Rank Characters in terms of effectiveness page 6

132 posts

Flag Post

1.Legion learns every type of move except fig/thauma (using eveningstar and cadriathope is possible for them) and a light move! his 4 nukes are great and so is spirit nova on things like golems and mithril golems to lower their HP also the armour is great with +60% hp and -60% dmg if you learn all of them

2.Gloria skills are great very helpful against all of the guardians if you get the mahogany staff from posh zombies you can give her a magic drain hp of 10% like with the blood opal

3.TIE S’slenck ,Mardek and Elwyen S’slenck for Str and perforate use boossst when a bosssss is asleep and you can do tons of damage 2000-4000 did once about 2500 when the boss had a shield on
Mardek for the elemental slashes and the buffs (shield, m shield, remove evil, regen and heal
Elwyen skills are very good with a lot of spr (Astral Harp(what is the Song charm by the way? and where can i find it????))

4.Solaar spirit graft and the aether thing is quite good as well as Galaxy burst once you have beaten Karnos

5.Zach i don’t really have much to say on Zach because i never really use him but i know he is good with crescendo slash

6.TIE Sharla ,Donovan and Vehrn vehrn good in chp 2 but not that good in this one because there aren’t as many undead as in chp2 Sharla and Donovan i find quite limited (only fire or air)

7.Mereador yes potion spray is good for fig potion rainbow potion and mirlixir but he is very limited to moves being only able to use 2 at the same time!

Flag Post

ssx587:

2. Gloria skills are great very helpful against all of the guardians if you get the mahogany staff from posh zombies you can give her a magic drain hp of 10% like with the blood opal

Indeed, a very powerful skill. I forgot to mention it in my guide, but Gloria is still n3 on my list.

3.TIE S’slenck ,Mardek and Elwyen S’slenck for Str and perforate use boossst when a bosssss is asleep and you can do tons of damage 2000-4000 did once about 2500 when the boss had a shield on

The thing is, Sslen’ck can only use 3 elements – Fire, Physical and Earth. There’s no dying his power, however, his speed and spirit are awful.

Mardek for the elemental slashes and the buffs (shield, m shield, remove evil, regen and heal
Elwyen skills are very good with a lot of spr (Astral Harp(what is the Song charm by the way? and where can i find it????))

Song Charm = Her charm in the Survival Tournament. I’m assuming ever character has his or her (or xyr) unique charm equipped. Also, even tough Mardek’s buffs are very powerful, he can usually only target one at a time. Gloria is a better healer.

Btw, zach is FAST and POWERFUL, but his HP is pitiful. You need VIT enhancing gear to use him. But his Sinstrike is the earliest 9999 you can get.

Flag Post

@Yven i know Zach is good i just never use him in fact i have a lvl 30 Mardek lvl 29 S’slenck lvl 28 Elewyn lvl 36 Gloria and lvl 36 Legion and have opened up the miasmal citadel beaten arena and have 4 of the charms (after i had written my last post i realized what the charm was) and i haven’t even bought Zach to use him!!

Flag Post

i may edit this later and go in to detail but I don’t currently have the time

can’t be switch out
mardek(obviously)

used regularly
Elwyen
Gloria
Legion
Solaar

situational
Sharla
Sslen’ck

not used
Vehrn
Mereador
Zach

useless
Donovan

Flag Post

Vehrn is actually extremely powerful, once he gets his best weapon from the Lost Temple, the Smite X atk reaction skill he gets from it give him extrodinarly high dmg, higher than Ive ever seen, and having Solaar along with him to use Spirit Graft or having those SPR increasing Potions will make his damg go up exponentially, I was getting 9999 Dmg on Karnos, and up to 6000 on Animus, Truly his only set back is enemies with Light 100% < Resistance ( ’course, if youve beaten his solo area you can just use Emerald Shock) Its become my strategy to simply keep Vehrn alive and I will almost always win.

(Btw those who dont know what Smite X does it multiplys his dmg by his Spr)

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimbolance:

(Btw those who dont know what Smite X does it multiplys his dmg by his Spr)

Heh, not quite.

It multiplies his damage by a percentage of his SPR and level, and it says percentage.

So let’s say that it multiplies by 0,5% of SPR and 0,5% of LVL. (Divided by 100.)

If he’s L34 and has 23 SPR = 0,28% multiplier. This means that the damage increases by 28%. That’s a big boost already, but not quite multiplying. True multiplying.

Smite + adds damage (possibly by full amounts? L100 and SPR100 gives +200 damage?) so i think it’s not worth it, btw.

And yeah, his skills, and emerald shock, ROCK.

Flag Post

One last thing I have to say about Vehrn, Ive heard many ppl say that his Light type/Undead Slaying focus makes him almost useless in Chp 3, but theres somthing few people realize, more boss-like enemies actually have high Res to the 4 elements, whilst morality elements they tend to have lower or not at all , Perfect example are the guardians, Sure you can put together a party to use the opposite element but that can lead to ineffeciencies and much hassle w/ using old equipment or teaching your characters new skills, but with Vehrn, you face a relativly low elemental Res in most circumstances (kinda cause most of the light absorbers were dealt with in the Sun temple).