Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#40 - Voting (locked)

30 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

ozzy123

rawismojo

2640ICSx

UnitedRebellion

xXScrapheadXx

moomanmatt

GraphicDesignC

Zygaun

nordor

LovedOne

Ncio

Hokage4354

yuyuter

piratemonkey

Flag Post

Oh, and in “[competition] SOTW#40 – Entries/Discussion” I told it would be 5 minutes, ozzy. =P
EDIT: Oh crap. This is going to be hard. =0
EDIT2:

xXScrapheadXx
Very good effects, love the energy balls and it stands out A lot.

rawismojo
I just love the “Tiger Knee” control, you put in the bottom left. I like the colors you put into it.

Nico
I love what you did to it! The fist, the water, that has prefect focus. The background looks just, awesome!

ozzy123: I was going to vote for you but the face and the arm just, well I don’t like it. =\
yuyter: Yours is good but, some stuff is just blocking most of the sig. =\
LovedOne: I’m sorry but it just doesn’t look like you put that much work into it. =\

Flag Post

1st— xXScrapheadXx: Its not that great ;P I just happen to like everything about it because its not awesome and is not gunna destroy mine =P wink wink

2nd— Hokage4354: How can i not vote for something that reminds me of the Matrix? Nice effects man ^^

3rd— Ncio or MMM… who do i choose… Gotta go w/ Ncio for render quality, rly close here..

Everyone did a great job =D Yay for number 40 =O lol

Edit: Sowwy MMM

Flag Post
Originally posted by ozzy123:

1st— xXScrapheadXx: Its not that great ;P I just happen to like everything about it because its not awesome and is not gunna destroy mine =P wink wink

2nd— Hokage4354: How can i not vote for something that reminds me of the Matrix? Nice effects man ^^

3rd— Ncio or MMM… who do i choose… Gotta go w/ Ncio for render quality, rly close here..

Everyone did a great job =D Yay for number 40 =O lol

NOOOOOO!
right choice tho

Flag Post

1st. xXScrapheadXx
A vibrant and excellent sig all round. Nice effect placement, good use of vector brushes in the background. It pushes the limits of busyness though, very close to having too much going on.
2nd. Hokage4354
I like the flow and the render placement, composition ever so slightly off but everything else is nicely done. I appreciate the scriptures in the background, nice choice.
And you didn’t go for the obvious choice in Akuma or Ryu…
3rd. Yuyuter
Genuinely one of the better vector sigs I’ve seen. Nice depth and brush placement.

Flag Post

You forgot mine.

It is here

Flag Post

It really annoys me when entrants don’t post any votes, because they want more chance of winning. It’s really selfish and unsportsmanlike. (Is that a word?)
If there’s another reason for not voting, please post.
1 – Rawismojo – Great effects. Awesome creativity.
2 – xXScrapheadXx – Sweet effects. Way too monotone.
3 – Moomanmatt – Nice placement and effects. Bad quality.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ncio:

It really annoys me when entrants don’t post any votes, because they want more chance of winning. It’s really selfish and unsportsmanlike. (Is that a word?)

Agreed.

1st – Ncio. Very smooth, excellent colours and nice clipping splatter.
2nd – piratemonkey. Also very smooth and with nice colours, looks nice and simple. Not a fan of the text though.
3rd – Was between moomanmatt and hokage, and I went with moomanmatt. Looks overall better executed, although the render looks a bit too blurred. Nice effects around the energy ball.

Flag Post

no i just dont like voting…

Flag Post
Originally posted by piratemonkey:

You forgot mine.

It is here

For some reason, your sig isn’t showing for me, which is probably why I missed it.

Link me to it.

Flag Post

Here.

Flag Post

I abused my power and added PM for you, Hokage.

Flag Post

It isn’t abuse if you ask for it. <3

Also…

piratemonkey’s entry was added.

Please adjust your votes accordingly.

Flag Post

I was half way through writing my vote yesterday until i heard my dad coming up the stairs … I was meant to be in bed :P

Anyway, here they are:
1st – Rawismojo – A different style which I really liked. The texture reminded me of parchment. Also colour was well introduced.

2nd – Ncio – Really nice smooth effects and high quality render. Nice colours.

3rd – Piratemonkey – It was between you and zygaun and I liked yours more. Not because it wa better in general but I like the look of it more. Good smooth colours and light.

Flag Post

Thanks for adding mine in.

1st – xXScrapheadXx. Nice effects on this one. Great depth, really makes the focal look real. Lighting isn’t amazing but it certainly isn’t bad either, focal could maybe use a slight bit off work, maybe simply be moving the effect going round him down a tad.

2nd – Ncio. Great smudging, colour is also great. He looks a bit flat but the rest of the sig has good depth.

3rd – yuyter. Close one between you and Raw. I decided this one as it has some amazing vector work, great composition, if only you had a slight more focal on the render, I would have boosted this up to second.

People worth mentioning: rawismojo, great sig, not liking the green box though and your render seems a bit flat and pixelly. Hokage, great flow and colours, render is placed a bit to far right but I love the effects. moomanmatt, nice sig, LQ render and the slightly messy smudging kept this off the top 3, sorry.

Flag Post

People worth mentioning: rawismojo, great sig, not liking the green box though and your render seems a bit flat and pixelly. Hokage, great flow and colours, render is placed a bit to far right but I love the effects. moomanmatt, nice sig, LQ render and the slightly messy smudging kept this off the top 3, sorry.

:’(

Flag Post

You all made really good ones. 2640ICSx It’s allittle too plain but, I like the shadow. I know how to Vote But I’m NOT going to.

Flag Post

It really annoys me when entrants don’t post any votes, because they want more chance of winning. It’s really selfish and unsportsmanlike.

I agree.

Flag Post
Originally posted by maxie012:

You all made really good ones. 2640ICSx It’s allittle too plain but, I like the shadow. I know how to Vote But I’m NOT going to.

Thank you! =D

Flag Post

Sorry, but it’s just that I believe my choice of art is completely terrible/biased/lenient.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnitedRebellion:

Sorry, but it’s just that I believe my choice of art is completely terrible/biased/lenient.

I’m sorry if you think that, I think your art is good though! I like everybody’s art in this thread. =) I’m sorry no one is voting for you, no one voted for me…yet. You just have to have A good spirit! =D

Flag Post

Pfft, I’ve entered pretty much every single SotW there is, and out of the 39 so far, i’ve won once! lol, its not a big deal u guys =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnitedRebellion:

Oh! I’m not talking about my art. I’m talking about my choice of art, and what I think is good/bad. I don’t really care if no-one votes for me. xD

Flag Post

Lol, i got yelled at for the same thing about 20-30 sotw’s back, some ppl just have different opinions. -

Flag Post

Out of the 2 or 3 SoTWs I’ve entered I got one vote. (third place vote but it’s a vote!)
:D