MARDEK RPG Unofficial Walkthrough

23 posts

Flag Post

This is the forum page for an unofficial walkthrough for the epic Flash game made by Pseudolonewolf! I will make parts for the chapters. 1 post will be one part. So, enjoy!

Chapter One: A Fallen Star

First they show off a scene about a fortress haunted by a dragon and anyone who ventures will get killed. The dragon is holding a princess captive. After the scene, you will meet our two heroes, Mardek and Deugan! They are the guys going to save the princess and slay the dragon! Deugan will tell Mardek(and of course you)about the controls.

Part 1:The Dragon’s Lair
You finally get to control the heroes. In this first room, go to the save crystal if you need to(why so soon?). Well, the only beast we can put into our bestiary are the "Monster"s that live here. They are like, the only enemy that are not bosses or mini-bosses, well go to the next room by going up the door in the north. Deugan will tell you about the reaction system. Anyways, a Monster may drop a “Monster Fang” which would probably be useless Monsters may also Blind you, so use Mardek’s Recover. In the next room, head straight up to the next room. In this next room, you have left and right to go, both of them lead to the same place. Just pick one. At the end of the room, save at the crystal if you want, then enter the next room. Go through the narrow path until you reach the end and then you meet THE DRAGON!!!
Engage in battle after the scene.

Boss: The Dragon

Plan:
Deugan: Since the Dragon resists Deugan’s elemental attacks, I suggest you use his normal attack.
Mardek: Use Holy Smite to weaken the Dragon by A LOT. Use Recover if you need to.
Other: If Mardek runs out of MP, use the elixirs you have, besides, they will disappear after this part.

Dragon’s Abilities:
Dark Claw
Thunderbolt
Fire Breath

After the battle, you should have rescued the princess already.

Flag Post

I admire your determination and laugh at your absentmindedness.

(if you haven’t got it yet, there’s a MARDEK forum just down the scrollbar and a MARDEK official walkthrough made by the dev himself.)

Flag Post

This is an Unofficial Walkthrough, filled with information like all treasure chests, or unlocking skills etc. This is to help people or give them a 100% completed game, but this is all I could come up with for Part 1.

Credits:
Squadguy86 for posting this walkthrough
Kongregate for letting us post games and more
And most of all, Pseudolonewolf for making the MARDEK RPG series.

Flag Post

Because, you know, people shouldn’t have to figure out a game on their own…

And, also… The first like… 1-2 battles doesn’t constitute a walkthrough.

Kthxbai.

Flag Post

To be honest the 1st chapter is so short and easy it doesnt really need a walkthrough and if someone wants a walkthrough there is the official one made by pseudolonewolf on kongregate

Flag Post

If any of you find things like optional quests, and boss/mini-boss abilities, please PM me so that I can post it on my walkthrough.

Flag Post

So the Dragon needz a strategy? And this belongs to the MARDEK 3 forums. Not General Gaming.

Flag Post

Mardek 3? This is supposed to not be in Mardek Chapter 3…..

Flag Post

Part 2 1/3: End of Adventure

After the Dragon Battle, your heroes now change into kids. But that doesn’t matter. Afterwards, go into the house in the corner. Now, all treasure chests on my walkthroughs are optional, so if ya don’t want’em just skip’em. There will be a treasure chest in this little house. It contains 3 potions, so that would be your starting item arsenal. Exit the house and exit the area from the south. Go back to Goznor, Mardek’s hometown. There’s a save crystal in front of you once you enter. Enter the city go to the western part of the town. Find 2 houses in a corner and enter the first one from the left. Deugan will tell you that he’s going home. Afterwards, enter the house and you will find your mom. She will ask you about how did your “adventure” go. Choose one and then she will tell you about your dad. Go upstairs and go to sleep. this part is short, but the next part is kinda long, so please don’t get mad at me.

Flag Post

Part 2 2/3: Pipes Collector(Optional)
Deugan will wake you up in the morning. And he tells you that he saw a UFO crash down to Belfan. Exit your house, and head to the northwest corner of Goznor. Enter the house, or barracks they say. Go to the back of the barracks and you will find quite some treasure chests. From left to right, the first one has 1 Potion, second is another Potion, third is gain, another Potion, and fourth, as we all expect, once again, a Potion. Exit the barracks and go to the northeast corner if the town and find an ordinary house. Enter it and speak to the man there. He will give you a quest to go gather some LeadPipes in the Sewers. Just accept it. Exit the house and go through the norrow tree path near you. You will find a ladder going down. You should stock up on antidotes before going, because you would face some fumerats, which can poison you with it’s “Infect” ability. But they can occasionally drop some antidotes. Once inside, take the left passage first. There will be two ways here, north or south. Take the south. At the end of the path, you should find a treasure chest containing 5 antidotes. Backtrack to the main square and take the south passage. Wait just a second! Here are some skills you can level up for these guys.The number next to the skill means the maximum point level, except the ones for example, DMG+1. The maximum point level will be 2 spaces from the last letter/number of the skill.

Mardek:
Strike 5
Huff-Puff 5
DMG+1 5
Block 5

Deugan:
Strike 5
Huff-Puff 5
DMG+1 5
Block 5

We’re know back to our game. Follow the south passage through until you reach a fork in the path. Take the left one to find 74 gold. Backtrack to the fork then take the right passage. At the end are two treasure chests. One with 2 Potions, and the other with a CopperRing. Equip it to one of your guys. Go all the way back to the entrance and exit the sewers. Go back to the house and turn in your quest. You will recieve a Cog Necklace, which protects the wearer from “Sleep”. If you’re playing the KONGREGATE version, you should recieve the Rat Farmer Badge if you did the quest before heading toward Soothwood.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Squadguy86:

Mardek 3? This is supposed to not be in Mardek Chapter 3…..

Why?

Flag Post

This is about all the chapters, not just centered in one chapter.

Flag Post

I can’t wait for the 3rd chapter. It’s going to take 4 posts just for chapter 1 which is roughly 15 minutes of play time. Chapter 3 is roughly 30 hours, so a little bit of maths shows that it will take 120 posts.

I wish you good luck, sir.

Flag Post

This is about all the chapters, not just centered in one chapter.

So then it would include chapter 3?

Flag Post

It would, but I don’t think there’s any specific forum that is named MARDEK or something, excluding for example, chapter one, or chapter two in its title.

Flag Post

Part 2 3/3: Search for the Fallen Star
Equip the Cog Necklace to one of your guys. Whoever you equip the necklace will automatically get the ability “Insomnia”.

Insomnia 40

Exit the town and head toward Soothwood. Go through the forest until you reach the first fork. Take the right path to find a treasure chest with a Potion. Take the left path this time until you reach another fork. Take the other path leading south to find a chest with a potion. Go back to the fork and take the top path leading east for another Potion. Now go back to the fork and take the southeast path. You will find a house and another path. If you want to save, enter the house. Standing outside the house is a chest. It contains a Potion. Now take the west path. You will be stopped by a creature. Engage in battle.

Mini-Boss: Poshgoblin

Plan:
Mardek and Deugan: Use Strike on every turn. Use Huff-Puff if you need to.
Other: If you run out of MP, use Potions.

Abilities:
Spore Tackle
Money Attack!

After the fight, reach the end of Soothwood and head to “Crash Site”. There’s a save crystal here. Anyways, go through the path and you will be stopped by a kid. His name is Mugbert and he wants the star for him. Engage in battle.

Boss: Mugbert
Mardek and Deugan: Use your normal attack on every turn, since Mugbert misses Strikes a lot. Use Huff-Puff if you need to.
Other: If you run out of MP, use Potions.

Abilities:
Power Attack

After the battle, enter the star. Get close to the corpse in there. You will see a scene of some creature inhabiting your body. His name is Rohoph. His business on Belfan is unkown, but he will grant you healing powers, but not just yet. Anyways, go back to Goznor and go back to your house. Deugan will go home. Go upstairs and save if you need to. Get into bed and a scene will take place. After that scene, there’s another scene about some creatures in a distant place. After the scene you should have completed Chapter One already. If you’re playing the KONGREGATE version, you should be awarded the “Adventure’s Beginning Badge”. Thanks for reading! :)

Flag Post

It would, but I don’t think there’s any specific forum that is named MARDEK or something, excluding for example, chapter one, or chapter two in its title.

The MARDEK 3 forums is actually about the MARDEK series, not just the third chapter.

Flag Post

The walkthrough for MARDEK RPG Chapter 2 may be delayed until evening today becuase of busy schedule.

Flag Post

There are 3 things you need to remember about the entire series, in order to get a 100% complete game at the end of chapter III.

1) USE THE MAP!!! It seriously tells you where everything is. Looking for a hidden treasure chest? USE THE MAP!!! Can’t find an NPC? USE THE MAP!!!

2) Keep EVERYTHING!!! It’ll come in handy later.

3) If you have trouble with any battles/puzzles/where to go next (which shouldn’t happen until midway through chapter III), check the official walkthrough, Fig Hunter Wiki, or the forums.

So really, this isn’t necessary. Thanks for the attempt though!

Flag Post

The walkthrough will be stopped as of now, further walkthrough making will not continue until there are a series of people who want me to go on, at the end of the month, this topic will have to stop completely if there is no encouragement.

Flag Post

This was a good idea, but like they said the map does a lot of the work for you. One thing you coulda done is talk about the characters, best places to level them and such. Though this thing has been abandoned for a long time so I doubt you’ll continue it lol. Like everyone said though you’re good for trying this.

Flag Post

If you are going to make a walkthrough, put it all in a few posts at the top of the first page TOGETHER.

Flag Post

well…
Check www.goznor.com
I think this will tell all about Mardek