Forums The Arts

[Competition] SOTW #35 - Voting (locked)

30 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt.
Points will be added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

ReinFrenchments

piratemonkey

ozzy123

Tr1bal

xXScrapheadXx

lightsun

rawismojo

moomanmatt

Sesame

Sasms

yuyuter

(Lightsun: It really seemed like you felt more comfortable entering the one I posted, and I agree with your logic. However, if you want to switch entries, you can post in the thread within the next day and I’ll gladly swap them.)

Flag Post

Dangit, they’re all good! >:O

1st – ozzy123

It was too eyegrabbing… eye gets pulled out
The background was beautiful, the flower seemed so vivid, and the colors all in all were epic.

2nd – moomanmatt

Wow. It looks so realistic! Awesome job on the little motion rainbow blur things on the fish, etc. :D It looks like a fido commercial banner or something. xD

3rd – Sasms

Of course, I cannot leave you out of my top three. Great lighting and focus on the ‘Princess Render.’ :)

I would’ve picked rawis for fourth, if there was a fourth. :D

Awesome job guys. thumbs up

Flag Post

=D I got a vote!!! =P

1st: Tribal— I like how u showed the rain drops, and made it look like a tv =)

2nd: Lightsun— Its just awesome =P It looks like v for vandetta singing, while being engulfed in fractal goodness =P

3rd: Sasms— It has a real fantasy feeling to it that i just can’t ignore =P

Flag Post

1st:Ozzy
Beatiful and it just looks awesome! And realistic

2nd:yuyuter
Good “shadow” on the cat and as I said in the first place realistic!

3rd:moomanmatt
It’s not that good its just clown fish, not that special

Flag Post
  1. Yuyuter – I love how you’ve given it a snowy feeling, it really adds to the signature.
  1. Ozzy123 – I love the lighting effects you’ve used on the flower, great job. You could have blended the sides in a bit more though.
  1. Sasms – I love the lighting though you could have had it spread less. Overall I good signature.

Flag Post

1. Sasms
The lighting and the background are awesome, and the focal point really grabs you eye.
2. ozzy123
Vivid colors, very pleasing to the eye.
3. moonmanmatt
The color look nice, and it gives a very calm atmosphere.

Flag Post

Just a not to everyone, I didn’t use a princess render, it was a feral evil woman in a dark horror type room :P

Flag Post

Comment, but not vote? lol?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ozzy123:

Comment, but not vote? lol?

Heh, I don’t really like to vote if I’m a particpant in a competition. Sometimes I do, but only if there’s someone who hasn’t been voted for, that I think deserves a vote..

1. Rawismojo – I love this sig, the fractal looks really good in the background and the colours are nice too. Not much I can really crit on :)

2. Ozzy123 – The sig looks very clean, and I like the placement of the flower. It looks good being the only brightly coloured part of the sig. I just don’t like the grainy edges which doesn’t suit well with the rest of the sig.

3. Moonmanmatt – It’s a very timple but nice looking sig. The only reason it’s 3rd and not 2nd, is because I really don’t like the text. It’s not placed very well in the sig (think rule of 3rds) and takes attention away from the focal (fish).

Flag Post

1. Tr1bal – Just looks really great, stands out from the others.
2. rawismojo – Nice C4D’s and use of colour.
3. Sesame – Great looking effects.

Flag Post

Thanks guys, but I don’t think I’ll win. One can still hope, though :D
1st place belongs to Tr1bal. Greay photo, great lighting thing, decent border, decent text. Not too much effects, like some.
ReinFrenchments gets 2nd prize. Great photo, and good scratchy photo effects. Could you pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase tell me how to do that?
I give 3rd to rawismojo. Although it is a good sig, it looked more like a render and just didn’t give me that photo feeling. The C4Ds are good, but again pull it away from the theme. It would be okay if your background was more distinct.
Unless we were allowed to do renders. If so… I didn’t get that memo >.<

Flag Post
Originally posted by yuyuter:

ReinFrenchments gets 2nd prize. Great photo, and good scratchy photo effects. Could you pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase tell me how to do that?

Thanks, Im glad you liked it.
It was really simple really. Basically, what I did was made this layer.

And put it on overlayer mode on my photo. To make the layer, I just used a brush I made,

This is the brush that I made.

Flag Post

Whoa, nice brush!
I never figured out how to make brushes… Better get going :P

Flag Post

Well, I used the random flame generator thing in GIMP and save it as a brush. I love that thing. My result is proof that it can make some pretty neat splatter brushes.

Flag Post

I used a stock. I just masked out the C4D’s. (Check your whispers, yuyu.)

Flag Post

All remarkably good and difficult to choose but…

1st. Tr1bal. Has a real ‘feel’ about it. Almost feel cold and wet looking at it.
2nd. Sasms. Magic and fairydust…loads of atmosphere…and she’s sooo pretty.
3rd. moomanmatt. Beautifully done, though simple. Don’t like the text, maybe a little too big?
Full of admiration guys..clever stuff..

Flag Post

I’m npt doin to bad this week. A lot of thirds.

Flag Post

*Cough* Check your whispers. *Cough*

Flag Post

Sooo… Who won??

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

Sooo… Who won??

Heh, not me. :P

Flag Post

1st -Sasms : Too breathtaking, very astonishing..

2nd – ozzy123 :The picture was ALMOST perfect. Should’ve voted for 1st place if you didn’t put the “black aerosol” in it.

3rd- Tr1bal : Signature-material! :)

*lol does this still count as a vote? :))

Flag Post

I don’t think people understand that these pictures weren’t taken by the artists thmselves.

Flag Post
Originally posted by moomanmatt:

I don’t think people understand that these pictures weren’t taken by the artists thmselves.

Heh, more skill making ‘sigs’, then taking a photo of a pretty scene imo.

Flag Post

Spend some time doing real photography then say that again.

Flag Post

I remember one day, i was going downstairs at school, and i got screamed at by a girl holding a camera to stop, so glad i did, the girl had been sitting there for like 15 minutes waiting for the camera to develop or something o_O