Your Favorite MARDEK Moments page 5

174 posts

Flag Post

Melchoir and Gaspar dialogues.

Flag Post

Hermit: You can free the soul just by invoking its True Name and saying that it is free. So go to the one in the volcano and say this: ‘DANARIUS VELLAMESSANTINE, YOU ARE FREE!’

Water Guardian: See you next chapter, eh?

Other Brother: These chairs are just painted on the floor! You can walk right over the top of them!

Security 1: Oh. Uh. That’s not good. Hmm! Uh, okay then, sir! You can go through and do whatever terrorist activities you like! Go on. Knock yourself out. Please? Since clearly our security can’t! Uh… please proceed to the portal! We won’t bother you again!

Lord Sir Bong-Bong McFtong the Moderately Bonkers: STOP!!!! You cannot pass here, into the arena, for six of our mighty warriors are currently on a journey!

Innkeeper: My business is booming! That save crystal over there can heal all aliments in a flash of light, so I just did away with sleeping rooms entirely! And it’s free too, so loads of people come all the time! Wow, this is the high life for me! Surely I shall become a millionaire soon!

Flag Post

“I’d only kill a man if he killed me first!” -Mardek

Flag Post

Man i got a HUGE dopamine boom when i beated Red Dragon, Earth Guardian, Muriance and Arena Tournament. Those were my most exciting and best moments

Flag Post
Originally posted by Soro99:

“Double, double, toil, and misfortune! Shadows howl and heroes tremble!”

I love the Macbeth reference.

man… was that whole acting scene from shakespeare? epic preformance really

Flag Post

i like what elwyn siad in the dark temple

Flag Post

Solaar is a… Strange talking wolf thing. Odd. His – her?- fur seems to glow with a pleasant light, and he triwtches nervously every so often. His raped, idiosyncratic speech(Whish seems to echo faintly) and fidgety mannerisms suggest she’s contstaly anxious, almost paranoid… OR maybe he’s just energetic.?All you know of he is that he claims to be the Dark Crystal Gardian. Strange, considering she’s liight. After the crystal was stolen, he cam along with you in order to take it back. She seems to be overly concerned with failed to protect the crystal… but what does he fear?

Notice the shes and hes.

Flag Post

Yes, this is because Solaar’s species (the Aruans) have no genders, so they’re referred to as Xe (he/she), Xyr (him/her), or Xyrs (his/hers). This is first seen in (SPOILER) Dreamstone 13 (I think).

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

Yes, this is because Solaar’s species (the Aruans) have no genders, so they’re referred to as Xe (he/she), Xyr (him/her), or Xyrs (his/hers). This is first seen in (SPOILER) Dreamstone 13 (I think).

I think it’s worth noting that the terms “xyr” and “xyrs” were created by fans, and don’t appear in game… Only the term “xe” is actually used. Personally, I wouldn’t get to used to using “xyr” and “xyrs”, because Pseudolonewolf may choose to use different words instead.

Flag Post

I liked the end of the Moonstone’s bestiary entry. “They fade into nothingness when slain. Damn.”

Flag Post

No Adobe Photoshop was involved.

Flag Post

I wish I’d been keeping a list of my favorite quotes, there’s so many of them! Ah well, most of them have been mentioned already. For whatever reason, ‘Sidequest Priest’ cracked me up. Oh, and ‘Obviously Evil Chancellor’. :) SLIGHT SPOILER The first couple of Dreamstones tore my heart to little pieces, listening to Deugan’s “last” moments, and his thoughts as he’s laying there dying…. ;_;

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1bootliz:

I wish I’d been keeping a list of my favorite quotes, there’s so many of them! Ah well, most of them have been mentioned already. For whatever reason, ‘Sidequest Priest’ cracked me up. Oh, and ‘Obviously Evil Chancellor’. :) SLIGHT SPOILER The first couple of Dreamstones tore my heart to little pieces, listening to Deugan’s “last” moments, and his thoughts as he’s laying there dying…. ;_;

Quotes? http://fighunter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:MARDEK_Game_Script

Flag Post

my favourite MARDEK moment was a line from a woman in Aeropolis, (is the same area as the museum I believe) who said:

There’s a volcano south of here. I hope it doesn’t cover the city with lava.
It’d also do more damage because it’s fire and the city’s air.

XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by spargomaster12:

I love the description of the skull

Ahh poor Yorick.

Yorick is a famous tale about a jester who gets his head cut off.

The first time I read that (in chapter 3) the first thing that popped into my head was ‘Alas, poor Moric!’

Flag Post

One of my favorite moments occurred in Lifewood when my party was facing 4 Male Centaurs. I started off my turn with Elwyen playing Ballad of Balance. When it came to Mardek’s turn, Mardek strikes one of the Centaurs, and the resulting damage is spread to the other three. This damage baffled one of the Centaurs, who thought another Centaur had attacked him. So he used his Revenge Strike countermove to attack the Centaur whom he believed had hit him. The Revenge Strike’s damage in turn has spread out again via Ballad of Balance. Now, another Centaur believed that one of them had just attacked him, so he used his Revenge Strike against that Centaur.

Needless to say, this went on for a few turns until the Centaurs all killed each other. Quite entertaining.

Flag Post

Barkeep: Sir Mardek, old fellow! you don’t want any of the grog here, i assure you! Don’t tell anyone else, BUT I’TS ACTUALLY JUST PISS. I URNINATE IN THE CUPS AND SELL IT.But I won’t serve it to you, nossir! That would be cruel! Unless you have paticular interest in imbibing my bodily waters!

Mardek: Well, not today.

Barkeep: WELL THAT’S YOUR LOSS, THEN. You fancy knights in your shiny armour are too GOOD for quaffin’ tankards of a diseased old man’s piddle, eh? IS THAT IT?! Get out of my face. You make me sick. *barkeep smiles * Come again some other time though!

another scene
Woman: Legendary Heroes who we owe our lives to are so rude these days! Walking into peoples’ houses uninvited, all willy-nylly! And talking to the people who live there, no less! Well I never! Who do you think you are? The only man I ever loved, who died long before you were born? Of course you aren’t. I feel very bitter now. Stop reminding me of these things.

Man: I wish YOU wouldn’t remind ME that you don’t even love me, but a dead man instead!

Woman: What did i tell you about interrupting me when I’m talking to strangers?

Man: Uh… nothing?

Woman: That’s right.

Flag Post

“I want to be the shaman when I grow up!” – Deluded Old Fart at Aeropolis
Also, the part where the barkeeper at Canonia keeps saying the word bloody in each of his sentences – “Well, if it isn’t SIR BLOODY Mardek” and “Get outta me bleedin face” was pretty amusing.

Flag Post

DON’T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NECRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by aimbarn:

DON’T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NECRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like it.

Flag Post

Necro topics is bad… ask… hem… Chimto; DK; WTH666; Andreas313; many others!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by aimbarn:

^This.

Flag Post

You see!

Flag Post

The security guards were the best part of the game.

Flag Post

There’s nothing wrong with necroing topics if there’s a good reason to.
She felt that she had a nice Mardek moment which she wanted to share and did not want to make another thread.

Bad necroes are ones that revive troll threads, threads with the problems resolved, etc.

Seriously, the Mardek community needs to grow up,
I seriously think OT is less annoying than you guys.