Umm...Reaction Mastering?

8 posts

Flag Post

If you master a reaction and un-equip it, is it still active or not? Reason I ask this is that I mastered a reaction on Gloria to raise her Spirit. So I un-equipped it and used Whirlpool. It didn’t use the reaction?

Flag Post

No. Mastering a reaction just means that you have the ability to equip it without it’s specific item being equipped. It still doesn’t do anything if you didn’t equip the reaction itself.

Flag Post

Mastering a reaction frees you from needing to rely on particular items for their abilities that they offer. This allows you to use both air and earth spells on Gloria, for example, without having to constantly change staves.

Flag Post

You can unequip the item but you can’t deactivate the skill if that’s what you mean. As lax said, all mastering a skill does it allow you to use it without having to equip the corresponding item, but you have to keep it activated using ap on the skills menu.

Flag Post

Would be cool if once you master a skill, it becomes permanent on your list, without having to use points to use it. As a reward for the skill farming/grinding. =)

Flag Post

But then Mardek could just spam heal all the way through from every single game and negate the need for health pots.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eclipse777:

But then Mardek could just spam heal all the way through from every single game and negate the need for health pots.

Heal is an action, not a reaction… It’s still not a good idea though, because it destroys the entire purpose of reaction points.

Flag Post

In the final chapters it’s possible he introduces a passive skill that equips all other mastered skills (like the sheriff star in wild arms)