Forums The Arts

[Competition] SOTW #36 - Voting (locked)

36 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt.
Points will be added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

ozzy123

DraGonZ13

dasmitimsad

ReinFrenchments

lightsun

NoteyMan

nordor

shadowpig60

Ncio

yuyuter

xXScrapheadXx

xX_Xephirox_Xx

uome

Sasms

Flag Post

1st choice: Lightsun
Why: I really like the flow of it all, but personally i don’t like the flashing lines.

2nd choice: Uome
Why: like the K, and all the words are about kongregate

3rd choice: xXScrapheadXx
why: like how the x’s come out of the page

CC on some of the artwork:

shawdowpig

I really don’t like your pecie.

Bad things:

1. Whats the point of the X’s
2. I know you can do better that
3. the background is plain

good things:

I like how the x’s are changing colur although it gets a bit boring after a while

Noteyman

Yours is so confusing:

bad things:

1. can’t read words
2.whats the avatar doing in the middle

good things:

Words: kongregate

ozzy123

Its a good sig,

Personally the only reason that I didn’t choose you is because I don’t really like your style.

Altough I do like it that you have a unique type of stlye instead of a the boring old same ones

Flag Post

Oh, I was still going to enter >.<
Ah well, I’ll just post mine here afterwards to see what people think of it anyway.

Flag Post

If you can post it here in the next hour I’ll add it.

Flag Post

Argh, you don’t have to count this since it’s in so late but..

I know it looks horrible ’cause I tried rushing to finish it. As soon I went to work on it, my mum decides to make me take in the washing, take out some other washing, set the table, serve dinner, eat dinner and wash up. ><
The 3d effect is what took the longest, after perspective transforming each letter then duplicating the layer, moving it to the side and repeating. Esspecially on this laggy as hell computer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sasms:

Argh, you don’t have to count this since it’s in so late but..

I know it looks horrible ’cause I tried rushing to finish it. As soon I went to work on it, my mum decides to make me take in the washing, take out some other washing, set the table, serve dinner, eat dinner and wash up. ><

The 3d effect is what took the longest, after perspective transforming each letter then duplicating the layer, moving it to the side and repeating. Esspecially on this laggy as hell computer.

I don’t see anything wrong with adding it now, you’ve only lost yourself a place as some of the people who have already voted may have voted for you.

Also, very nice signature btw, but what is up with the anti-aliasing.

On a side note: I would like to congratulate ozzy123 on winning sotw35, I thought I had it in the bag but a few late votes got him a point above me.

Congratulations!

Flag Post

1st: Sasms – Awesome sig, I love the look of the text. And if Sasms’ entry doesn’t count:
1st/2nd: lightsun – I love the animation, the colours and the text, really smooth.
2nd/3rd: uome – Fits the theme really well, looks great.
3rd/-: yuyuter – Again, fits the theme, and awesome text effects. Could’ve been 1st if it had been cleaned up a bit, some of the text is a bit distorted and blurred.

Flag Post

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I finally won a sotw =P

Tnx tribal =)

Voting time now =P

1st- Sasms: Nice quote, did u make it? Also, i love the sig, just looks cool in general, like a scene from antartica or something =)
2nd- Uome: Its the kongregate k, turned into most of the things that make this site great, whats more patriotic than that? =P
3rd- Yuyuter: Must’ve taken a while to get all the text to go together like that, nice job =) Never would’ve thought of the earth idea =)

Flag Post

Yay thanks guys
1st – Sasms: I think you’ve got this one in the bag. Great text and background and C4D thing. Colors are great too.
2nd – uome: It definetely isn’t your average sig – it brobably has the most effort out of all of these and looks pretty dang good.
3rd – Ncio: Great sig, kinda bland because it says typography all the way. The focal is good, border not so much.

Flag Post

No, Sasms didn’t come up with the quote. It was a little gem from the room Feed The Ducks. That is why he will win this SoTW

1st – Sasms: Rushing it still didn’t ruin your chances of winning, the colours and effects were brilliant.

2nd – DraGonZ13: Not that great actual imagery but a nice idea and beautiful background.

3rd – yuyuter: The words are not very well done, and take away from the actual signature, but still a very calm, relaxing sig, that I would actually use.

Sasms has got 1st in all the votes since he submitted XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by sellyme:

No, Sasms didn’t come up with the quote. It was a little gem from the room Feed The Ducks. That is why he will win this SoTW

1st – Sasms: Rushing it still didn’t ruin your chances of winning, the colours and effects were brilliant.

2nd – DraGonZ13: Not that great actual imagery but a nice idea and beautiful background.

3rd – yuyuter: The words are not very well done, and take away from the actual signature, but still a very calm, relaxing sig, that I would actually use.

Sasms has got 1st in all the votes since he submitted XD

Thanks for telling us that Sasms is good =P (as if we needed reminding =P) U rly have gotten good fast though Sasms, what be thou secrets? =P

Flag Post

This is not my vote, but rather here are some general criticism for people.

IMO, Ncio has submitted the most interesting entry for the typography sig, but albeit quite bland one. A good amount of attention is paid to the expectations of a general sig, but its simplicity in design met with the general populace of the Arts Forums place him quite low in popularity. This would be my 1st place vote, but as I have said, I am not voting, for I have no 2nd/3rd piece that I think is good.

I like Sasms a lot too, and uome. I’ll talk about it a lil later when I’m free :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ozzy123:

Thanks for telling us that Sasms is good =P (as if we needed reminding =P) U rly have gotten good fast though Sasms, what be thou secrets? =P

Jeez, how much do you use the =P emoticon?

Flag Post

A TON!!! =P Its a habit that for me is impossible to break…. If i don’t use the emote, then i’d have to make my emotions more obvious through my writing, and thats no fun… Why, does the emote bug u???

Flag Post

Uh no Selly, I came up with the ‘language is power’, but JudeMaverick did help me come up with ’Don’t Belittle Words’. Stop trying to make FtD sound like some awesome chatroom. :P (even though it is).
Thanks alot guys for the votes/comments. The truth is Ozzy, I was always ‘good’, I juts never really used to put any time or effort into my peices. After looking up some useful tutorials, and founds some good inspiration, it was then up to the amount of time and effort you put in. ;)

edit: It’s funny, I didn’t actually want to use that C4D, but it’s the only one I had on this computer.. and I don’t really like the colours. :P

Flag Post

The truth is Ozzy, I was always ‘good’

Cocky much?

Flag Post

Cocky much?

It’s true. :P

Flag Post

Cocky much?

The inverted comma’s were to show that I wasn’t trying to be cocky, and besides, you quoted that out of context.

Flag Post

QQ no one eva votes for me D:

Flag Post

okay then =P

Flag Post

1st – Yuyter
Why: I like the way you made the words flow together

2nd – Samsms
Why: Just an amazing signature. Might have made Typography a little easier to read though.

3rd – Lightsun
Why: Could have gone without the flashing stripes but I like the layout overall

Flag Post

Cocky much?

The inverted comma’s were to show that I wasn’t trying to be cocky, and besides, you quoted that out of context.

I know, I was being (slightly) sarcastic.

Flag Post

Don’t worry, smileys usually do the trick :P

Flag Post

Yeah, I forgot to put in my trademark “XD” XD

Flag Post

lol really?