Do I need to save Essences?

13 posts

Flag Post

Hi there folks. I’m trying to avoid spoilers, and I’m about to enter the dark temple, but haven’t done so yet, so can we keep that in mind? I haven’t even been to the World Map yet.

I returned to the surface to do some crafting. I have one each of Kite Shield, Light Essence, and Dark Essence. I want to make a Shield of Darkness, but I’m aware that Skull Helm and Golden M Helm both take Dark/Light essences, respectively. My questions are:

-Will I be able to get another Kite Shield?
-Will I be able to get more Dark Essences?
-Will I be able to get more Light Essences?

For spoiler reasons, I don’t want to know where, or what monsters, unless I’ve already been there. I’d like to know if the sources are limited (eg treasure chests) or infinite (eg shops with infinite stock, drops from onsters).

Flag Post

You can have more later in the game

But they are limited item (required for craft) tell me if you want know it

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure they’re not unlimited, but there are more.

Flag Post

Are there enough to craft one of everything you can use them to craft for?

Flag Post
Originally posted by im_robertb:

Nope

Flag Post

I have found monsters in different areas that drop each of those items, so they should all be unlimited. Check your bestiary (in the encyclopedia) to see item drop percentages for monsters you’ve seen before.

Flag Post

Hey, you’re right!
Vega drops Light Essence 5%
FallenSoldier drops Kite Shield 5%

I’m sure something in the Dark Temple will drop Dark Essences.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sanschiffre:
Originally posted by im_robertb:

Nope

There is, however, enough materials to craft everything of use. You don’t have to craft the crown or axe since they’re already in the game and the weapon for zach doesn’t offer much use since he can get the abilities elsewhere and it isn’t his strongest.

Flag Post

You can get essences of most types from monster drops. I have more dark essence than I need. Same with water.

Flag Post

With every type of elemental there’s a 25% chance to get there essence of whatever type they are.

Flag Post

so to answer the question, yes you should save them because even though there are potentially infinite essences, the drop percentages are fairly low and shops run out. You can use them with a bit of comfort knowing you aren’t wasting it.

Flag Post

You might as well save them. Just to point out, there is a shop in airtopolis that sells infinite numbers of all essences.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 348joey:

You might as well save them. Just to point out, there is a shop in airtopolis that sells infinite numbers of all essences.

No, they are actually quite limited if you check.

But they have more than you’ll ever need. 10x light essences for example.