when does 4 out mardek

92 posts

Flag Post

when does 4 out mardek

Flag Post

If you’re trying to say “when does Mardek 4 come out,” Not even the developer has any clue right now. He still hasn’t released Mardek 3 anywhere outside of Kong yet.

Flag Post

Hm.

Either by the end of 2010 or way later, depends if he wants to do some of his other projects or continue those series when they’re hot after the great revival.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Hm.

Either by the end of 2010 or way later, depends if he wants to do some of his other projects or continue those series when they’re hot after the great revival.

I don’t know… if Mardek 4 is as large as Mardek 3, it might be calling it close to have it written (story / plot details) designed (game mechanics / balance, art, music), tested, and debugged in 5 months, even if he doesn’t have to re-design the game engine. Pseudo is a fucking genius, but still…

Flag Post

My guess is 2012 if he keeps up this sort of quality work. Which I hope he does. I’m not gonna lie, we’d all love to see Mardek 4 in a month! But then the game would likely be rushed and not very good.

Flag Post

If it’s not out by 2012, it’ll be because he was working on other projects. I’m not to sure he could finish another chapter by the end of the year (although he could probably work on other stuff while it was in beta), a lot of the time spent on Mardek 3 had to do with the fact that he was re-doing the game engine.

Flag Post

Just don’t expect it out this year

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mavestino:

Just don’t expect it out this year

Or any year during your lifetime.

Flag Post

If I’m not mistaken, MARDEK 4 will be shorter than Chapter 3, but longer than Chapter 2(not sure where I read it, probably on Fighunter Chat…).
Seeing as most of the stuff has already been made, it’ll probably take way less. Though there are a bunch of projects before MARDEK, I heard him say he might move it up the schedule at some point.
Oh, and, apparently, starting with Chapter 5, all the music will be replaced. Hm….

Flag Post

Let’s see. You can find Pseudo’s plan with his future games at his site. After MARDEK 3, he is going to work on a Raider revamped (and larger) sequel, then a small project for his site, then two other smaller games, all before starting to work on MARDEK 4.

Now, hopefully he’s more organized this time (<hyperbole>He started about 10 different projects and finished none while working on MARDEK 3</hyperbole>) and he doesn’t have to redo the game’s engine this time, so MARDEK 4 should take considerably less time than MARDEK 3.

Considering all this, we’ll probably only see MARDEK 4 in 2011. Or 2012 if he decides to abandon his original plan and work on other projects instead of MARDEK,

Flag Post
Originally posted by hassang:

If I’m not mistaken, MARDEK 4 will be shorter than Chapter 3, but longer than Chapter 2(not sure where I read it, probably on Fighunter Chat…).
Seeing as most of the stuff has already been made, it’ll probably take way less. Though there are a bunch of projects before MARDEK, I heard him say he might move it up the schedule at some point.
Oh, and, apparently, starting with Chapter 5, all the music will be replaced. Hm….

*cough*totally not leaving Belfan*cough*

sorry, I have a cold 0:-)

Flag Post

I think it will be out moderately quickly. It is his most popular game so I’m guessing he will start on it as soon as he has finished the raider zones and now he has got basically a mardek engine down which allows him to make mardeks’ much quicker than m3.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gamemackerel:

I think it will be out moderately quickly. It is his most popular game so I’m guessing he will start on it as soon as he has finished the raider zones and now he has got basically a mardek engine down which allows him to make mardeks’ much quicker than m3.

Pseudo has three other projects planned before even starting on Mardek 4. They’re supposed to be shorter projects, but you know how these things work… Mardek 3’s original release date was actually supposed to be over a year ago… He’s also planning to learn AS3, which could take a while, so don’t hold your breath.

Flag Post

Well it took a long long long long long long time for psuedolonewolf to finish chapter 3 but he did a lot of work on other games and stuff and not to mention he had to create a new game engine and remake all the other chapters and add extra stuff in so if he started it now it could be out in january i think but that is unlikely since he tends to stop working on games and decides to start on another one (like he did with raider zero)

Flag Post

It will come out in 2012 and it will be the end of the world and the truth is that that game inspired the authors of 2012 to create that movie! Mistery solved!

Flag Post

I suggest going to Psuedo’s site. The man is a genius but he has difficulty remaining focused and hates to work on one thing for long periods of time.

Whenever it comes out i expect it to be worth the wait.

If you’d like to speed up its arrivial i suggest dontating some creds to him with a note like good work on mardek 3 or something like that. Psuedo one day hopes to be a full time flash developer for a living,

Flag Post

However looking as how chap. 2=20 times chap. 1 and chap. 3=20 times chap. 2, and as chap. 3 needed a lot of time to be made already…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lebossle:

However looking as how chap. 2=20 times chap. 1 and chap. 3=20 times chap. 2, and as chap. 3 needed a lot of time to be made already…

Chapter 3 is really only about 3-4 times as long as chapter 2, and I’m pretty sure pseudo said chapter 4 will be shorter than chapter 3 (but longer than 2). In any case, a large part of what took so long to make chapter 3 is that he had to redo the game engine. He also worked on some other projects during that time (i.e. raider)

In any case, he won’t start work on Mardek 4 quite yet, he just announced that his next project is a short game to help him learn AS3.

Flag Post

Mardek 4 will come out sometime before Mardek 5…

… oh, that doesn’t really help you out, now does it? But yeah, there’s my answer for you…

Flag Post

i just wanna ask real quick… umm what is AS3?

Flag Post

well, I would say Soon, but that is already pretty much trademarked by Blizzard Entertainment, and also, i doubt it will be that soon.

Flag Post

It will come soon. Copyright Blizzard Entertainment.

Originally posted by Lebossle:

M3 is long but was delayed ridiculously. So it took 3 YEARS. High Priest Pseudolonewolf of YALORT is working on a small game called “Chimaera” before New Raider and Be-a-ST. M4 will come after Be-a-ST. But I’m neither Pseudo, Firequill or YALORT so I can’t predict.

Flag Post
Originally posted by forwardmatt:

i just wanna ask real quick… umm what is AS3?

ActionScript 3.0. It’s an object-oriented language for programming in Flash. Apparently Pseudo is using ActionScript 2 (AS2) at the moment. Version 3 isn’t just an expansion of version 2, it’s like a whole new language such that AS2 code won’t even run in an AS3 environment. So Pseudo needs to spend some time learning how to use it.

Flag Post

Do you remember the (goverane de magi) maybe he will have that “stupid” yellow guy out to kill them. Maybe your supposed to die and then rolph will kill him in one shot and say “that was close!”

Flag Post

Uhhh… that makes no sense. Not to mention that that’s an EPIC BUMP OF DOOM!!!1