Battle Strategies (Possible Spoilers!)

16 posts

Flag Post

If you need help facing some enemy or challenge, bring your problem here, and others will probably tell you how they did it!

Please read the topic to see if your challenge has already been overcome by some other people; we don’t need 15 people asking at different times how to defeat Animus/Solo Challenges/World’s Saviours. If you have an alternate strategy that’s fine, just don’t bash others for theirs!

Flag Post

I’ve been wanting to beat each characters solo contest but hows is that possible when elyween when she can’t attack and beat a monster of the opposite element when it can kill you in two or more hits

Flag Post

I’m sure her song Dolorous Dirge can hit enemies of whatever element for excellent damage. Just have SPR-boosting equipment on her and they’ll go down in no time.

Flag Post

Is it possible to do all 11 survival tournaments without Gope? I ask because it seems like all the strategies I read require the elemental damage items and if I’m not mistaken, you only have access to buy them in infinite with Gope. Is that correct?

Is Gope the only way to buy these items in infinite?

I know the fire one drops on occasion from at least one enemy, but do the others?

Flag Post

I believe there may be a shop in Aeropolis that provides infinite numbers of them…but I’m unsure. If not, you could certainly check the brew in the Zombieproof Cave in Canonia (with Gloria in your party I think) to see if you can craft them….

But in any case, they should be possible with or without those potions, and thus, without Gope. He’s only there as a convenience, I think.

Flag Post

Definately possible to beat all of the dungeons without auto-haste and without the elemental dmg items (in fact I didn’t use a single elemental dmg item all game).

Flag Post

You can easily clear the survival tournaments without access to Gope (I lost my Mardek II save file, so I didn’t have access to him, either). I only used a few Really Cold Waters (a couple for Donovan, and exactly one for Mereador), and a few Alchemist Fires for Sharla, if I remember correctly. I gathered more than enough of both items just playing through the game normally. Every other character has access to enough elements via skills/weapons that there’s no need for items.

For Elwyen’s solo arena challenge, give her the Health and Protection Scarab accessories (I used this accessory combination for nearly all of the survival tournaments), and make sure she can use Dolorous Dirge. She can handle all of the fights in 1-3 rounds without ever getting low on health. Requiem is a faster alternative to Dolorous Dirge in a few of the fights, but it really doesn’t matter.

Flag Post

Hi! This game is great, but I has problem with “World’s Saviours”… I was trying several times to beat them, but I couldn’t even beat Aalia… she heals like mad. My team consisted from Mardek, Donovan, Sharla and Solaar (all of them had lvl 22+)… I’ll be grateful for any advice…

Flag Post

If you can’t take down Aalia with that setup, you might consider switching out one of your characters (I’d probably get rid of Donovan first, as Sharla’s healing is more useful than anything he has to offer, and Solaar really puts the hurt on their mage with Solar Flare) for Zach or Sslen’ck (or Legion, if you went out of your way to get him early). It’s much easier to kill her off with a dedicated physical attacker on your team. Have everybody hit her with their strongest attacks (use an elemental strike with Mardek, and have Solaar attack with a non-Light weapon).

As long as you’re dealing more damage than she can heal off in a single round, you’ll be fine, but it’s helpful to kill her off before she takes her first turn to prevent her from laying down any defensive buffs, so equipping AGI+ passives might prove useful. Note that the rogue will use Mugwort Juice to heal her, too. Once you get rid of her, the rest of the battle is pretty straightforward, assuming you have a healer or two left standing.

Flag Post

Thanks a lot for advices, I will try it tommorow. Donovan has been very usefull for me against Fire Guard (firenull spell) and I didn’t have chance to change him after I beat Fire Guard.

Flag Post

I would recommend spending some time with Gloria in your party, as she eventually has access to all four of the elemental null spells, and can replace the utility of both Sharla and Donovan, freeing up an extra slot in your party for a more useful character (Sharla and Donovan are limited to one element each, meaning they aren’t very versatile). If I’m not mistaken, the Fire Staff is somewhere in that temple, meaning she should have access to the Fire Null spell for the Guardian fight.

Flag Post

Hey, just wondering, could someone tell me a couple of strategies for dealing with the demon in the small cave, inside the treasure chest on the Desert Path? I tried using Mardek, Gloria, Sslenck, and Zach, which were my strongest characters, and tried the Noxious Bomb approach which didn’t seem to help at all either because the demon is immune to pretty much everything but poison, and even then, it healed itself of poison in just one turn later, thanks for the help in advance!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Peter41093:

Hey, just wondering, could someone tell me a couple of strategies for dealing with the demon in the small cave, inside the treasure chest on the Desert Path? I tried using Mardek, Gloria, Sslenck, and Zach, which were my strongest characters, and tried the Noxious Bomb approach which didn’t seem to help at all either because the demon is immune to pretty much everything but poison, and even then, it healed itself of poison in just one turn later, thanks for the help in advance!

I’d say, just having enough nulls for his raging inferno, and earthquake can work miracles. That and morality block for his dark-element (including death) attacks. His bane is nulls, then slowly knocking him down with Mardek’s air-slash ( I believe he’s earth element) should do the trick. After facing him the first time, I though, “Wow, I need to train.” but I managed to beat him quite easily with just Gloria, Sharla, Legion, and of course Mardek shortly after. Once you get his pattern down, it should be okay. I think it’s just unlucky that he’s getting over your poisons so fast, but even so, you should be able to take him down as long as you can survive him well inflicting damage. It also helps to have some God Piss.

Flag Post

For the Bone Demon, make sure your characters are around level 30, he’s a lvl 40 monster. He wiped my party pretty easily when they were level 20-25. Click on the monster name at the top of the screen to see their strengths and weaknesses. Bone Demon is weak against Air & Light, also Fire, immune to physical damage, but Earth & Dark heal it.

Try using Sharla since she’s great with Air. Mardek & Verhn have great Light attacks, and Sslenck too with one of those Silver Axes. Be sure to have Soulstrike equipped, and hit those attack reactions for it to work.

Flag Post

Totally different bone demon strategy, but maybe much easier: Have Legion learn Rage Chord and use it. Berserk takes a long time to wear off, and until it does, all the Bone Demon’s attacks will be single-hit physical, which can be Shielded/healed/revived relatively easily.

This works great on many other bosses as well; some do seem to be resistant, although I never figured out exactly why. Probably disables the cleric in the World’s Saviors (I didn’t think to try until too late), definitely disables the dark mage.

Flag Post

For the World Saviors, I found it incredibly easy if you use Gloria’s Razor Leaf, which lowers Vitality. After a few turns, both Aalia and the mage only have a few hundred HP, which you can knock off in one attack.