Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#26 - Voting (locked)

17 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

DraGonZ13

DeadSoulReaper

cuffofizz

Ncio

najzere

hokage4354

rawismojo

yuyuter

techyworm

Sasms

Big_Ole_Dog

RockerPrice

lightsun

ozzy123

Flag Post

First would be Ncio. That’s just amazing, and I might be a bit biased as I’ve got 50+ hours as Pyro compared to, like, 8 as something else, but that’s. . . Amazing. I love it. I honestly can’t think of anything I don’t like. I almost want to use it for something, which I know I can’t cause it’s not mine. So I guess I have to be content with loving it.

Second would be Ncio— Er. Wait. I already swooned over that. I mean, second would be techyworm. Blue and orange is my favorite color pair, since they contrast so well. I like the various shades of blue, compared to the static orange. Again, I really can’t think of much that I’d change. . . If anything, really.

Third is rawismojo. I don’t know that I like the “UP”, but I love the rest. To me, it’d look better if the arrow just extended up a bit more to get the same effect. But still great.

Flag Post

1st – cuffofizz: Jimi Hendrix is god.
2nd – hokage4354: She’s hawt. But seriously though, I love the background. :)
3rd – Sasms: Love the use of vectors in the background.

Flag Post

I made one too!!!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/0224123/Smiley.png
Check the thread if u wunt…

1st: Sasms- Its amazing =D

2nd: Lightsun: Its a great sig over all, and i love the effects.

3rd: Rawismojo: Nice colors+effects.

They’re all really good.

edit: thanks hokage.

Flag Post

That’s weird, because you ARE listed on the top-

but it’s not showing up.

I fixed it now.

Flag Post

Hokage, did do the vector graphics for your focal, or is that a stock image you found somewhere?

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

Hokage, did you do the vector graphics for your focal, or is that a stock image you found somewhere?

fix’d xD
edit: Not trying to be mean or anything, but does deadsoulreapers entry count as it was entred well after the week had ended?

Flag Post

Hokage, did do the vector graphics for your focal, or is that a stock image you found somewhere?

It’s a stock.

Originally posted by Sasms:

Hokage, did you do the vector graphics for your focal, or is that a stock image you found somewhere?

fix’d xD

edit: Not trying to be mean or anything, but does deadsoulreapers entry count as it was entred well after the week had ended?

I’m going to allow it, since it was in before I ended it.

It’s still allowable.

Flag Post

1st: Sasms- Just, wow.

2nd: Nazjere- I think this sums up vector very well, and the text flows perfectly.

3rd: lightsun- I love how the sig flows and goes with the render.

Flag Post

Thanks Deriaz :3

1, Ncio Because the spatters are amazing, and the pyro is awesome.
2, Sasms because its really vectory and the Beatles are awesome
3, Yuyuter because its simple but effective and i love the sunrise background

Flag Post

1st – NCIO – The evidential flow is really nice from those splatters.
If that thing in the bottom left is the light-source, which I doubt it is, it’s screwed up. You need a real light-source. You also need to make the colors more vibrant to truly create the cmyk color scheme.

2nd – lightsun – Again, the tag has great evidential flow.
It’s really mono-toned, except for the hair and while it wouldn’t be perfect, a fully mono-toned blue hair color would be better. Text isn’t great either.

3rd – cuffofiz – Only gets the vote over raw because your colors here are amazing. Everything else is just so-so or bad.

Flag Post

Woo, thanks techy :)
1st – lightsun – Great vector sig. It has basic effects like flow, color and focal, and you used vector brushes really well. Yay!
2nd – cuffocizz – Wow. This is definitely the one with the most effort. I would give it a 1st except you had no flow, the background was boring, some parts of the guitar are pixelated. And you should have added a hat! >:D
3rd – hokage – Great. Even better if you vectorized the image yourself. But it lacks flow and that Wow factor. :P It just doesn’t feel right. Still good though.

Flag Post

1st- Sasms I love the colours used & the way everything fits together. It is a bit more interesting than some of the others.
2nd- DeadSoulReaper Also love the colours and the effects and lighting on this piece.
3rd- yuyuter Your sig is quite simple and I like it enough to vote it as 3rd.

Flag Post

Don’t expect to win with a 2 minute piece, especially against some of these really great sigs.

1st NCIO love the flow, works well with the render, looks a bit odd at areas, but that just amplifies the draw towards them. Great sig, and a welcome change to your normal style.

2nd cuffofizz Love what you’ve done with render here, and color categorising – editing. Great sig, just fell a bit short of NCIO for me.

3rd rawismojo A nice attempt that fits the idea of vector very well. Interesting use of the render in relation to the vector line.

Flag Post

It’s been a while.
1. Raw- I like the colors, also the nice shading/lighting effects. The white lines around your Donkey Kong create a nice effect as well.
2. Hokage- I like how the BG matches the swimsuit. The vectorization looks like it was done well. What can I say? I’m a sucker for woman ;)
3. Najzere- Everything works for me. The sparkles, the waves, the boat, the BG, even the text goes nicely with everything else.

Flag Post

1st. rawis – I loved the effects . and the Monkey with the necktie.
2nd.Ncio – I liked how the splatters looked like. It aslo fits the render.
3rd. lightsun- Nice Use of Brushes, Flow, and Render.

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Ncio _ 14
Sasms _ 12
rawismojo _ 9
lightsun _ 9
cuffofizz _ 8
hokage4354 _ 5
najzere _ 3
yuyuter _ 2
techyworm _ 2
DeadSoulReaper _ 2
DraGonZ13 _ 0
Big_Ole_Dog _ 0
RockerPrice _ 0
ozzy123 _ 0

Congratulations, Ncio , For winning SOTW#26!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.