best team?

139 posts

Flag Post

what is the best team in this game

Flag Post

Personally, I prefer the team of Mardek, Gloria, Elwyen and Solaar. Though, it’s really up to whomever you feel most comfortable playing as.

Flag Post

Gloria and Elwyen are the most versatile. If you’re unsure about who to use, they’re probably the best pick. Legion is great too, but he requires some work.

Apart from that, it’s preference. I like using Solaar because she’s a doggy dog, woof.

Flag Post

hm ill go with mardek,legion,solaar,and eitheir gloria or elwyen or maybe zach

Flag Post

take gloria

Flag Post

ok thx

Flag Post

I would go with Mardek..you have too…Legion..cuz he can learn moves from all elements..i think..fairy dust is useful btw…solaar..best healer in the game…and elwyen..best support person..in my opinion

Mardek

Solaar

Elwyen

Legion

Flag Post

Well, you should also adapt your team to the place you’re at. Sharla is awesome at the Earth Temple, Elwyen does wonders in the dreamwood, and so on..

Flag Post

i still dont know if i should have elwyen or gloria and i dont have legion yet so what should be a good replacement character until i get him?

Flag Post

Sslen’ck

Flag Post

ok thx guys

Flag Post

About Gloria/Elwyen, I’d pick Gloria if you have all her nulls, or at least the ones you’re gonna need most sooner (if she has null water and you’re doing the water temple next, i.e), but Elwyen would be more useful if you have Dolorous Dirge and Ballad of Balance.

Flag Post

Gloria is a definite, Legion is very useful and fits most situations, Sharla is good at the start of the game and very powerful for a bit when she gets Thunderbolt, but towards the end of the game she gets kind of pointless. Zach isn’t powerful enough. Vehrn is only good against dark/zombies. I don’t understand how to properly use Meraedor, though you can apparently get him awesome, with inventions that can give everyone haste and such. Sslen’ck is alright but king of limited to half-decent damage dealing. Elwyen is supposed to be very good, but you need to put in a lot of effort for her. Solaar is useful but he’s made of glass, very, very, weak, thin glass.

Flag Post

I Do…

Sooner in the game

Mardek
Elwyen
Gloria/Sharla
Donovan/Sharla(You can’t have 2 sharlas at the same time,but she is optional,Gloria/Donovan is the best in most areas.)

Later in the game

Mardek
Elwyen
Sslen’ck
Zach(If you use him a lot)
or
Mardek
Elwyen
Gloria
Donovan/Sharla

or

Mardek
Solaar
Elwyen
Maraedor

or

Mardek
Zach/Elwyen
Sslen’ck
Vehrn.

Later in the game

Mardek
Elwyen
Gloria
Anyone.(I Like Solaar here cuz i didn’t got Legion yet)

Flag Post

My party from Dark Temple to Fire Temple was Mardek, Solaar, Elwyen and Gloria. At Fire Temple, I got Legion so it was Mardek, Elwyen, Gloria and Legion.

Flag Post

There is no one “best” team. Pick whichever ones you like. It’s generally accepted that you do want Gloria in your party at all times for her elemental diversity, though the rest of your party doesn’t really matter. I’d advise staying away from Solaar until you can get the Scarab of Health and the Green Stole +6, however, as xyr VIT is so terrible that xe keels over if the enemy so much as looks at xyr funny unless you have those pieces of equipment for their huge VIT boosts.

You should also try switching your party around every so often, since levelling them up unlocks optional backstory that may be interesting. They’re also all useful for different situations.

Flag Post

you NEED Gloria in your team especially against Animus because well spam whirl pool until all it’s SPR is gone hope this helps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bouldergiest100:

you NEED Gloria in your team especially against Animus because well spam whirl pool until all it’s SPR is gone hope this helps.

I’ve beaten Animus without using Gloria… If you want to reduce Animus’s spirit you can also use Legion’s fairy dust.

Flag Post

These two teams are the best there is (in my humble opinion, of course) and once you pick one of these, you won’t have to switch them out to adapt to new areas, as they are fairly adaptable and versatile.

Team 1:
Mardek
Elwyen
Gloria
Solaar

Team 2:
Mardek
Elwyen
Gloria
Legion (Needs some work to get his skills though)

ANY team will work, just use whoever you like the best.

Flag Post

all I’m saying is whenever you need to lower a stat, Gloria is the best.

Flag Post

Well, this is the best team for me.

Mardek (duh, but great character. Good offense, can heal, shield, regen, and so on. And pretty tough.)
Gloria (Versatile elemental attacks as well, possibly the best healing there is, and those nulls I never used but you might want to.)
Legion (Even more versatile, and a freaking tank with all the HP+ and PDMG- reactions. And the only character that can do status afflictions, probably. As of now. I always wanted a Blue Mage in the game, and I got one.)
Elwyen (I’m not sure why, possibly my team needing sexy. Dirge’s great for killing anything annoying, Requiem clears the Monastery and Skelizards, Song of Life can do healing, Ballad of Baloney makes single-hit attacks very insignificant, as well as tactical possibilities.)

Flag Post

This is my second playthrough, and I’ve found this team to be perfect (for me). Keep in mind they all have all of their skills.

Mardek – Level 46
Zack – Level 41
Gloria – Level 41
Solaar – Level 39

Flag Post
Originally posted by bouldergiest100:

all I’m saying is whenever you need to lower a stat, Gloria is the best.

I like Legion’s fairy dust better because it lowers stregnth and spirit, it causes sleep, and it hits the multiple enemies without an increased mp cost. It’s really just a matter of personal preferance, though.

Flag Post

My favorite party is:

Mardek- Yeah, I know he’s required. He’s rather versatile, though, with the potential to attack with 5 different elements (air, water, fire, earth, and light). He also has some decent protective abilities (heal, shield, remove evil, etc.).
Solaar- Solaar eventually becomes the best healer in the game, healing over 2,000 hp to every party member with a single move. Solaar’s ressurect skill will probably save some of your phoenix downs. Solaar also has powerful single-hit and multi-hit light attacks (Galaxy Burst!), and can switch to astral mode to nullify normal attacks and absorb ether attacks. Solaar’s attacks are notoriously costly, but Solar also has extremely high mp and can boost spirit/mp with Spirit Graft.
Sslen’ck- Does high damage. Has single-hit and multi-hit fire magic attacks. Sslen’ck can lower defence with perforate, and has normal, fire, and earth attacks.
Legion- Legion’s probably the toughest character in the game. If you can find enough of Legion’s skills, Legion also becomes extremely versatile.

Flag Post

I also like going with Elwyen/Gloria/Legion as much more enemies tend to Blind you or have evasion, or just are multiple… basically, magic’s better than attacking.