Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#22 - Voting (locked)

26 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Laxaria

chimchim930

cuffofizz

ozzy123

lightsun

Oboe_Passion

DraGonZ13

krick19

moomanmatt

Roboduck

yuyuter

dean_machine

InwardNose

piratemonkey

Flag Post

Thats not my entry… Remember, i changed it to the more vector-character styled one..

Edit: ty ^^

1st: Lightsun— its just a real nice design in all

2nd: Oboe Passion— i had alot of trouble deciding on if u should be 1st or not, nice work ^^

3rd: MooManMatt— I like the simplicity, and overall use of the pen tool ^^

Heheh, 1st voter :P

Flag Post

1st: Oboe, I love the colors, they just hook me right away. Very well done. The flow is nicely done too. It is a bit blank in thcenter near the bottom. Overall, Great!

2nd: Lightsun, very appealing to my eyes (they had sex with this sig!). I got bored over to the right, but amazing flow over to the left. Shitty text, but in the end it is great!

3rd: Dean, I love the color effect used on it, the circles just keep me interested in the sig. I could look at it for a good half hour. It has nothing very exiting in it, no fractals, c4d’s, different brushes, etc. But I still like it over the rest and so it gets my 3rd vote.

Flag Post

1st: krick19 — Just very interesting with strong focal point. It makes me think of lots of things; fields, waves, clouds etc.

2nd: Laxaria — Everything flows out nicely from the what I think of as a sun. The lighting on all the elements looks correct, so everything appears to be real. I like the colors as well.

3rd: moomanmatt — Simple and clean, flows nicely.

Flag Post

1st – krick19 – Great smudging. Awesome colours. Good job.
2nd – Oboe_Passion – Text is bad. Very detailed. Great effects and colours.
3rd – Laxaria -Great colours. Nice smudging. Not liking the text. Over sharpened.

Flag Post

1st: dean_machine: Just because the way it looks. It makes me feel… fuzzy inside.
2nd: krick19: Awesome smudging, but I don’t really like the colors.
3rd: lightsun: Don’t really like the text, but good enough to get my third vote.

Flag Post

1st- Oboe i really like how you did that it appeals to the eye
2nd- Laxaria I just really liked how its smudged but seeing the words abstract better would have looked better.
3rd- Lightsun I like the design but for some reason i dont like it above the other two..sorry

I know i cant give good CC but there are my votes

Flag Post

1. Oboe_Passion: Its great. Nice use of text.
2. Piratemonkey: I lobe the text.
3. Lightsun: Its just really cool.

Flag Post

1st krick i really like the colours and the smudging, its awesome :D

2nd Oboe_Passion The text is awesome and the lines are really cool

3rd Roboduck The big circle draws me in :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ozzy123:

Thats not my entry… Remember, i changed it to the more vector-character styled one..

Edit: ty ^^

1st: Lightsun— its just a real nice design in all

2nd: Oboe Passion— i had alot of trouble deciding on if u should be 1st or not, nice work ^^

3rd: MooManMatt— I like the simplicity, and overall use of the vectors tool ^^

Heheh, 1st voter :P

Theres a vectors tool?

Flag Post

Yeah, there is. I used it in mine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Oboe_Passion:

Yeah, there is. I used it in mine.

Is it on GIMP?

Flag Post

Yes. I believe it’s more commonly called the paths tool, or the pen tool. Very handy for vectors, if you use it the right way.

Flag Post

Edited for more commonly used terms ;)

Flag Post

Aah, the paths tool, never heard it called vector tool before :P.

Flag Post
Theres a vectors tool?

How did you do your sig if you didn’t use a pen/vector/pathing tool?

Flag Post

1. moonman; It’s clean and sharp. I’m not a huge fan of the text, but I like the shanding used behind the black.
2. lightsun; Nice use of coloring and lighting, especially behind your plant. Again, I’m not a hue fan of the text, though.
3. Laxaria; The blending is excellent, it almost looks as if it was done with paintbrushes and then scanned onto your program. I also like the placement of your bright, sun-like object.

Flag Post

:‘( No votes
1st: krick19. This is pure awesome. Don’t know what zorai means, but it’s an excellent sig. Love it.
2nd: moomanmatt. This is also very good. I love the cleanly-ness of it all. Great work.
3rd: DraGonZ13. Very good. I like this style, seen it alot but it’s good anyways. That’s all I can say. Good job.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:
Theres a vectors tool?

How did you do your sig if you didn’t use a pen/vector/pathing tool?

I’m sure he used it but just didn’t know it was also called vector/pen/path tool

Flag Post

My 1st place vote goes to ozzy123. I like the character, and I like the colors. I think the gray stands out nicely in the character as well. The white glow around it is a bit out of place, considering the white orb to the left. I think it would have looked better without the glow. But great job, regardless. :)

My 2nd place vote goes to InwardNose. It made me look for text in it, since so many other entries have it; then I realized they were just circles, and that made me grin. The colors seem waaaaay too chaotic to me, though; a sort of digital camoflauge look, to me, would have looked better.

My 3rd place vote goes to dean_machine. I think your colors worked a bit better that InwardNose’s, but the blue streaks are too distracting. I think the piece would have looked much nicer without them, or with very few of them.

I do just want to say that I don’t like all the words in a good amount of these, like “clean”, “pause”, or what-have-you. It seems kind of cheesy and screams, “I did this without a render!” A good amount of these would have looked great with no text, but because it looks so bad (to me), I had to place the non-text ones first. But that’s just me. Sorry!

-Deriaz

Flag Post

So the theme was abstract? Okay, I’ll be basing these votes on what is really abstract, and what isn’t. Or at least what captures good abstraction. (and no, I don’t just mean it was really renderless)

1 – Laxaria. It was good and abstract for me. While others seemed to formulated and standard, I actually think you did a good job of using strategies artists use in paintings, and doing them well.

2 – InwardNose. Once again, it was beautifully abstract. I’m not always a fan of “smudge some colors and call it art” thing, but I do take in mind these are signatures and not fine art.

3 – krick19. Not beautiful, but definitely was abstract enough for me! It was a bit messy, but that was what put it together well. Loved the colors.
3 -

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marh:

So the theme was abstract? Okay, I’ll be basing these votes on what is really abstract, and what isn’t. Or at least what captures good abstraction. (and no, I don’t just mean it was really renderless)

1 – Laxaria. It was good and abstract for me. While others seemed to formulated and standard, I actually think you did a good job of using strategies artists use in paintings, and doing them well.

2 – InwardNose. Once again, it was beautifully abstract. I’m not always a fan of “smudge some colors and call it art” thing, but I do take in mind these are signatures and not fine art.

3 – krick19. Not beautiful, but definitely was abstract enough for me! It was a bit messy, but that was what put it together well. Loved the colors.

3 -

The theme wuz not abstract, u just couldnt use renders/stocks… Otherwise, my entry would be horrible for the theme :-/

Flag Post

Oboe Passion: I just love the way it all comes together. The text is a great substitute for a render and it gives the piece a focal. I like the way you used a flame to make a background sort of thing. This deserves my first vote.

Lightsun: Absolutely beautiful piece of work. The whole glow effect really compliments the floral brush. And your background brush makes this piece complete, instead of just leaving it blank. The text is pretty bad but easily overpowered by the rest of the work. Nice job!

Laxaria: Great! The whole effect gives me a peaceful feeling. I like the way you brushed and smudged to make a sunrise effect. Apart from the son, it really looks like an oil painting. My only advice is to make the text a little smaller or not as bold. Very nice piece.

Flag Post

Thanks all for the votes! Probably best week if this continues. 2 thirds a second and first if my counting is right.

Flag Post

1st-Oboe_Passion-The neon lines are perfectly done and you can’t help following them with your eyes and making sound effects as you do it… or is that just me…
2nd-Krick19-I like the sharpness of it that makes it so different from the others.
3rd-chimchim930-It’s a relatively nice looking sig, only the text in the top right put me off a bit…