Suggestions for MARDEK 4

456 posts

Flag Post

Before all, I must state that I do NOT expect any of these to be added to the fourth or any other chapter of MARDEK RPG. I just have some ideas, most likely none of them will be added; but I post them because perhaps someone likes them. I don’t even know how difficult this programming is, so I just want to serve with ideas and not to force the Developer in any way to include them.
I never write exact numbers for chances as I can’t know what would be good for game balance.

- Repetition (Physical and Magical Attack Reaction): Name explains. User would have to repeat the attack immediately, regardless of turn order.
- Gift of Magic (Physical and Magical Attack Reaction): User would have a chance to ignore the magic point cost of the skill.
- Sanity: Action skill. Would remove Confusion and Berserk.
- Uncanny Heal (Physical and Magical Defence Reaction): Would have a chance to cast an instant heal after taking a hit.
- Counterattack: Known from Chapter III, would be good to allies – I mean, with a chance as well.
- Burning Mana (some name is required – Action Skill): Damages the target each turn. Damage is based on the number of Magic Points the target spent that turn.
- Mana Shield (Physical and Magical Defence Reaction): Would have a chance that the enemy’s damage will reduce the Magic Points instead of Hit Points.

Notes:
- FIRST! I know that these would be very unconventional and thus I suppose they’d be very difficult to program. I believe they won’t be added because of that, and they’re not necessary, though.
- Repetition would be, I think, especially deadly with Crescendo Slash.
- Sanity would be actually very nice, as Berserk is pretty much like curse but it’s uncurable without damaging the ally, and there’s nothing more annoying than having the spellcasters berserked who actually can’t be healed.

Flag Post

It seems to me that a lot of these would be overpowered. Repetition, for example, is +100% damage; the largest we’ve seen so far is +30%. Gift of Magic sounds good, but the percent chance would need to be fairly low. I could definitely see Sanity becoming a skill. Uncanny Heal could work, but, again, on a low chance. I think that someone will get CounterAttack , just based on the number of enemies who had the ability, but it could easily work against you (Say Donovan is attacked by a Fire Elemental). Burning Mana sounds ok, but I would be more interested in directly attacking the enemy’s mana points. The mana shield would have to work with a steep ratio; Each 100 points of damage soaks up one mana, and the mana shield should have a 50% chance to fail.
My two cents.

Flag Post

Well, | 30% is the biggest solo skill we’ve seen. Combined, we’ve seen | 60% (10 | 20 | 30%). If something like repetition were added, it would probably have an RP cost of 30 | (max RP is 49 if max level is 99).

Flag Post

The way to balance a reaction like Repetition is to make it like the Evasion/Magic Resistance abilities.

So you might have Repetition 20%, which only gives you the extra attack 1/5 of the time, (resulting in a 20% increase in damage overall).

Flag Post

Sorry, a typo in repetition – I thought that so that there’d be a chance to repeat the attack. How about that?
Anyway, it’s not that important – it’d be perhaps good but not necessary.
Fig and Thauma elemental spells would be certainly nice. Only Legion could use them. Let’s carry on making simple ideas.

Also, some others:
- Slowstrike: Physical Attack Reaction. Has 10% chance to remove Haste (10% because Degeneration also has 10%).
- Mind Flay: Active Skill. Fig elemental magic attack which would reduce SPR (and perhaps MDEF, like Thought Pulse).
- Mana Flare: Active skill. Would take a lot of MP, but would destroy a high percentage of the mana of the enemy, and inflict a damage proportional to the destroyed mana.
- Solar Flare: I know, it’s not new, but it could inflict Blindness.
- Lunar Flare: Like Solar Flare, but would not inflict Blindness but Confusion.
- Invigorate: With less healing of course, would be a good idea (in Chapter III it was used by Karnos). I guess Solaar could make good use of it.
- Astral Burst: Would be good for Solaar, who could have Aether elemental damaging spell now.
- Mass Shields and perhaps Mass Regen for Mardek would come handy sometimes.

Flag Post

What I would like to see is forging similar to Deliverance. Then again, that is more unlikely then Mardek Killing himself and Gloria taking his role.
ALSO: Why the hell did you bump a forum as old as this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Piemonkey:

What I would like to see is forging similar to Deliverance. Then again, that is more unlikely then Mardek Killing himself and Gloria taking his role.

Enh, I was on holiday and I started the topic before it… I now replied to everyone who replied to me then.
Forging would be nice, but it has only one problem, it wouldn’t fit to the MARDEK universe too much… How could a magic staff or a wand be upgraded? Well… Anyway, I was just thinking about skills.

Flag Post

Yay,another attack:

Rage Strike:10% chance of hit,always hit all enemies for 9999,takes out all mana

Things like the fiend hunter of FFX-2.an particular example of FFX-2’s Fiend hunter skill

Shell Cracker:Deal quadruple damage to helms-like enemies
Dismantler:Deal quadruple damage to machina(Machines,that’s it) like-enemies
Demon Muzzle:Deal quadruple damage to demon-like enemies

So it could be like

Human Bust:deal quadruple damage to human-like enemies
Lightfall:Deal quadruple damage to light-elemental enemies
Darkcut:Deal quadruple damage to dark-elemental enemies
Mindbreaker:Deal quadruple damage to fig-elemental enemies

And so on

oh,and also:

Power/Mind Buster:Lowers SPR and STR of character using it and enemy hit by 10.If characters misses,it either
1-Reduces the spr and str of character normally
2-Reduces the spr and str of character by 20
All-Buster:Lowers SPR,STR,ALG,DEF and MDEF by 10,instantly kills character using it(RISKY AS HELL!)

Coming soon more :D

Flag Post
quadruple damage to [whatever]

Um, won’t that make basically every attack be 9999? Where’s the fun of that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frostguard:

Enh, I was on holiday and I started the topic before it… I now replied to everyone who replied to me then.
Forging would be nice, but it has only one problem, it wouldn’t fit to the MARDEK universe too much… How could a magic staff or a wand be upgraded? Well… Anyway, I was just thinking about skills.

what are you talking about? a bit of forging is in the game.2 potions can be combined in gloria’s place to create 1 better potion,and a rune shield+a M(?) runestone will create a rune shield +

Flag Post
Originally posted by Makilio:

should i change it to status aliments of that,or double damage?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Star_Player:

what are you talking about? a bit of forging is in the game.2 potions can be combined in gloria’s place to create 1 better potion,and a rune shield+a M(?) runestone will create a rune shield +

You’ve never played Deliverance, have you? In Deliverance you could custom make your own weapons using different parts using forges. It also had spell forging, where you could make your own spells out of regents. (You can still play Deliverance on fighunter.com, but it was never completed and ends half way through the plot.)

Also, there already are attacks/reactions that do extra damage to certain targets (ex: the Quarry: Human reaction does 50% extra damage to humans), but quadruple damage seems like too much…

Flag Post

Well, we already have Quarry: [whatever] reactions, which does 150% to certain to the specified type of enemy, and I think any more would be overkill, as I can easily reach close to 5k damage with the right set-up.

And what do you mean by status ailments?

Flag Post

Well, we already have Quarry: [whatever] reactions, which does 150% to certain to the specified type of enemy, and I think any more would be overkill, as I can easily reach close to 5k damage with the right set-up.

And what do you mean by status ailments?

oh,sorry,I’m accustumed with the name.Poison,Confuse,Slow,and more

Flag Post
Originally posted by XXXXZ:

You’ve never played Deliverance, have you? In Deliverance you could custom make your own weapons using different parts using forges. It also had spell forging, where you could make your own spells out of regents. (You can still play Deliverance on fighunter.com, but it was never completed and ends half way through the plot.)

Also, there already are attacks/reactions that do extra damage to certain targets (ex: the Quarry: Human reaction does 50% extra damage to humans), but quadruple damage seems like too much…

yeah,but what if everyone could use it?

Flag Post

I know what it means, but I don’t understand what you’re saying by changing the skill to it, like it inflicts that ailment? Because I know we have one for Poison, and I’m pretty sure there’s a few more.

Flag Post

I know what it means, but I don’t understand what you’re saying by changing the skill to it, like it inflicts that ailment? Because I know we have one for Poison and I’m pretty sure there’s a few more.

Yeah,pretty much it.

Flag Post

some abilities
stepgoldmaker(passive):gain 1 gold for step
call for battle(passive):5%more chanche for battle
venoumous spikes(reaction):attackers get poison
necrosys(active):phys attack zombify 10%of time
big slash(active):on phys attacks damage is distribuited among all enemies
vengeance(reaction):if damaged next turn 50%more attack
counterspell(reaction):cast a spell if hit
big mind(passive):(cant be learned;only from a special object)50%more RP
auto(status)(passive):auto trigger that ability
golden gold bar(passive):gain 10 gold every time you hit the reaction bar right.
silencing spell(active):spells have 10%chance to silence

and more and more are coming in my mind!

Flag Post
Originally posted by silux:

some abilities
golden gold bar(passive):gain 10 gold every time you hit the reaction bar right.

wtf? you would gain gold for each step,with call for battle,20% more chance of going into battle and 4 gold each step would make you a gold god.pretty much. (GALORT)

Flag Post

I think there should be shops that restock after a certain number of in-game hours. They would sell a large variety of items. (Just like the pedlars in Aeropils) Any items the shop has in stock will be gone when the shop restocks. The shop will have random items (No plot or unique items) in varied amounts whenever it restocks. The amount of a certain item will be pre-determined. For example: If the shop gets silver ore, it will have 1-3 pieces of it.

Flag Post

Most posts in this topic have horrible grammar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chimto:

Most posts in this topic have horrible grammar.

Well, thanks for your constructive criticism, optimism, detailed explanations, and helpfulness… Do you have any other enlightening statments to make?

Flag Post
Originally posted by silux:

some abilities

Here’s a problem – some things react to spells..so you react to their attack…so they attack you…so you cast a spell…so they attack you…etc.

Flag Post

Ehmm, I brought today’s portion of ideas. I still think that they won’t be added, which is of course not a problem (perhaps it’d make the game worse by destroying game balance). They’re mostly too extreme, anyway.

- Whirlwind Strike: Either Action skill or Physical Reaction skill. Has a chance to hit a random second enemy with physical attack. Or certainly hit another but with reduced power. I don’t know, and it doesn’t matter.
- Haste: Not new, but would be nice to see…
- Enslave: Take control completely over the chosen enemy (most likely Fig elemental, and of course, could be resisted).
- Prismic Lightning: Action Skill, Thauma Elemental – would deal magical damage to a single enemy, element would be chosen randomly.
- Prismic Storm: The same but with mass effect.
- Chaos: Affects all creatures in combat or all enemies. Would be totally erratic and could either inflict massive damage (random element), cancel their buffs or make negative status effects on them, but could heal them, buff them and remove status effects on them as well. Of course, only one to each enemy.
- Altered Element: Physical and Magical Defence reaction: Would have a chance to alter the element of the incoming attack to the element of the defender, presumably reducing its damage or even turning it to heal.

Flag Post

I have some idea for enemies and allies but some of these might be a little extreme so most likely not gonna make it past you people’s judgement…

-Raining Gold: Hits all enemies with a shower of gold (ouch!) adds Adds 5% (30% chance), 10% (20% chance) , 15% (15% chance), 20% (5% chance) more gold gain at end of battle, or even could take alway 30% of gold gain from loot (30% chance)
-Energy Prism: deflects an attack to a random target, ally or enemy 60% chance of working. Also maybe a 10% chance of changing element?
-1337 Second Time Travel: completely starts the battle over, loses all exp gain from the battle, your HP goes to the way it was at start of battle, status effects as well, and if possible take away time from the total game timer as well?
-Mirror Move: somehow uses same skill, weapon and atk reaction as enemy that attacked last, DOES NOT use same str/spr and atk/m-atk stats as enemy
-Berlin Wall:makes a wall that prevents you and allies from attacking enemy and enemy from attacking you, last 3 turns – Note: spells are aloud
-Mana Generator: regens mana, it’s like normal regen except it’s a spell that gives mana regen instead
-Thauma Magnet (like Berlin Wall): Prevents spells from being used for 3 turns
-Equalizer: everybodies HP, MP. states, and resists are added up and split evenly among allies AND enemies everybody full Health, full Mana and same states, this one makes it the user only gets half HP, Mana and states are everything is split up (70% chance of success, 30% chance random ally dies)
-Sacrifice: Ally with most HP dies and random enemy takes damage equal to ally’s max HP x3, good for bosses and cost 30 mana?
-Life trade: a dead ally revives with 50% of HP and MP but the strongest enemy regains 30% of HP and MP, 50% of HP and MP and revive if it already died
-Wall Collapse: bricks fall on all enemies and break any shields up
BOOM YEAH!112112: Instantly kills all enemies 5% success rate if user has 60% or more of max HP, 7% success rate if he/she has 30% or more of max HP, 10% success rate if he/she has 10% of max HP and 50% success rate if user has EXACTLY 1 HP left XD cost 50 mana per use
Mana duplication: creates clone of user, same states, HP, MP equipment etc. cost 50 mana
Subzero: D.O.T. spell (damage over time). EVERYBODY loses 5% of max HP every turn last till end of battle
Darkness: the battle screen turns darker and everybody (enemies included) has an 20% evasion increase
Final stand: if user has 10% or more of max HP heals 20% of max HP, if less then 10% of max HP heals 30% of max HP and casts Lightning, Bubble and Flame at random enemies, if 1% of HP left 70% HP heal and casts Thunderstorm, Tsunami, and Raging Inferno (2 of the 3) cost 50 MP
Yaltore’s Blessing: All enemies get hit by green lightning, Spr and Str are halved and an allies regain all mana (cost 50% of user’s current HP)

WOW, that was pretty long but took me less then 5 minutes to come up with, hope you like these ideas! :D