How to defeat Fire Guardian? page 2

30 posts

Flag Post

actually the iversion spells so 100 times your resistence level. so if you have 50% resistence, then he will do 500 damage. and even with the ballad of balance that would just mean that it damages all character 4 times. so either way it is all based on luck. i lowered solaar’s fire resistence to equip torquoise and iversion killed my whole party, whereas with 2 fire pendants he only killed 1 character(sadly elwyen). i only beat the fire guardian once and that was because i did a very lucky guess at when he would do inversion and i used null fire. so good luck

Originally posted by Procyonpi:
Originally posted by Remembamehah:
Originally posted by DarthKitty:
Originally posted by Galaga1971:

You need the Null Fire Once spell and Fire Pendants or Rings and everyone to resist or absorb the big mass fire spells. You should do the water temple first though. I found the fire temple first and couldn’t kill the boss either even with the water spells on the mage. Once you complete the water temple you should have a fish sword for Mardek that does kick ass water damage. Everyone else can heal or lob cold water at him. Easy that way. Just make sure that you heal up straight after the fight – then head north pick up the crystal and then it’s fighting time again!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT ABSORB FIRE WHEN FIGHTING THE FIRE GUARDIAN!!!
Similarly, DO NOT ABSORB WATER WHEN FIGHTING THE WATER GUARDIAN!!!
And, of course, DO NOT ABSORB EARTH WHEN FIGHTING THE EARTH GUARDIAN!!!
Otherwise, their inversions will be a 1-hit KO.

The interesting thing about this is that, if my characters dont absorb/resist the element [in this case the water guardian] it 1-hits everybody with Tsunami…so I cant exactly figure out what to do.

ABSORB is resistance over 100%

The best way to go with the guardians is to equip their respective elemental pendants and the m (element) – 50% reaction it gives. That way, Tsunami / raging inferno / earthquake do NO damage, but inversion still only does 50% of your health.

Flag Post

Is this bump necessary?

Flag Post

This guy’s stuck on fire guardian? He (assuming) is gonna love the battle following them.
Do the water temple first, or do what I did.
1.Gather your allies, except for Legion and Zach.
2.Get materials for the Oxyale
3.Do the fire temple, but ignore the guardian for now
4.You should be good enough to cut through the water temple after 99% of fire temple
5.Water Guardian
6.Fire Guardian
7.The previously mentioned fight after the fire guardian, in which you need to look at the 200 other Mardek help threads.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chimto:

Is this bump necessary?

Flag Post

I have found an amazing strategy, You must have : scarab of healing, speedy potion, fishslayer, a mirrilixir and a few figjuices, Here it is. Use the mirrilixir first, then next turn use the speedy potion (I forgot to mention put these all on mardek) use heal as you need it. For all the other turns for the other characters I recommend really cold water. The other playable characters don’t come into play. And once the effects are both on, spam water slash and there you have it.. :)