Forums The Arts

Everything Grid Effect

66 posts

Flag Post

Post your Gridded art and Grid Effect art here.

Flag Post

Grid Effect Avatars for Paint.net

To make a grid effect avatars, start with a 41 by 41 canvas.

Select the colors black and dark gray and go to fill. Select small grid under the fill menu, and use it.

Start using colors on certain blocks. Place them so that if you place a filled square in the upper right corner, then you place it in ALL the corners of the avatar.

Now use bulges. If you put a bulge in the corner, put it in all the other corners too. Usually place bulges in the center. Experiment with how much and where you bulge.

Once you are satisfied, edit the hue and saturation until you like the image.

Grid Effect CIRCUIT Avatars for Paint.net

This is a bit more complex. Use a large canvas and instead of small grid use Large Grid. Make sure everything is even.

Start using colors on certain blocks. Place them so that if you place a filled square in the upper right corner, then you place it in ALL the corners of the avatar.

Now use bulges. If you put a bulge in the corner, put it in all the other corners too. Usually place bulges in the center. Experiment with how much and where you bulge.

Now, use fragment blur. Adjust it using 4 fragments until you think it looks good. Sadly, you won’t always get a good result with this. You must be lucky.

Now resize to 40×40, and use Hue saturation until you have something good.

Grid Effect Borders for Paint.net

41×41 canvas. Select the colors black and dark gray and go to fill. Select small grid under the fill menu, and use it.

Once you are satisfied, edit the hue and saturation until you like the image.

Now, use fragment blur set to 4. Set it so far that you make a border around the empty space.

How to Improve

Don’t like your avatars? Experiment. On a normal avatar you made, use fragment blur, and you could deform it into a masterpiece! Come on!

Another solution to improving is using tile reflection under distort.

Flag Post

Post your grid effects tutorial, I can’t find it.

Flag Post

I has one on digital painting:
Get a tablet!

Lol..

Flag Post

I finished my tutorials. They are now all done.

That is all the good art I know how to make. Any other ways I will post.

Flag Post

Bulge this please.

Edit: Nevermind, I downloaded paint.net myself. It doesn’t work for bulging.

Edit 2: First Grid Effects:

Flag Post

It’s a bit dark.

Flag Post

I’ll see if I can lighten it up a bit. Its suppose to be dark though, just not that dark.
Slightly lighter: Neon:

Flag Post

Great work. Now use bulge set to 100 in each of the 4 corners. First to top right and bottom left corner, then the other 2 corners.

Edit: You did it wrong. The background is supposed to be dark gray with black grid.

Flag Post

I didn’t do it wrong. I did it my way. :P

Flag Post

I made this from where you placed your fills.

Flag Post

Oh wowza. Thats cool.

Flag Post

New avatar!

I call this one BLOODSHOT

Flag Post

that’s what I want!!!!!!!!!! bloodshot!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForeverLoading:

New avatar!

I want that one forever

Flag Post
Originally posted by killah_123:

New avatar!

I want that one forever

then take it…

Flag Post

Is it the same for Photoshop? (CS2)

Flag Post

I have taken your example one,do you allow that?

Flag Post

Mai grid effect. =D

Flag Post

“Start using colors on certain blocks. Place them so that if you place a filled square in the upper right corner, then you place it in ALL the corners of the avatar.” How do I do that, every time I try it only lets me Color the Lines of the Grid? :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by RegisteredUser:

“Start using colors on certain blocks. Place them so that if you place a filled square in the upper right corner, then you place it in ALL the corners of the avatar.” How do I do that, every time I try it only lets me Color the Lines of the Grid? :(

You have to set it to 0% Tolerance and Solid Color instead of grid when ya do that.

Also, registereduser and uploaderx, would you like that in a different color or colors? 5 people already have that avatar.

Maybe use this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RegisteredUser:

You have to set it to 0% Tolerance and Solid Color instead of grid when ya do that.

Also, registereduser and uploaderx, would you like that in a different color or colors? 5 people already have that avatar.

Maybe use this?

Thanks, Works now. And about the Avatar, I’m making my own, so I’ll change it soon! :)

EDIT: I was wondering if I could help you out, you know like post some up for people to use?

Flag Post

That… Is amazing…

You can help me out a bit.

Flag Post

This any good?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pivotman99:

This any good?

MAEK IT GREEN.