SUPER Points!

8 posts

Flag Post

I’m Pretty Sure This has come up before, but I just Noticed That MARDEK 3 has 135 Points to earn From Badges. To My Knowledge, This is more Points from a single game than has ever been awarded before; The Highest-Point-Awarding Games So far, I believe, Are Ones like “Sonny 2” and “Dolphin Olympics 2” With One Of each badge: 5+15+30+60= 110 Points. MARDEK 3, However, Has a Medium, two Hards, And an Impossible Badge Assigned to It: 15+30+30+60= 135 Points, 25 more than Any Other on Kongregate. Plus, All of us big MARDEK Fans will earn that Impossible Badge just because PsudoLoneWolf put SO much time and Effort Into It… Or at Least I Will.

Flag Post

While he changed the badge plans some since then, here’s greg’s initial post with his rationale for giving the game so many points:

Originally posted by greg:

Okay, this is my current plan, heavily influenced by MrRubix:

Medium: Complete the sun temple
Hard: Complete the game
Hard: Complete the arena
Impossible: Defeat the 2 side bosses

This would make it the most point-heavy game on the site, but given the game’s length, rating, and sheer amount of quality content, I think it’s warranted.

And yeah, I’m pretty sure the previous record was 110. can’t argue with greg’s logic here, though.

Flag Post

Well when it takes 50+ hours into a flash game there better be some serious kong points coming hand in hand.

Flag Post

based on the time you’ll need to get all the badges, 135 points is nothing

Flag Post

But it is an awesome, full length RPG. Worth it.

Flag Post

Now count the badges on the other games of the saga:

Mardek 1→2 meds, 30 points total
Mardek 2→1 easy 3 hards, 95 points total
Mardek 3→1 med 2 hards 1 imp, 135 points total

Saga total: 1 easy 3 meds 5 hards 1 imp, 260 points total! Whoa!

Flag Post

And all totally worthwhile. :)

Flag Post

Sure.

Congratulations Pseudo, you’re awesome.