[competition] SOTW#41 - Voting (locked)

16 posts

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Please note that you will receive 3 points if you vote.

ozzy123

rawismojo

Khnum666

nordor

xXScrapheadXx

Hokage4354

moomanmatt

Ncio

piratemonkey

Sasms

Flag Post

This is going to be REALLY hard now all of you are getting really good. =) Also, you put the wrong sig for ozzy this is his sig.

Flag Post

1. moonmanmatt – The zoomed in render added a lot, and overall it just looked very nice.
2. Piratemonkey – very clam and relaxing, liking the blue line thingies
3. Sasms – it looks nice, but seems unfinished, could use a little work

Flag Post

I would like to bring this to everyone’s attention:

Please note that you will receive 3 points if you vote.

Although I would prefer points to be obtained from actually creating a sig,
this should give a little more incentive to actually going out and voting.

Flag Post

I’m going to vote on a bunch of alts, just make sure you credit them to this account. ;)
Anyway,

1st – moonmanmatt – Thought this one was the best because it focused around her face, which was the strongest part of the original picture. Thought the effects really supported it better than in any of the other sigs.

2nd – piratemonkey – Very simple, and once again just went around her head. Really liked the blue you use, color wise I think this was the best. :)

3rd – Ncio – While some of the effects bugged me, I thought overall it was really good. Like piratemonkeys, I also really liked the color.

Flag Post

AHEM

Thank you. I put it in the thread….

Flag Post
Originally posted by 2640ICSx:

This is going to be REALLY hard now all of you are getting really good. =) Also, you put the wrong sig for ozzy this is his sig.

Tnx bud _

Votin’ time:
1st—Sasms: Looks the best, not really too much better then the others though, just was =)
2nd—Ncio: Rly good here too _ i love ur smudging, idk how u get it like that o_O ur just good at it =P
3rd—Hokage: It good, me vote for eet =) lol.

Almost tempted to put Sasms down at 3rd because he wins too often =P

Flag Post

Yay, votes for me, thanks you guys.
Lol, I’m, sad.

1st Sasms – As much as I hate voting for you (too many wins for my liking, lol) I always end up doing it anyway. That sig is really great, colours look good, lovely effects,great focal point. Lighting is a bit bright on the render and the purple splats are a bit thick.heavy but a brilliant sig.

2nd Rawismojo – Black and white looks great. Contrast is good, nice simple effects, okay text placement. Personally I don’t like the circle where everything is inverted so thats why you are second and not first.

3rd moomanmatt – Nice effects. Thats basically it. Didn’t get much wrong and that what makes it good. I just don’t think it had the same wow factor that the other two did. Sorry.

I also really liked the smudging on Ncio’s and think that norder had a nice concept, but unfortunately, the render looks really bad on it (I know, weird monitor problems) so I couldn’t put these to in top 3.

Flag Post

1st – rawismojo – Very clearly the best sig there. Well composed. Great text and effects.
2nd – Sasms – Nicely presented. Looks juicey. Great colours.
3rd – moomanmatt – Nice effects. Major Floating Head Syndrome.

Flag Post

1st – Sasms: Really like the deep colours and lighting and the little coloured circles made it first, a nice effect.
2nd – Ncio: Its great. Obvious you’ve altered the render and even though its slightly abstract I think the focus is clear.
3rd – Piratemonkey: It had really good depth with the paths going around the back and front and the colour was nicely used but felt you could have used the render better with the background.

Flag Post

To be honest I don’t like any of these, not a good render/stock to make a sig of. :P

1st – Sasms Nice lighting, decent effects and colours.
2nd – rawismojo Looks more interesting than the rest.
3rd – Ncio Great colours, smooth looking.

Flag Post

How many OF these are there!?!?!?!

Flag Post
Originally posted by PrivetDonut:

How many OF these are there!?!?!?!

One every week. Hence the Signature Of The Week. :P

Flag Post

1st: Piratemonkey – Before people yell at me for bad voting, I like his the most because I can’t find anything really wrong with it. The other better ones have some very identifiable flaw with it, at least to me. While his is very simple, there really isn’t anything wrong with it. By going with more complex pieces, you also run the risk of having more weak spots. Good composition, color (mostly due to the render color), and effects don’t steal focal from the render.

2nd: Ncio – Not the best framing, but your smudging is solid, as always. Clipping mask bits are alright. I like the greens you mixed in there.

3rd: Sasms – Could easily be first, but there are just too many little things that detract from it for me. The lighting is too intense and washes out the image. Your color correction left it almost monotone. The clipping mask/effects bits seem messy and random. I don’t see how your text ads to the image where it is. It ruins any natural flow your image might have with the render, as you have to pull your eye off the render and the directionality of the render to see the text. Easily third, but could have been first with some corrections.

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Sasms _ 16
moomanmatt _ 11
Ncio _ 11
piratemonkey _ 11
rawismojo _ 10
ozzy123 _ 3
xXScrapheadXx _ 3
Hokage4354 _ 1
Khnum666 _ 0
nordor _ 0
Pivotman99 _ 0

Congratulations, Sasms, For winning SOTW#41!