Has anyone killed a security demon?

25 posts

Flag Post

from the warport

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Yes, but no pix. It’s not that hard, just have Sharla spam Null Air, have Mardek spam Morality Block, and throw a Noxbomb or two to poison it.

If you confuse it and it casts Death on itself, moreso.

Flag Post

That’s the way I beat the Security Demon too.

The poison effect from the Noxious Bombs are what really win the fight, ripping off 3,000+HP per turn, so no need to throw a second Noxious Bomb until the first one’s poison has wore off.

Flag Post

Noxious Bomb + Death = Win.

Flag Post

How good is the exp it gives?
Is it worth it?
Does it give you an encyclopedia entry?

Flag Post

It gives you a lot of experience, but it won’t be added into your encyclopedia.
So you don’t have to worry about missing him when you get your golden warport ticket.

Flag Post

Seciurity Deamon appears when you use warport and at seciurity check you answer wrong at question (you will say you want to killl someone or you are a terrorist). When you kill seciurity daemon you get golden warport ticket, you dont need to pay for travel and answer to questions anymore.

Flag Post

It took me over an hour and it NEVER cast death on it self. I just had to poison it and wait for that to kill him.

Flag Post

I wish you could fight it multiple times, Gloria went from 13-18 after I killed it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by JBirdman:

That’s the way I beat the Security Demon too.

The poison effect from the Noxious Bombs are what really win the fight, ripping off 3,000+HP per turn, so no need to throw a second Noxious Bomb until the first one’s poison has wore off.

Same but didn’t think to use a nox bomb so I just used Sharla and Donovan’s poison reaction from the stingsticks instead. And for the amount of xp, don’t know the exact amount but my Mardek went from 26 to halfway to 28, and the others jumped a good 3 or 4 themselves.

Flag Post

I used a diferent tactic. Morality block + null air until its mana ends, and then fire him with gloria for str 0. Easy then =P

Flag Post

Yeah I just threw a noxious bomb and he cast death immediately after. Still wiped out everyone but Mardek with his first attack though.

Flag Post

I did it with solo Mardek, It only gave me 1 level. (I was level 19 when I battled it.)

Flag Post

The demon has a Death resistance of 100%….I confused it with a noxious bomb and it casted death on itself 3 times in a row and they all missed…how unlucky.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaosud:

The demon has a Death resistance of 100%….I confused it with a noxious bomb and it casted death on itself 3 times in a row and they all missed…how unlucky.

I don’t think there is such a thing as “Death resistance”. I think the Death spell is just really innaccurate.

Flag Post

ther’s no death resistance, the skull is zombification resistance

Flag Post

And the other thing is Curse resistance.

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s possible, and I had a lot of fun trying to do it without using Sharla or Donovan. You get a ton of XP and a Golden Warport Pass (so you can’t kill it twice), but it doesn’t go in the Bestiary, so it’s really only if you want to get the XP boost/inner knowledge that you pwn.

The dialogue of the guy who had it attack you after you kill it is kinda funny too.

Flag Post

Anyone cares to quote that dialogue? I already have a golden warport ticket so I can’t try for myself, and I don’t really want to start over. So, thanks. :)

Flag Post

The security demon gives the fourth highest base experience (10,000), just behind the King of Goznor (15,000) and on par with each elemental guardian. Killing him at an early level gives a pretty significant, and easy, boost to your level. (http://www.goznor.com/monsters.php?id=134)

When killed, the security personnel says:
“Oh. Uh. That’s not good. Hmm! Uh, okay then, sir! You can go through and do whatever terrorist activities you like! Go on. Knock yourself out. Please? Since clearly our security can’t! Uh… please proceed to the portal! We won’t bother you again!”

Flag Post

You can battle him twice. Unless it doesnt let you, because its a key item, just dont pick up the golden warport ticket!

Flag Post
Originally posted by rosate:

You can battle him twice. Unless it doesnt let you, because its a key item, just dont pick up the golden warport ticket!

Uh, no. That’s stupid. You can’t do that. Plot items are automatically picked up, because if they weren’t people would complain that they forgot to pick up the Serpent’s Crest (or any plot item) and can’t finish the game.

Flag Post

You would not have it so easy if the Security Demon ever used its physical attack. That`s why the Bone Demon fight is actually harder…

Flag Post

The Bone Demon is harder. Because it rarely uses Death. ON ITSELF!!!

Flag Post

I figured out that it casts death a lot more when you have just one person alive. So good luck.