Forums The Arts

[Competition] SOTW #37 - Voting (locked)

55 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt.
Points will be added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Tr1bal

2640ICSx

Devlini

dasmitimsad

yuyuter

xXScrapHeadXx

Khnum666

piratemonkey

Sesame

GraphicDesignC

Sasms

rawismojo

ozzy123

lightsun

oume

Oboe_Passion

Flag Post

o.0 I am a bit late.

This ended early.

Anyway, this is my actual entry.

Flag Post

Updated.

I know you guys aren’t used to it, but it actually ended when the entry thread said it would. I hope to get in that habit from now on.

Flag Post

1. Khnum666 all the way baby! “Love 2d :)”
2. xXScrapHeadXx “Good drwawing”
3 GraphicDesignC. “digging the screen effect”.

Flag Post

Wow, there are so many good entries. Voting will be really hard.

Flag Post

Well, I’m having a tough time deciding on 1st… In fact, can I give out 2.5 points, 2.5 points and 1 point? If so, my 1st and 2nd are tied, if not, here are my votes:

1st: Sasms. Once again some brilliant artwork. Damn I wish I had any kind of artistic ability. The thing that makes your sigs great is the lighting. Okay, the sig actually doesn’t look that great, but I checked the actual link, and I’m voting on that, as it didn’t turn out quite as well in the forums.

2nd: piratemonkey: Very good lighting and colouring. If I could, I would tie you with Sasms.

3rd: ozzy123: Just because it has Samus in it alongside the word “burn”. I think someone’s been reading Planet Zebeth (Hey, why can’t you vote for one based on humour?)

Flag Post

Lol, nvr read planet zebith. Tbh, nvr played metroid either… I love her for ssb, and yes, I mean for nintendo64 :P

1st- Lightsun: reason: just look at that sig O_O
2nd-Sasms’ since the sig helped me figure out wth masks were :P
3rd- Yuyuter: Because it rly looks good, while keeping the theme well. Nice job on the fire.

Flag Post

Lightsun – Nice size and easy to look at
Khnum666 – Amasing render and nice background
GraphicDesignC – Nice text and line effect

Flag Post

1st rawismojo – Background and effect goes really well with the render, and the whole sig has a nice feel to it.
2nd piratemonkey Awesome light effects and colours.
3rd ozzy123 I love the border, also good use of colours. Not a fan of the text though.

Flag Post

1st. Tr1bal
Why: It has good texture and the brightness it prefect!
2nd. xXScrapHeadXx
Why: It like hes real and right in front of you and the little fire balls all over the screen is A good idea also.
3rd. oume
Why: I just can’t stand how you made the whole render all this sudden look like fire the fox…with the gun on fire even makes him look like hes the devil or something. (was it called spy fox?)

Flag Post

1st = Sasms
I like the background and how the fire is bright but doesnt ruin the focal point of the picture.
2nd = ozzy123
Colours are amazing and the render blends well with the background
3rd = piratemonkey
Colours go really well together and a nice job of the fire effect.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EvenHumm:

Yays! My first vote was for first. XD

1st. xXScrapHeadXx : Looks really nice and stood out most looking own the list.
2nd. lightsun : Charmander FTW! Nice effects all over. The eye is a bit weird.
3rd. yuyuter : Looks great but the text ruins it for me.

Flag Post

Thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Originally posted by EvenHumm:

BTW, does that really count as proper reasons?

Flag Post

It’s a slippery slope if you want to start narrowing down “good reason” versus “bad reasons.” By Lax’s definitions in early SOTW threads, anything short of a small paragraph was a bad reason. Since what is good and what is bad is so highly subjective, it’d be impossible to enforce any standard across the board and remain anything resembling fair. So as long as he gives a reason, any reason at all, the votes count.

Flag Post

Okay, just wanted to know, as I don’t reckon liking 2d is a good enough reason. Nor any of his reasons, but as long as they count, there is no point arguing.

1. Khnum666 Great compo, awesome effects, a little plain but the colours make up for it.
2. ozzy123 Love the colour, not keen on boreder or text but everything else it great.
3. rawismojo Nice, might have looked better more sig-shaped but awesome compo and effects. Looks great overall.

I’d also like to mention that I also really liked Tr1bal’s and Sasms’ sigs but I didn’t think they should be in the top 3, but it was close.

Flag Post

Bumpity bump.

Thread got a tad lost.

Flag Post

same here

Flag Post

1st. Scraphead. The colours in the render blend in really well with the background. Good positioning and lighting.
2nd. Yuyuter. Everything looks well put together, nice render and lighting.
3rd. Sasms. Nice focal, although the lighting and contrast isn’t as good as you could make it. Nice effects. :)

Flag Post

Hehehe…. found this on page 3….I think so EPIC BUMPED it.

Flag Post

1st Yuyuter:

Great work man, I really hope to see more from you. You chose a great render and used effects perfectly, it isn’t too bright nor is it too dark so it is a pretty balanced image to look at, great lighting but I would have liked to see the text placed slightly different, and the bottom right corner bothers me a bit but it works pretty well with it all. Great work.

2nd Sasms:

The render wasn’t great so it ruined it a bit for me, not your greatest work I have seen but hey, a sig you make in 30 minutes takes me an hour, maybe even 2, Nice focal, obvious flow and good placement of text but the render really marked it down for me and that’s why your sadly in number 2, nice use of effects but I actually would have liked to see possibly a border on it, just on the top and bottom, I think that really would have given it a little more depth because the horns being cut out at the top of the screen kind of bothers me.

3rd xXScrapHeadXx:

Nice use of effects, great depth and fairly decent flow, what put you in third for me was the background, it was just too simple for me, yes in some cases it’s good to have a simple background but that “chaos” in your image needs a chaotic background I believe, then again though having a chaotic render and a simple background creates balance, I like the image overall but the background just didn’t have that look that really applies to the render.

Flag Post

Nice use of effects and C4D’s

He didn’t use any C4Ds. According to this post:

Originally posted by Sasms:

Protip: Don’t always use C4D’s. There wasn’t a single C4D/Fractal/Abstart used in that sig.. only stocks and the magic of photoshop. ;) (Excluding the demon render)

=D My masterful detective work…

Flag Post

OH my bad, it just looked like he did.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GraphicDesignC:

OH my bad, it just looked like he did.

It’s hard to believe but I don’t think he did.

Flag Post

He must have used a fractal brush or something, even if it wasn’t technically a fractal or C4D.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

He must have used a fractal brush or something, even if it wasn’t technically a fractal or C4D.

Exactly what is a fractal brush and how do you get it to look all swirly like he did? Tuts please? because idk how to do that.