Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#23 - Voting (locked)

15 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

ozzy123

Oboe_Passion

InwardNose

lightsun

moomanmatt

Big_Ole_Dog

yuyuter

rawismojo

Laxaria

Ncio

cuffofizz

techyworm

NoteyMan

hokage4354

piratemonkey

Flag Post

1st) Laxaria – It’s much crisper than the others, with great contrast between the dark blacks and bright whites.
2nd) cuffofizz – Really cool perspective and a neat mix of stylized art with line-drawn.
3rd) nothing else really caught my eye

Flag Post
Originally posted by najzere:

1st) Laxaria – It’s much crisper than the others, with great contrast between the dark blacks and bright whites.

2nd) cuffofizz – Really cool perspective and a neat mix of stylized art with line-drawn.

A 3rd vote must be provided for it to count.

Flag Post

1) Laxaria- I just love final fantasy.

2)Yuyuter- Boo! Erm. why wouldn’t i pick that.

3) Lightsun- Very smooth, good grid BG.

Flag Post

1. Lightsun- The explosion at the bottom looks nice. I like the background and the diagonal lines in the left that overlap your character.
2.Big_Ole_Dog- The biggest reason is for your ribbon. It was well done. But also, you have some nice lighting effects in there.
Techyworm- I like how you made it look like he was moving by blurring the ground.

Flag Post

1. cuffofizz: I love the background, and that is one of my favorite movies.
2. rawismojo: Really cool background.
3. InwardNose: It just… amazes me.

On another note, when is voting for #24 gonna be posted?

Flag Post

1st-Lightsun: It rly pops out at me, just got back from a day of cannoing and a day of six flags, so sry if i don’t give a big explanation, sorta tired… *_*"

2nd-Laxaria: rly nice flow, just like the overall effects used..

3rd-Hokage: It was like an 8-way tie for this, just liked this one a little bit more…

Nice entries for this week guys ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by najzere:

…And thats why you should be banned from everything. Ever.

Flag Post

HOKAGE. BIG_OLE_DOGS IS MY ONE! I MADE 2 ENTRIES!

YAY! I GOT A VOTE!

Flag Post

Haha, which one’s your entry?
1- lightsun. I think it’s your best so far! Nice background and focal and all that stuff.
2- Ncio. Good sig like always, but I don’t understand the text. Is it the contrast between the background and the render? Good sig, anyway.
3- Laxaria. Nice splatter brushes, good render… Or is it a stock? Can’t tell. Good job.

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

YAY! I GOT A VOTE!

Unfortunately, your final entry isn’t the one that got voted for.

Flag Post

1st for me is yuyuter. Nice and clean, and I love the little “boo!”. It’s fitting. I would have extended the background a bit more, so the left doesn’t feel as empty — I do like the empty, but there’s a little bit too much of it.

2nd for me is lightsun. It looks nice, but the word “Metroid” feels out of place. I really don’t know how I would change that, though; maybe it’s best there. But otherwise, I love the effects and the checkerboard background.

3rd to me is ozzy123. Another good Samus one, but that cracking effect to the left of Samus is bothersome. It makes the picture look pretty chaotic, and I’m finding myself looking at that more than Samus herself. I would make it blend in a little more with your background, but not entirely — it’s a cool effect, but it’s too strong.

Flag Post

Thanks for the vote Cuffo!

Mine is:

1st: Ncio I really like the smudging and its awesome.

2nd: Rawismojo the darkness of the render goes really well with the bright splatters.

3rd: Cuffofizz I love the vector feel and the giant robot vector is awesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

YAY! I GOT A VOTE!

Unfortunately, your final entry isn’t the one that got voted for.

Shh! Maybe he won’t notice! hehehe…

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Laxaria _ 9
lightsun _ 9
cuffofizz _ 6
Ncio _ 5
yuyuter _ 5
rawismojo _ 4
InwardNose _ 4
Big_Ole_Dog _ 2
ozzy123 _ 1
techyworm _ 1
hokage4354 _ 1
Oboe_Passion _ 0
moomanmatt _ 0
NoteyMan _ 0
piratemonkey _ 0

Congratulations, Laxaria and lightsun, For winning SOTW#23!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.