Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#39 - Voting (locked)

24 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Sasms and Lightsun

shadowpig60 and ozzy123

yuyuter and Piratemonkey

xXScrapheadXx and dasmitimsad

rawismojo and Sesame

moomanmatt and Luuckd

GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2

Flag Post

1st. GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2: I just like the fact that it is very bright compared to the others (although that may be the crappy monitor I have to use right now). To be brutallys honest, this came first because most of the entries just weren’t good. But once again, that may be the monitor.

2nd. Sasms and Lightsun: Basically the same reason as 1st place. I like the colour in the centre just fading out, providing that tunnel-like 3D feel.

3rd. rawismojo and Sesame: I don’t know why I liked this one so much, but I found it to be better than the remaining entries, and the only one I could put in 3rd. I hope that’s good enough of a reason.

And it’s good to know that I can still vote on these before anyone else despite not having a computer :P

Flag Post

1st – Sasms and Lightsun – Amazing colours. Great effects
2nd – yuyuter and Piratemonkey – Nice flow and effects. Need to control the colours. Bad text
2rd – rawismojo and Sesame – Nice effects. Nice flow. Needs more.

Flag Post

1st – Sasms and Lightsun – No doubt the best entry, look amazing. Nice effects and colours.
2nd – moomanmatt and Luuckd – It’s OK, to be honest I only liked Sams and Lightsun’s one, but this was better than the others left over. :P Some nice effects in there, but a bit weird with the blue/cyan colour.
3rd – GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2 – It’s decent, nice fractals, but it looks oversharpened and too bright. Text is nothing special either.

Flag Post

1st – Sasms and Lightsun – Really awesome how you managed to get depth with a sprite and I love the vectors
2nd – Rawismojo and Sesame -Slightly bland colours but it made the render blend in and I love the scratchy kind of effect over the whole sig though, it needs more happening in it
3rd – Piratemonkey and Yuyuter – Th text put you in third rather han second, mismatched and I dislike the font aswell. Great vector line, which gave t so much fow. I think red is too conflicting with blue though. Good job all.

Flag Post

1. moomanmatt and Luuckd

Stands out more from the rest

2. Sasms and lightsun

Text ruins it but good job

3. shadowpig60 and ozzy123

Interesting effects

Flag Post

1st = rawismojo and Sesame
Really nice flow and effects suit the render.
2nd = Sasms and Lightsun
Great colours and excellent use of vector.
3rd = xXScrapheadXx and dasmitimsad
Good flow but a little too dark and text doesnt look right.

Flag Post

1st. GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2
Stands out A lot and as readable text. Also, light effects is outstanding!
2nd. Sasms and Lightsun
You two did A awesome job. What you did to it was really good, I like how you made it standout and the colors go great with the render.
3rd. yuyuter and Piratemonkey
I like the focus and the mystic stuff at the top right and corner. Last, I like how you have that red slash in the middle and how you made his arm look like he swung at something.

If I didn’t vote for you that doesn’t mean yours isn’t good, in fact all of these are very nice, but I just voted for the ones that stand out the most, nice color and how much work I think you two partners put into it.

Flag Post

1st: MMM and Luuckd— Even though i’m pretty sure u probably did everything for ur brother, it is the better sig out of the group imo… I’m a sucker for cyan+orange color mixes =P

2nd: Sasms and Lightsun— Because its got really interesting effects, and its rly good for a sprite sig.

3rd: Rawismojo and Sesame— Its not too great, but i liked it more than the others…

Flag Post

1st. Yuyuter and Piratemonkey
Nice flow and good render placement.

2nd. xXScrapheadXx and dasmitimsad
The text is nicely done and compliments the flow.

3rd. Rawismojo and Sesame
Decent lighting effects, if fairly minimalist. Not your best sig.

Flag Post

1st. rawismojo and Sesame
The character looks realistic as so the gun also, and that was nice that you guys made a Avatar one.

2nd. yuyuter and Piratemonkey
Realistic and it looks pretty smooth.

3rd. xXScrapheadXx and dasmitimsad
Just good.

Flag Post

1. rawismojo and Sesame
Because it looks great.
2. Sasms and Lightsun.
Nice effects, would´ve gotten 1th place if it wasn´t a pokemon
3. GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2
I like how the effects blend together nicely.

Flag Post

1st: GDG and Wolf - I like this sig a lot. Great compo, lovely fractal placement. Colours look great. Don’t like the text placement or the guy in the BG but it’s still really good.

2nd: Scraphead and Dasmitimsad - I love the flow of this sig, it really makes it come alive. Colour are good, text is pretty good too, though a bit big.

Sasms and Lightsun - Great effects, colours look great, compo is brilliant, I especially love the bit behind the sprite. Would have been first but I’m bored of Sasms winning Could do with a bit more work on the contrast and text, but I know you didn’t have long.

Flag Post
Originally posted by piratemonkey:

1st: GDG and Wolf - I like this sig a lot. Great compo, lovely fractal placement. Colours look great. Don’t like the text placement or the guy in the BG but it’s still really good.

2nd: Scraphead and Dasmitimsad - I love the flow of this sig, it really makes it come alive. Colour are good, text is pretty good too, though a bit big.

Sasms and Lightsun - Great effects, colours look great, compo is brilliant, I especially love the bit behind the sprite. Would have been first but I’m bored of Sasms winning Could do with a bit more work on the contrast and text, but I know you didn’t have long.

Well the sig was hard enough for me to work with, he started it with the soccer renders and yeah it was just difficult to work with (no offense to wolfears of course because it was still cool looking when I got it, just considering the size and there wasn’t any obvious flow for me to go with) anyways thanks for the votes everyone.

1. Sasms and Lightsun-Great flow and lighting, great depth and I really like that film roll in the background, I might use that idea in a later sig I do, great brushwork and I really like the border and how there is that 1 dot overlapping the border which really gives it depth.

2. Yuyuter and Piratemonkey-Nice flow and lighting and nice color choice (the blue on red really makes the render stand out nicely) Nice brushwork in the background, I like how it doesn’t take away from the render it just adds to it. The only thing that didn’t do it for me was the border, it really took away from the depth the image could have had, and also how on the left arm (my left) had the line coming from it but it was sort of just cut off and didn’t actually look like it was going behind the render, anyways that’s what put it in second for me.

3. Rawismojo and Sesame-not a bad sig but it is just kind of “bla.” The brushwork on top of the render looks cool because it has that wave to it, that kinda makes it look painted/old/eroded nice lighting and obvious focal point, I think a border on this would have been nice, good render choice but it was just a little too bland to deserve above 3rd for me.

Nice entries everyone =D

Flag Post

Needs a lil’ bump ;)

Flag Post

needs a lil’ bump

Flag Post

… Why don’t you bump by voting instead?

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXScrapheadXx:

… Why don’t you bump by voting instead?

The genius!! All hail genius. All hail genius. Just kidding but he is right. =P

Flag Post

i dont like voting.

Flag Post

Looks like we have a winner then. Shouldn’t it be SOTW40 voting today?

Flag Post

yeh

Flag Post

Last minute vote!
1. moomanmatt and Luuckd. Great sig, vertical is always good. I lol’d at his expression. Anyways, the blue spots are kinda weird.
2. rawismojo and sesame. Great focal, scratchy stuff (what is that again?) flows great, lighting is just right, plus I loved the movie :D
3. GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2. Fractals look great, render is awesome (where’d you get?) and focal is clear enough. Text is bad, though.

Flag Post

1st: Sasms and Lightsun – fantastic effects, good color balance across the image, and it’s fairly original.

2nd: moomanbatt and Luuckd – The colors are pretty good, but the effects in the background are a bit distracting.

3rd: xXScrapheadXx and dasmitimsad – Nice flow and particle effects. The text is fairly well placed and looks attractive. It looks like you screwed your white balance towards grey with overlay effects, and that makes it look kind of low-quality. More or less tied with GDC and Wolfears, but the text is much much better in this one.

EDIT: Yuyuter, it’s a brushed metal texture set to overlay (I think).

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Sasms and Lightsun _ 28
rawismojo and Sesame _ 18
moomanmatt and Luuckd _ 13
GraphicDesignC and Wolfears2 _ 12
yuyuter and Piratemonkey _ 11
xXScrapheadXx and dasmitimsad _ 7
shadowpig60 and ozzy123 _ 1

Congratulations, Sasms and Lightsun, For winning SOTW#39!

In case any of you are wondering, each member of the 2-person team will receive their team’s points.

So, if the team got 10 pts, then each individual gets 10 pts. :D