Forums The Arts

[contest]Art From Inspiration Please Lock (locked)

104 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to art from inspiration, a contest with infinite possibilities. This is mostly a test run-through, and if it goes well i will be requesting a reoccurring slot :D

The rules are as follows:

No nudity, obscenity etc etc (must be safe for work)
No stealing
You can only enter one artwork, and if you post more than one if the thread you MUST specify which is your entry
It must fit with the topic word

The artwork will be judged by the public, similar to SoTW’s judging method, but different.

The art will be collected in on the 12th of july, so get it in before then preferably.

The word this week is Life (nearly chose Force TheRaginpotato, but thought life was better sorry)

You have 1 week, starting from now, GO!

Flag Post

The list of people: i will edit it in when they have entered.

1. Mureth

2. Ozzy123

3. Pivotman99

4. UnitedRebellion
5. TheRaginpotato
6. Nqkoi1

7. Deriaz

8. Yourmom12
9. Rawismojo

10. ojad0
11. Big_Ole_Dog
12. lightsun

13. Oboe_Passion
14. vulcant13
15. uome

16. PirateMonkey

17. magikman
http://i29.tinypic.com/b63w40.jpg
18. Moomanmatt
19. Yuyuter

20. JohanannasGarden
Can’t do it D:
21. Cuffofizz

Flag Post

this will be hard, I wil start work on it tommorow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by techyworm:

To the artist, yes? Just making sure. I have an idea or two already, but it could be borderline. I just want to be sure before I continue.

Flag Post

My entry (I might change it soon):

Can the entries be signatures? If not, I’ll make another one. I made this one yesterday for a SOTW on another site, and I was amazed to see that it fits well this competition too!

Also, feedback is much appreciated :) Thank you in advance.

Flag Post

Hmm, life. What to do.

Flag Post

The word is life.

Ooooh. This’ll be good.

Flag Post

Not the easiest… What to make..?

Flag Post

My sketch is down, at least skeletal-wise. Little victories make everything sweeter; I was worried this was gonna be something I’d have no idea what to do.

Wouldn’t have thought of something like this, either, without the word choice. So, thank you for this contest and helping jump-start the idea. I like this word. :D

Flag Post

The only thing I can think of is a baby shootin out, but that’s too vulgar.

Flag Post

=S Why are all the new contests having hard themes? theres been a typography one, a music one, and no life??? C’mon… Hrm…All i can think of is a baby too… sadly enough…

Flag Post

Google life. browse results. think of something funny.

(dibs on a mosterous “LIFE” cereal box)

Flag Post

Here are some ive done… are they ok? I mean, im not sure which one is best; and I hope they fit into the theme well enough…

The second one is my entry for now.

Edit: I Have changed my entry:

Flag Post

The entry can be anything, so be imaginative!

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

My entry (I might change it soon):

Can the entries be signatures? If not, I’ll make another one. I made this one yesterday for a SOTW on another site, and I was amazed to see that it fits well this competition too!

Also, feedback is much appreciated :) Thank you in advance.

sorry ls but its life not live. But im geussing you already knew that and now I am a total idiot.

im gonna make a sig with a baby at one end and a skeleton at the other.

Flag Post

Gahhhh!!!! Stop making sigs!

We already have a contest for sigs. This is your guys’ chance to making original artwork without constraining yourself to using stocks/renders and the proportions of sigs.

Flag Post

I’m having a really hard time with this word :/…

Flag Post

Same

Flag Post

I have a really good idea for a change. Nice word choice

Flag Post

Heheh, loop holes… looks around wondering if ny1 else has thought of the opposite part of life… “The end”…

Flag Post

I think I have a really solid idea, and I have the preliminary sketch done.

Now I have to decide if I think I’m good enough to try to paint it, or if I should stick with a vector-esque design. If I’m good enough to pull this off, it should be awesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRaginpotato:

sorry ls but its life not live. But im geussing you already knew that and now I am a total idiot.

I think it still fits. “Live Life”. The inspiration could be rationalized as, “Life is about having fun and partying,” like the figures in the picture. I think it works.

I’ve got a rough sketch done, that I’ll be uploading to deviantART later, I think. At least, to my scraps. I still have to clean the lines and some anatomical crap, and then decide what to do from there . . .

Flag Post

Here;

The idea was to have a girl in the hands of another with a knife to one’s neck. It looks AGES to get limbs position but I LOVE how it came out. The second was another idea I had to add on but didn’t turn out to great.
Higurashi no naku koro ni’s openning song kind of inspired this along with a friend of mine

I’m not bothered if I lose, I got some new style done and a peice I really like out of it :D

Flag Post

Good, which one are you using?

Gonna update everything now

EDIT: oops forgot this >_<

Originally posted by Deriaz:
Originally posted by techyworm:

To the artist, yes? Just making sure. I have an idea or two already, but it could be borderline. I just want to be sure before I continue.

Ja, you may need to explain a bit if your thought-processes are crazy!

Flag Post

I’ll use the second; first’s a bit empty…