Meraeador's Arena

18 posts

Flag Post

So right now, I’m working on my last solo arena, Meraeador. He is my lowest character, level 24. Currentlty equipped: hermal Spanner, Night Jacket, Scoping Lens, Rainbow Disk, and something else that increases the power of fire (For Thermal Spanner, but I will change this…). I HAVE defeated Karnos, but NOT Animus, so I DON’T have the Scarab of Protection. My question is, what inventions should I give Meraeador for his solo? I only have his Thermal Spanner, but I have all of the items needed to make any of his inventions. So what two inventions should I have on him? As far as items go, I have plenty of elemental throwables and Chocolate Milk. Just wondering, and thanks in advance.

Flag Post

I used the Sleep-O-Matic and Flamethrower in the arena. Also Animus isn’t that hard. Equip Mardek with Scarab of Fury, Night Jacket, Rainbow Disc and Rainbow Aura and (maybe) Glyph Shield and he’s screwed. With the Night Jacket, Rainbow Disc, Rainbow Aura and Scarab of Protection, the enemies (almost) cannot do anything. Remember to equip Locquacity from the Sorcerer’s Soul so that the Blue Souls can’t silence him.

Flag Post

- Cursed beret (protects from dark, mshield/pshield – HELPS A LOT)
- flamethrower (just because the protection from fire)
- gas-o-matic (protection from poison – almost useless slot xD)
- emerald bangle (protects from earth)
- saphire bangle (protects from water)
(you can change one of this for the yellow fairy if you have it)
- yalortian robe (protects from light and from dark)

You will not be able to use any of your weapons, but it does nor matter after all. Your protections will turn you into a protective shell, so you kill everybody with elemental explosion potions. Don’t forget to buy some chocolate milk too.

Easy as pie.

Flag Post

I Used the Drill-O-Matic and Flamethrower. Flame was an awesome nuke and immune-to-fire enemies got Drilled.i used the hp scarab and the yellow fairy,and the default equip too. And the chocmilks did the rest

Flag Post

@Chimto: I tried that strategy about five times before giving up. For some reason, the only element of vortex he used against that setup is Thauma, which can’t be resisted and always killed me on the spot. At one point he used it on his first turn, causing me to remark “oh, come on!” out loud. Then I tried a modified version of the strategy I used against Karnos: using Elwyen’s Runic Rhapsody combined with Solaar’s Spirit Graft. Karnos could still damage me with this setup, (both by physical attacks and confusion status) so I had to use plenty of Fairy Dust from Legion, but Animus can’t, so I just let Legion lie down for a while after he was killed, and then killed again because I was stupid enough to revive him when he wasn’t useful. Anyway, after Elwyen was at 100 spirit giving me 100% Magic damage reduction, I revived Legion and started using Fig element Gemsplosion combined with Solaar using Spirit Graft to boost his fairly pitiful spirit stat. Of course, as long as you can deal 200 damage per turn with Mardek, Solaar and your other non-Elwyen character per round (since his haste gives him two turns that each allow a regen of 100 HP) you’ll eventually win with this strategy. Oh, and the Astral Wanderer’s Garb was on Elwyen, which meant she slightly absorbed Aether, which really helped.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForceofLight:

@Chimto: I tried that strategy about five times before giving up. For some reason, the only element of vortex he used against that setup is Thauma, which can’t be resisted and always killed me on the spot. At one point he used it on his first turn, causing me to remark “oh, come on!” out loud. Then I tried a modified version of the strategy I used against Karnos: using Elwyen’s Runic Rhapsody combined with Solaar’s Spirit Graft. Karnos could still damage me with this setup, (both by physical attacks and confusion status) so I had to use plenty of Fairy Dust from Legion, but Animus can’t, so I just let Legion lie down for a while after he was killed, and then killed again because I was stupid enough to revive him when he wasn’t useful. Anyway, after Elwyen was at 100 spirit giving me 100% Magic damage reduction, I revived Legion and started using Fig element Gemsplosion combined with Solaar using Spirit Graft to boost his fairly pitiful spirit stat. Of course, as long as you can deal 200 damage per turn with Mardek, Solaar and your other non-Elwyen character per round (since his haste gives him two turns that each allow a regen of 100 HP) you’ll eventually win with this strategy. Oh, and the Astral Wanderer’s Garb was on Elwyen, which meant she slightly absorbed Aether, which really helped.

Don’t use Shields, M. Shields, Regen, Haste, etc. and he won’t do it.

Flag Post

You must have haste, that decreases the chance he cast Energy Vortex Thauma. He’ll try Delay Buster instead. Which deals Air damage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bouldergiest100:
Originally posted by ForceofLight:

Don’t use Shields, M. Shields, Regen, Haste, etc. and he won’t do it.

I didn’t have shields or regen, and haste only makes him use delay buster, but the haste/berserk item is a vital part of the strategy. Without haste and berserk, it wouldn’t actually be possible to outdamage his regen once he has the barrier up. So the solo strategy is fundamentally flawed. In all honesty, I think the game was updated since the strategy was written so that Animus actually chooses the element of his vortexes more intelligently, thus making it so that you actually need more than one person fighting animus to have a chance, which, giving the storyline background, only makes sense.

EDIT: Also, my strategy probably has a higher success rate anyway, even if it takes a bit longer. On top of that, if you do lose with my strategy, it’s in the first few turns, not when he’s nearly dead, as happened to me twice with the solo strategy.

Flag Post

What? You solo’d him?

Flag Post

According to the Tvtropes article, people have soloed Animus.

Flag Post

But why solo him?

Flag Post

Hello? You just soloed the toughest boss in the game. The bragging rights are more than enough.

Flag Post

Karnos is harder (in my opinion). Anyone has solo’d him?

Flag Post
Originally posted by chimto:

But why solo him?

Why do anything that is not absolutely necessary to complete the game? The Arenas, Karnos, Animus, and many others are not necessary to complete the game, yet people still do it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phoyphoy:

But why solo him?

Why do anything that is not absolutely necessary to complete the game? The Arenas, Karnos, Animus, and many others are not necessary to complete the game, yet people still do it.

Because we are completionists. You aren’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phoyphoy:

But why solo him?

Because we are completionists. You aren’t.

no because we want have the chance to brag to others of our accomplishments

Flag Post

Oh man. I just defeated Animus, and I found a surefire way to do it.
Team: Mardek, Elwyen, Gloria, Solaar.
Equip the strongest weapons for the other three.
Give Mardek his strongest sword, the Astral Wanderer’s Garb, The Rainbow Disc, a Glyph shield, the Scarab of Health. Have him equip Quarry: Spirit, the Resist Aether, the Rainbow Aura, and other necessary stats.
On entering the battle, Give Solaar a Speedy Juice. Use the move to transform into Aether form on the first turn, then Spirit Graft Elwyen. Have Gloria cat Null Air on the party (to negate Delay Buster) then have Mardek give Gloria a Speedy Juice, so she can do more Nulls and even a Twister or two (to lower it’s speed.) If Animus negates Solaar’s Astral Form, keep on transforming and spirit graft Elywen until she is at 100 SPR (alternatively, you could use Gloria to bring it’s SPR to zero using Whirlpool, so negating any damage.) Remember to ALWAYS use Null Air to recover the Null Air status, else your Haste and ten agility points will go away. Once you can no longer get damage, use Solaar to increase Gloria’s SPR (remembering to top off Elywen if Animus uses Ion Storm to lower your SPR.) Use MP recovering items to get Solaar’s MP back up, or Spirit Graft himself a few times. You can give Mardek a Speedy Juice to enhance his turns, but basically he is a backup for Gloria if Animus uses Rainbow Nulls. Basically, an easy fight, if you know what to do and how to do it.

Oh, and always remember to train if you do not have any mastered stats, like the Resist Spell. It came in handy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gamr101:

Oh man. I just defeated Animus, and I found a surefire way to do it.
Team: Mardek, Elwyen, Gloria, Solaar.
Equip the strongest weapons for the other three.
Give Mardek his strongest sword, the Astral Wanderer’s Garb, The Rainbow Disc, a Glyph shield, the Scarab of Health. Have him equip Quarry: Spirit, the Resist Aether, the Rainbow Aura, and other necessary stats.
On entering the battle, Give Solaar a Speedy Juice. Use the move to transform into Aether form on the first turn, then Spirit Graft Elwyen. Have Gloria cat Null Air on the party (to negate Delay Buster) then have Mardek give Gloria a Speedy Juice, so she can do more Nulls and even a Twister or two (to lower it’s speed.) If Animus negates Solaar’s Astral Form, keep on transforming and spirit graft Elywen until she is at 100 SPR (alternatively, you could use Gloria to bring it’s SPR to zero using Whirlpool, so negating any damage.) Remember to ALWAYS use Null Air to recover the Null Air status, else your Haste and ten agility points will go away. Once you can no longer get damage, use Solaar to increase Gloria’s SPR (remembering to top off Elywen if Animus uses Ion Storm to lower your SPR.) Use MP recovering items to get Solaar’s MP back up, or Spirit Graft himself a few times. You can give Mardek a Speedy Juice to enhance his turns, but basically he is a backup for Gloria if Animus uses Rainbow Nulls. Basically, an easy fight, if you know what to do and how to do it.

Oh, and always remember to train if you do not have any mastered stats, like the Resist Spell. It came in handy.

Easier way, get that inventor, legion and gloria, let the inventor use potion spray haste so your whole party gets haste, let gloria do null air so delay buster deals no damage, regen also is usefull if you have that potion, after that let him repair legion 24/7, let legion gemplosion him (You must wear a fig gemstome), and let mardek heal/revive if needed.
Don’t forget to equip astral warders thingy that increases your aether resist, viola. piece of cake.