Your Favorite MARDEK Moments page 3

174 posts

Flag Post

I dont remember it per word, but my favorite was:

Water Guardian: Oh I so wish I could venture with you again Mardek. But you know, the rules forbid this.
Solaar: Rules??

Flag Post

Almost everyone’s favorite moment was a funny one it seems, but to me the best moments were definitely the confrontations with the GdM, when I was playing chapter 2 for the first time I was kind of expecting Moric to be shallow and not a serious villain based on the scene at the end of chapter 1…so I was really surprised when he was not like that at all. And then at the Saucer it made me feel for him about how he went insane and was suffering due to the soul transfer and stuff(and the fact he possessed him also suprised me a lot) so those moments were the best of chapter 2 to me.And in chapter 3…wow. Truly amazing. Qualna is one of my favorite characters now. I’m dying to see how Melchior will be like. O.o

I guess my favorite funny moments were the first appearance of the Saviours, the security check at the warport and basically everything that Legion says xD

Flag Post

On of my favorites:

Solaar: Oh wowsers! A village-town of human beings! They all seem to be livifying life to a non-minimal extent, if you would care to capture my drifting!

Mardek: …Huh?

Solaar: Even I don’t know what I meaned by that one.

Flag Post

When it came out.

Flag Post

I like the Blatantly Evil Advisor in Xanthusia, and his conversation with Ss’lenck when he joins your party.

Flag Post

My favourite moment is a funny one. It was when I was reading the dialogue of the Saucer People and they were all explaining how they were going to be saved and whatnot, and I read the last one and all he says is, “I don’t believe this but it’s a laugh, isn’t it?” and I lol’d.

Flag Post

Soldier: ooh Mardek im such a big fan
sign my hat
wait no sign my breasts they are small but soft =)
Mardek: but your a man
Soldier: WELL SO ARE YOU

and Pretty much all the dialoug in the warport

Security: Do you find me attractive?
Mardek: Yes
Security: TERRORIST!!!

Flag Post

dreamstones # 11 or 12 when mystery man starts talking “i wish i could clone myself then i would shank my brains out ,but then i’d be GAY and i’m too asowm for TAHT

Flag Post

I had the music muted because I was listening other background music (and i had been in the water temple for too long so the real background music became annoying). Then I went to Saul’s place. He captured us, and then some things happened,, blah blah, and one part of the dialogue was:

Vehrn: “Mardek, did you hear that?”
Mardek: “No, because the sound is turned off.”

I was like O.O
And then I lol’d.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sunwave:

I had the music muted because I was listening other background music (and i had been in the water temple for too long so the real background music became annoying). Then I went to Saul’s place. He captured us, and then some things happened,, blah blah, and one part of the dialogue was:

Vehrn: “Mardek, did you hear that?”
Mardek: “No, because the sound is turned off.”

I was like O.O
And then I lol’d.

lol! That’s great, would never have expected that. My favorite line is certainly “What’s a food?” but I kinda like this scene too:

Mardek – “Well, this isn’t going nearly as well as I—”
Rohoph – “Shut up, Mardek, the grown-ups are talking.”
Donovan – “Uh… Mardek, are you okay?”

Not really all that funny, but still kinda interesting seeing Rohoph actually snap at Mardek like that. (still haven’t finished chapter 3 yet so I don’t know if that continues all the way to the ending)

Flag Post

My top 3 moments in the series.

1. The music. Better than any GBA RPG music I’ve ever heard.

2. The yellow Magi…I forget his name. More specifically, his new word in Ch.1. “Bannanananany”

3. The security people at the Warport…..TERRORIST!!11

Flag Post

SAUL! I sadly cannot recreate or quote his over-the-top self-narration at the moment, but that definitely floored me. I was disappointed that he disappeared after Mereadore’s quest. I wanted to hear more of the hamminess.

And Blatantly Evil Chancellor was another favorite of mine. His face alone was hilarious, especially when Sslen’ck turned down that cup of poison.

I hated the security people in the warport, but I loved the questions. My favorite?

“Do you think I’m attractive?”
My answer: “…That’s not even relevant!”

Flag Post

During the mission in the Gem Mine:
Mardek: Well, I’d only kill a guy if he killed me first!
Hilarious.
Warport:
– Security: Do you find me attractive?
– Mardek: Not really.
– Security: TERRORIST!

Flag Post

THIS MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SOMETHING KNOW AS SPOLIERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK/DESIRE PEOPLE OR HUMANS ALIKE :P

Well it depends on the circumstance

Most Awesome: Finding out that Clavis was actually Qualna and that he wasn’t possessing the king after all. I was like NO EFFIN WAY, NO WAY. Also after you get Qualna’s dreamstone. I truly agreed with Qualna in Calling Ronoph a monster.

Funniest: Oh so many. I would have to say, since I played Deliverence, the Earth Guardian battle. Select, “You seem familiar” at the dialogue for funniness :P

Touching: Probably dreamstone 4 I believe? (The one before the Upper levels of the Water temple.) I was like.. “Awwwwwww”

Awesome: Had to be when I had Mardek solo Karnos. Wiped out my entire team after the first turn. 30 minutes later Mardek was raising his sword with Gloria, Legion, and Elwyen lying dead on the ground. I literally said, (PROFANITY) YEAH TAKE THAT (PROFANITY)er

Flag Post

I love when you first get Sslen’ck to join your party and he entrusts the village to his assisstant:

Blatantly Evil Chancellor: Neeheeheeheeeee! Yessssss, the village will be ‘jussssst asssss you left it’ when you return, effendi…

The artwork for him is simply hilarious.

Also I love the group of all nice guys in the warport who all say some sort of quick and polite banter and one random guy who looks no different from the rest is a total nutcase!

Flag Post

Actually, Qualna WAS possessing the king. However, he hadn’t hidden the real king and disguised himself as the king, as Rohoph presumed.

Flag Post

in chapter 2, on the doors during the zombie invasion of gonzor, when they say something like
“not amount of pulling or swearing at its mother will open it”

Flag Post
Originally posted by tetrismaster:

in chapter 2, on the doors during the zombie invasion of gonzor, when they say something like

It does that for pretty much any locked door that doesn’t have a findable key.

Flag Post

Read from bottom to top: (copied out of log)

Elwyen: So let me just hold your hand and we can be on our way again without talking anymore! Yay.

Elwyen: Aaauuuggh! Mardek, you can be so irritating sometimes, you know that?!

Mardek: Well, I don’t, because isn’t Twister a spell for Gloria?

Elwyen: It’s called Twister, and I’m sure playing it will make us feel rather close, if you know what I mean.

Elwyen: Nooo, Mardek, it’s not! That sounds stupid!

Mardek: Ooh! Is it ‘Jump Over The Rather Large Toadstool Repeatedly For Hours’?! I used to play that a lot when I was little!

Elwyen: I know a better game we could play though.

Elwyen: If you’re trying to play some kind of weird mind game with me, well, well, your mind game sucks!

Elwyen: No you haven’t, Mardek, you big dope! You’ve been saying it ‘el-oo-ee-en’, like it’s s’pposeda be!

Mardek: Oh, thanks! Only, I’ve been pronouncing it as ‘el-wee-en’ all this time!

Elwyen: You knooow… ‘ELL-OO-EE-EN’! Simple! Geeze!

Mardek: Well, uh… how is that?

Elwyen: Um… like you always do? Like just then?

Mardek: Hey Elwyen, I’ve always wondered how you pronounce your name!

Elwyen: Hi Mardek.

Mardek: Talk to Elwyen.

Mardek: Well, who should I talk to?

Flag Post

My favorite:
Melchior: I like Qualna. He solved his problems with words and not words like “DIE!” or “I have a small peanut and I’m not afraid to use it!”.
Balthazar: You have a small what?

Flag Post

My favorite Quotes are Gaspars “Insults” to Melchoir;
Ch.2: YOU DON’T HAVE ANY BLEEDIN’ HAIR, YA LAGABOUTTIN’ POUTIN’ SPOUTIN’ TROUT!!!!
Ch.3: WE SOGGIN’ WELL ALL ARE [hermaphrodites], YOU TRUMPET.

Flag Post

“As you can see, people in this town are racist. They don’t even drink milk because it’s white.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:
Originally posted by tetrismaster:

It does that for pretty much any locked door that doesn’t have a findable key.

Either that or it uses the old “It’s a wall painted to look like a door” trick.

Flag Post

The description for Sharla’s Thunderbolt ability. I assume it’s making fun of how all the female superheroes seem to have huge breasts (I’m allowed to say breasts, right?)

This is Lightning Bolt’s older sister. She wears makeup and has these strange things on her chest that she uses to fight crime, Lightning Bolt imagines.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForceofLight:

The description for Sharla’s Thunderbolt ability. I assume it’s making fun of how all the female superheroes seem to have huge breasts (I’m allowed to say breasts, right?)

Kong doesn’t give a fuck about the language you use. Unless it’s profanity directed at another user. But that’s more about flaming than language.