Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#25 - Voting (locked)

18 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

lightsun

piratemonkey

Sesame

najzere

yuyuter

Sasms

cuffofizz

ozzy123

rawismojo

Big_Ole_Dog

RockerPrice

Flag Post

I’m disappointed in Hokage’s lack of a bikini-clad anime girl entry. I’ll edit this post with my votes when I decide.

Flag Post

I made an entry- but decided not to enter it.

I also have this from a while ago – but that goes against the rules.

Flag Post

Oh, you entered my entry? How embarresing….I don’t even know why I uploaded it.

1st: rawismojo – Really good photo that represents summer with some nice simple lines and text.
2nd: Ozzy123 – I like the nice flower with glowy type effects on it. Also a good looking background.
3rd: Sesame – Again, a really nice photo with your text placed perfectly with the appropriate lighting.

Flag Post

1st: Big_Ole_Dog: I love the text, and the background fits the Sunflower amazingly, I just love this sig.

2nd: najzere: I love the outline you did, and it just looks so clean. Great job almost got my number 1 it’s just its not as summer as the rest.

3rd: Sesame: Just amazing, the flow is so good it looks like a real picture ( i don’t know if it is =S) amazing none the less!

Flag Post
but that goes against the rules.

Really? Looked PG-13 to me :/
1.najzere- I like the light highlight over the top. The doesn’t really interfere with the flow, I like the sleeckness it has. Maybe because of the black.
2. Sasms- Good color choices. The light effects were done nicely. The font doesn’t interfere to much with the flow.
3. BOD- Green, yellow, and orange. Perfect summer colors. Nice paint effects. I really like the font. Good flower as well.

Flag Post

It’s against the rules because it’s a pre-made sig. The rules state that the sig has to be no older than (i think?) 2 weeks when you enter it.

Flag Post

Oh, I thought he was worried about the bikini, lol.

Flag Post

I’m afraid I won’t be voting because I don’t think any really stand out except for Lightsun’s. Not saying the rest are bad but they aren’t really blaring out at me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

I’m afraid I won’t be voting because I don’t think any really stand out except for Lightsun’s. Not saying the rest are bad but they aren’t really blaring out at me.

Yea thats because it was a hard theme. Lightsuns is really good but I don’t really think it fits the theme.

Flag Post

Lightsun: Isn’t urs just a girl w/ a fractal laid overtop?

Tho u guys are right… Kind of a wierd week entry-wise…

Flag Post

I just think too many people went for things that are hard to work with.

As you can see, most of the people who entered went for that “Outside”, or “Flower” theme.

Considering the fact that we’ve had a nature theme before, and it was very difficult- people
are just making it difficult for themselves by choosing a nature stock.

Flag Post

Yea thats because it was a hard theme. Lightsuns is really good but I don’t really think it fits the theme.

Wait, I think it fits the theme. The background I used, the colours and the style of her clothing is related to the summer in my opinion. Anyway, if that’s why you didn’t vote me, I don’t see how a flower fits the theme :P It’s summer, not spring.

Anywho, that’s why I never vote, people can get mad at you :P

Lightsun: Isn’t urs just a girl w/ a fractal laid overtop?

Nope, four fractal, three soft ones and one hard fractal. Then, the background that was made with a stock I made, and four adjustment layers. Oh, and the gradient maps. It looks simple, but the sizes, flow and focal point I tried to put there where hard to create since the signature is vertical.

Sorry for derailing the thread, I just had to post this.

Flag Post

1. Sesame. Hurray! This looks great. Don’t know why, though :P I think it might look better with some path tools to add more to the flow.
2. lightsun. Great C4D usage, Render placement (I think) and all. But flow is lacking, the background a little boring.
3. rawismojo. Great paths tool idea, but the boat is a little… off-color. Maybe duplicating the layer and putting it on Overlay (play with the Opacity) would make the color better.

Flag Post

I really like the comments on the background, I made it myself =D

Flag Post

1) ozzy123: It’s a cool background and the sunflower looks great with the sparks. I also like the light/dark contrast.

2) rawismojo: Nice elegant vectors to match the paddles and love the text behind the oar. I’m no expert, but the flow seems very good as well.

3) Sesame: It’s a great picture and the saturation is awesome. The text looks like it may actually be a structure out there at the end of the field.

Flag Post

1.Big_Ole_Dog
Like the flower, and the background looks AWESOME!
2. Sasms
Nice sun, and the reflection looks cool. From what i see, not many people may notice the branches. But its great still.
3.Sesame
Why is your username in the middle of a field of flowers 0.o Oh well, i like relaxing things like that. The flow is awesome. It looks so REAL!

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Big_Ole_Dog _ 7
Sesame _ 7
rawismojo _ 6
najzere _ 5
ozzy123 _ 5
Sasms _ 4
lightsun _ 2
piratemonkey _ 0
yuyuter _ 0
cuffofizz _ 0
RockerPrice _ 0

Congratulations, Big_Ole_Dog and Sesame, For winning SOTW#25!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.