Question on Oxyale, need answer QUICK

17 posts

Flag Post

Ok, so I got the ingredients and brought them to the shaman. Now, he asks how many I want (1, 4, 8, or 32). I picked 32, because obv more is better, so why not. However, he says “Be warned- you greed shall be your downfall” and proceeds to give me the oxyale anyway.

Are there any obvious repercussions to this choice?!?! If so, I just saved so I want to refresh if there are negative effects, or even if negative effects in later chapters are suspected.

Also, do you have to regather any materials to get more from the dude in the case that you choose a lesser amount of potions? Or do you just get free potions every time you visit him?

THANKS =D

Flag Post

I chose 32, nothing adverse so far.

Flag Post

No idea, 8 is ideal though (from a conversational standpoint).
If you run out of potions, you can get 4 more every visit free.

Flag Post

Ok, thanks. Imma just trust that there won’t be anything horribly horrible in the future chapters and continue on then =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidy:

Ok, thanks. Imma just trust that there won’t be anything horribly horrible in the future chapters and continue on then =P

I think it’s a general thing: if you keep being greedy something bad will happen.

Flag Post

(Enter the Oompa Loompas)

If you’re not greedy, you will go far…

Flag Post

It’s just a saying, I’m sure. I took sixteen myself, so I was spared such threats.

Flag Post

I chose 32 only because I didn’t want to come back to him later if I ran out. Nothing bad happened to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

It’s just a saying, I’m sure. I took sixteen myself, so I was spared such threats.

Ditto.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

It is a saying. He has something different for each choice. 16 is actually more than enough if you warp anyway (4 for the gem mines’ dreamstone, 4 to get into the temple for the crystal rose, 4 to get back in if you leave after getting the crystal rose like I did, and an extra 4 practice juggling with. Or store for future chapters, whatever.)

Flag Post

how do you actually use the oxyale to get into the water?

Flag Post

You know you only have to use 1 going in right…?

Remove everyone but Mardek and BAM you can enter with only him.

Flag Post

yeah, but how? sorry to be noob but ive got zero idea

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure you use it like a regular potion. You click on the potion in your inventory, then drag it over to the character and then pick on their body. Then the game allows you to walk off the pier and into the lake.

And please don’t use the word “noob”; it’s offensive. We prefer to be called “Experience-Challenged”.

Flag Post

Use it on yourself from the Equipment screen. Have you ever cured Poison with Antidotes outside of battle? Same here.

Flag Post

You could simply put them into the save crystal inventory, and ask for more potions (fastest way of getting them).

Flag Post

You can go anywhere aqualunged as long you don’t touch the save crystal.I gone to the gem mines then warped to lake qur without touching the save crystal and it turned out i only needed 4 oxyale.