Forums The Arts

[contest] Stippler art for a new game

40 posts

Flag Post

Shameless, I know.

A while back, I made a game called The Stippler, with which people made some pretty awesome pieces.

I’m currently working on a new RPG game, which is taking me months to code and can get quite frustrating at times. So as a side-project to take my mind off of the daunting task of making such a big game, I’ve decided to make a simple spot-the-difference game using artwork from The Stippler. The only problem is, I suck at art. =D

So I was wondering if some of you more talented folk might be interested in helping me out by supplying some pieces which I can use in my game, made with the Stippler program. I’m wanting to do a nature theme, just because I feel like artwork depicting nature scenes tends to be more aesthetically pleasing. Not to mention, that’s a pretty broad category to work with.

I’m looking for around 8 – 10 good pictures, which is where the ‘contest’ aspect comes in. Each piece that I use in my game would obviously be credited to its artist, and by posting it in this thread, I’m gonna assume you’re giving me permission to use it.

[If you guys feel like this would be better suited in the Collaborations forum, I’ll gladly move it, but I think it’s better suited here. Also, if you already have a nature-themed piece that you’d like for me to consider, just re-post it in here. =D ]

*crosses fingers*

Flag Post

good luck! =)

Flag Post

Do we need to make both images, the first and then the altered, are do we just need to supply one? I’ll try to work on making a good image for you.

Flag Post

I can do the changes, since I’m sure some people have lost/forgotten their old pieces’ names. Also, different people might make alterations of different difficulties, which could make the game imbalanced. =)

Flag Post

Post it here, right?

I know it isn’t nature, and isn’t as good as some of the others, but if it comes down to the end and you need another stippler art, you can use this if you want.

Flag Post

Post it here, right?

Yes. =D And yeah, I’m not sure how well it’ll turn out either. =s

Flag Post

I posted this in the stippler thread months ago, but it seems to be pretty much exactly what you’re looking for. You can crop out the chat screen, unless you want me to do it.

Flag Post

Looks wonderful. And I don’t mind cropping. =D

Flag Post

Seeing rawismojo’s I’m not sure how I’m going to compete. Finishing mine up right now, I’ll edit my post when it’s done.

Not much, but I figured it was worth a try:

Flag Post

I actually rather like that. Though I’m not sure what LNFEJKR spells. =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frogmanex:

I actually rather like that. Though I’m not sure what LNFEJKR spells. =P

Just random lettering. The only letters that actually meant anything were “F” for Forgmanex and obviously “K” for Kongregate. The rest of it I made up as it went along.

Flag Post

http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/jon506/?action=view&current=Picture1.png

Flag Post

Let me know if you want any changes/improvements to it :)

Flag Post

Looks good to me. =D

Flag Post

A Stipple inspired by a spot the difference game in a spot the difference game? ;)

or this one…

Flag Post

We’ll start with this:

and

Flag Post

Making differences on some of these is gonna be a nice challenge. =D

Lol @ “Spot” the difference, eh?

Flag Post

I’m in. I’m so in. Give me, like. 5 hours. =D

Flag Post

Alright, I’m working on one and will be editing my post as i get closer and closer to done. Great work everyone and hope this all works out.
EDIT: ok i’ll call it halfway done now :o
EDIT2: Done! jk. I’ve gotten a bit lazy though, but i will add more trees and detail. And a sun of course XD

Flag Post

why is everyone making pointilism art?

Flag Post

Because it’s using the art program linked in the top of the post.

Also, it’s more stippling (hence the title) than pointillism.

Flag Post

It took forever to make all those tiny leaves, good thing I have no life :D

Flag Post

A REALLY good thing you have no life. That looks great. =D

Edit: OMFG @ THE FROG. o.o

Flag Post

I did the frog for you :D
Come to think of it, maybe I should add more animals :P

Flag Post

Hahaha, i didn’t notice the frog till after i read the comments XD