the smoothness and simpleness of it, and the gloss, nice one

Flag Post

1st – InwardNose – Great work. Love the effects. Awesome depth and flow. Nice text. Nice concept too.
2nd – DraGonZ13 – Awesome coloues and depth. Great placement. Text is alright.
3rd – Lightsun – My fav from you. Great colours and effects. Quite lq tho.

Flag Post

1 inwardnose, def the best sig here, best compo and effects

2 sockgzin, i lol’d. def. the most original tag here

3 ncio

Flag Post

I guess from now on I’m just gonna judge my success by people who know what they’re talking about.

I really don’t mind you guys voting for something that looks cool, but maybe I can try to change what you think looks cool.

Flag Post

I really hope, by now, you guys don’t really measure your own artistic success by how often you win kong SOTW. If really want to see how you fair against more active artistic communities, I’d urge you to go to those communities. In the end, the art section here is pretty good, but it really lacks the professional user-base that can both provide stunning examples and constructive feedback.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

I really hope, by now, you guys don’t really measure your own artistic success by how often you win kong SOTW. If really want to see how you fair against more active artistic communities, I’d urge you to go to those communities. In the end, the art section here is pretty good, but it really lacks the professional user-base that can both provide stunning examples and constructive feedback.

Care to name some other than NSL or Deviant Art(too much anime, and no1 ever looks at ur art :-S)? :P