Forums The Arts

[Competition] SOTW #34 - Voting (locked)

21 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt.
Points will be added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Nordor

rawismojo

ashisgames

Sasms

piratemonkey

ReinFrenchments

xXScrapHeadXx

Sesame

Dasmitimsad

Khnum666

denmaster12

yuyuter

Tr1bal

GraphicDesignC

Lightsun

Wolfears2

meaperson333

TheWhiteAngel

Ozzy123

Flag Post

1st – ashisgames – has an awesome background, render fits in nicely
2nd – xXScrapHeadXx – really cool smudging, just looks nice
3rd – Lightsun – looks like alot of work was put into it, also just look nice

Flag Post

1st-ScrapHead— I could never figure out how to get the computer screen type look, i like it here =)
2nd-Yuyuter—Vector circles never look bad =P well, not never, but it looks good in this case =)
3rd-Lightsun—Because Fractal spam looks good when u do it =P

Flag Post

1st – Sasms — Glorious job on yours, it looks simplistic upon a certain way, and I definitely liked how you’ve made a brush/C4d effect on front of the render you chosen.

2nd – Lightsun — You really took your time on that piece, it somehow looks dense a bit, and a few fractals ruins it, but the overall is completely an good job.

3rd – xXScrapHeadXx — The signature itself looks nice, but you basically could have added a couple of things to add among. It’s good, though.

This took me a while to determine of which signature that looks nice to be in each place, they all seem to have a great satisfactory. Although the one that did look neat, made my decision.

Flag Post

1st – ashisgames – has an awesome background, render fits in nicely

SCREAM! I got a vote!

1st – Piratemonkey – Render and Backround are nice. Looks good together. =)
2nd – xXScrapHeadXx – Awesome smudging.
3rd – Sesame – Just a great idea. You can’t go wrong with that! xD

Flag Post

1st – ashisgames – nice backround, nice render, nice layout, NICE SIG!
2nd – rawismojo – black and white FTW!
3rd – yuyuter – awesome backround!!!!!!!

Flag Post

1st: Sasms- It’s just something about it that makes it look awesome, colours and background is not what I would’ve though of for robots, but it fits really well in this case.

2nd: Yuyuter- I love the dark vector look.

3rd: Lightsun- Nice, fresh colours and cool look.

Flag Post

#3. Sasms
This sig is generally pleasing, there could have been a lot more done with the lighting though. Good job.

#2. Sesame
I’m liking how you’ve made it look extremely life like. Not a bad job, great work.

#1. Lightsun
Even though the fact that you have raped it with C4D’s doesn’t make it bad signature as such, it was a good color choice and you’ve shown your skill with blending.

Flag Post

look how Sh$% mine is compared to…. well everything xD ima gunna lol harshley if i even get 1 vote…

Flag Post

What is it that keeps me from ever getting a vote >< dangit… =/

Flag Post
Originally posted by ozzy123:

Here’s just a little tip for people who are wondering why they’re not getting any votes..
Ask youselves, how much time and effort did you put into it?
Are you really happy with your final results?
What could you have done to make it look better?
If you know how to CC, then do it for yourselves. Go through the basics and make sure you can tick all the checkboxes. I know personally that my final entry was about the 5-6th version I’d messed around with. I usually spend a few days going back and redo-ing things until it looks really good and I’m satisfied with how it looks.

Flag Post

Would u like to tell me what my sig doesn’t check?

Flag Post

Would u like to tell me what my sig doesn’t check?

Maybe tomorrow.

Flag Post

that long a list huh?…=(

Flag Post

that long a list huh?…=(

Nah, I just wanted to watch something on TV that goes on until 1am so I had no time.

After school, crit shall be yours.

Flag Post

It’s not that your sig is bad, it’s just that there are so many good ones and you can only choose 3 :P

Flag Post

Lol I kind of entered in as a joke, I thought it would be funny to enter in a robot vacuum cleaner.

1st. Yuyupter, although you have used lots of recognisable brushes the sig still looks nice and neat, although I didn’t think the splatter fits in too well.
2nd. Sasms, it has hardly any blank space, but the blank space in yours looks good anyway. It looks a bit blurry though. Nice colour theme and I like the grungy feel to it.
3rd. Tr1bal, I like the colours and background, but I don’t really like the text. Try to make it stand out less but still readable.

Flag Post

Thanks, I would have looked better if I had time to add a C4D :P

1st would be Sesame. Not your ordinary sig, doesn’t have the normal effects. Great stock and scratched effect. Care to tell me how to do that? :P
Lightsun takes 2nd. Great blending with Samus and the C4Ds. The pink is strange, but it works. I notice you like pink. Anyways, the white in the corner is probably to show the light source, am I right? A little too bright for me. and the random patches of noise work well some places, not others. For example, his head.
3rd place is … Gee, this is hard. Umm, I’ll have to go with ashisgames. Good placemet, strange lighting, but it works. I tried that stock, it definitely did not work for me. Nice brushing (it is brushing, right?) on the left. Can you please tell me where you got those brushes? They look awesome. :D

There were lots of good ones that came very close to 3rd. Keep on going!
This SoTW told me that I really need some more resources, and that I should look at some tuts :P

Flag Post

1st – Sasms
The color is a bit muted for my tastes, but everything is solid in this piece. Good contrast, good composition, good use of color, and I like the grain to it. Stop putting your name in every sig. It makes pretty much every sig you make look worse than if it wasn’t there.

2nd – Sesame
Good stock choice, composition, and colors. I’m not a huge fan of the effects you used, although they’re not awful in any respect.

3rd – meaperson333
While it’s definitely a bit rougher than some other ones, it’s very appealing. A bit monotone, but the colors used are vibrant and look nice, and the lightsabers create a really interesting composition with the render centered.

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Sasms _ 12
Lightsun _ 10
xXScrapHeadXx _ 8
yuyuter _ 8
Sesame _ 8
ashisgames _ 7
piratemonkey _ 3
rawismojo _ 2
Tr1bal _ 1
meaperson333 _ 1
Nordor _ 0
ReinFrenchments _ 0
Dasmitimsad _ 0
Khnum666 _ 0
denmaster12 _ 0
GraphicDesignC _ 0
Wolfears2 _ 0
TheWhiteAngel _ 0
Ozzy123 _ 0

Congratulations, Sasms, For winning SOTW#34!

Flag Post

Final scores have been updated. It didn’t change the winner, but lightsun bumped up to 2nd place. I screwed up the scores pretty impressively the first time. Sorry for the confusion.