GTMC (READ FIRST POST!!!) [150 Pages!]

4250 posts

Flag Post

Special thanks to DarthKitty for the banner, and very special thanks for the rewrite! (Though it’s going to be rewritten all over again! :D)

About:

Guess The MARDEK Character (GTMC) is a guessing game played over several days or weeks at a time. The aim of the game is to guess the correct character by deciphering the Challenger’s clues. Before posting, please read and adhere to the rules (listed below).
This game is not under the ownership of myself, nor has it ever been. You are entitled to reuse or edit this template for your own usage.

How to Play:

There are two roles to play in GTMC: the Challenger, and the Guesser.

The Challenger:

The Challenger is, as the name suggests, the user who supplies the challenge that the Guessers will attempt to solve. You have (almost) absolute control over how you choose to run your challenge, provided that you follow the rules.

Your aim is to stump the Guessers for long enough to get a few bragging rights. To do this, you must post a challenge, starting with one clue and a number of incorrect guesses needed to release the next clue. The clue can be anything – some text, a link, a video, an image, practically anything. However, you must be able to link it to the solution (which you confirm when it is guessed or when the active Guessers surrender).

You remain the challenger until…

1. The correct answer is guessed
  2. The Guessers surrender (refer to the Rules for more details)
  3. You resign (refer to the Rules for more details)
  4. You are inactive (refer to the Rules for more details).

The Guesser:

The Guesser is the person who is attempting to solve the Challenger’s challenge. When you first join GTMC, you automatically become one of the Guessers. You remain one of the Guessers until you crack the challenge or react quickly (refer to the Bill of Inactivity for details).

Your aim is to defeat the Challenger before any other Guessers so to become the Challenger, and receive bragging rights. You can guess anything that is a valid character (refer to the Character Definition for more details), and that, besides conversation (refer to the Conversation Act 2013), is your sole role.

You remain a Guesser until…

1. You guess the correct answer
  2. Another Guesser guesses the correct answer
  3. You join the Blacklist (refer to the Blacklist for details).

ONE GUESS PER HALF HOUR

Ranks:

Every person playing GTMC, be they a Guesser or the Challenger, has a rank. This rank is decided by that person’s activity, or lack thereof. Higher ranks provide some benefits, or rather, one benefit: the ability to guess more often. This is done through a mechanic known as “Guess Points,” or GP for short. GP is gained and lost in several ways:

• You gain 8 GP when the Challenger posts a clue.
  • You gain 2 GP every hour.
  • You gain 2 GP after 3 other Guessers guess.
  • Your GP is set 0 after you guess.

Players:

Regular players have no benefits. A player needs 8 GP to guess.

• All unlisted people who play GTMC.

Very Important Players (VIPs)

VIPs need only 5 GP to guess. Participate a few rounds to become a VIP.

• Darkruler2005
  • supergnashV2
  • Anhelm
  • Exar_Kun
  • FalconAlpha
  • Randomgold
  • tanloony
  • felipe970421
  • muac ∑!
  • Burnyoureyes ∑!

Über Important Players (UIPs)

UIPs need only 3 GP to guess. Becoming a UIP is difficult, and requires persistence, luck, and/or community service to enter.

• Adregun
  • awe862
  • Bananananananana (AKA SAPPHIROS) ∑! Ω!
  • Xionico
  • Chimto
  • Tyki7125: ∑!
  • olidot: ∑!
  • Paladin35

Rulemasters:

Rulemasters also need 3 GP to guess, but deserve special mention for their outstanding devotion. Rulemasters are people who have dedicated lots of time to help improve GTMC, including development of rules, banners, coding, and much more. Because of this, the Rulemasters generally know the GTMC rules like the back of their hand, and will probably inform you if your guess is not valid. Becoming a Rulemaster is nigh-impossible, so don’t get your hopes up. Also, Rule Masters can start Guessing Sprees.

• DarthKitty ∑!

The Game Master:

The creator of GTMC, the almighty Yven! Yven, being the creator of GTMC, needs only 2.95 GP to guess. But, since GP is dealt with in whole numbers, he essentially needs 3 GP, same as the Rulemasters. Yven can also start Guessing Sprees. Yven’s word is as law (only in GTMC though); breaking it will cause you to end up in…

The Blacklist:

The blacklist is the place where people who disregard the rules go. Some horrible punishment will happen to you, if you end up here… To be more specific, your posts will be treated as nonexistent. To join the Blacklist, troll harder! Not that you want to join the Blacklist, mind you…

• TheEmptychild
  • Qbot1

Rules:

There are several rules which must be followed while playing GTMC. If you break these, you’ll end up in the Blacklist.

1. You must always provide a clue, no matter what. People aren’t going to read your mind.
  2. One (1) clue isn’t going to cut it; you must always provide at least two clues. Clues must get easier as the round progresses. See here for more details.
  3. YOU must provide a list of clues and incorrect guesses every X guesses. How many guesses is up to you, but the amount cannot exceed twenty six (26).
  4. One (1) Guess per post. Breaking the GP mechanic counts as making multiple guesses in a single post.
  5. Don’t cheat by looking things up on the wikia or a similar site. Playing MARDEK also counts as cheating.
  6. Don’t put up clues if you are not the challenger, unless rules X or Y apply.
  7. One (1) Sarcastic Guess allowed per round.
  8. If you’re the Challenger, you have sixty (60) hours to respond to a guess. Otherwise, the first person to post clues becomes the Challenger.
  9. No posting a guess which has already been posted.
  10. If, after forty eight (48) hours, the Challenger does not put up a new clue (after reaching the amount stated in their post) the first UIP, Rulemaster, or Game Master to post clues becomes the Challenger.
  11. If the answer is revealed, the first person to post clues becomes the Challenger.
  12. No quoting the challenger.

What Constitutes a Character?

When playing GTMC, it is important to know what counts as a “Character,” and what does not. Here is the current official definition of a “Character,” written by DarthKitty:

Something is considered a “character” if it meets all of the following criteria:

1. A character must have lines in-game.
  2. A character must exist inside the MARDEK series (things from other games in the same universe do not count, such as Deliverance.).
  3. A character must exist outside of battle in some way.
  4. A character must have a unique name (such as “Mardek,” or “Injured Soldier”).

Deities also count as “characters.” Inanimate objects (such as books and save crystals) do not count. People mentioned in books or by NPCs do not count (Lone Wolf and Bernard Stormkiller, for instance, are not characters).

Guessing Sprees:

Guessing Sprees have been suspended until more people become active, or until we come up with a proper definition for one.

Guessing Sprees are the though-children of Bananananananana (a.k.a. SAPPHIROS).

Flag Post

First:

Clue 1:Well…
Clue 2:M.

Flag Post

Is it meareador?(sarcasam)

Flag Post

Most fans will relatively easily find out which character you mean. They’d have to be suspiciously hard to make even fans scratch their heads for a while. The first clue alone made it pretty easy to see you meant Mardek.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Most fans will relatively easily find out which character you mean. They’d have to be suspiciously hard to make even fans scratch their heads for a while. The first clue alone made it pretty easy to see you meant Mardek.

Note

According to the rules, you are now the challlenger, and must(if you want)/can(if you don’t want) post a clue. PLEASE NOTIFY if you don’t want to post a clue as then anyone can.

Note

Flag Post
Originally posted by poidude7:

Is it meareador?(sarcasam)

Yes, that must be it.

Flag Post

question: does it have to ba an important character, or can it be some guy in a random area (that can still be guessed tough)?

Flag Post

I can give a clue, but I’m not sure if many people are interested. This section isn’t too active. Also, I’m sure that many would instantly look at the wiki to search up the answer.

For example, I could give this clue: “Does not create poisonous drinks”, and I’m sure it’s easy enough.

Flag Post

Difficult question only for fans: son of a raped woman

Flag Post
Originally posted by crocodileman94:

Difficult question only for fans: son of a raped woman

Ahem. You are not the challenger… So you can’t post clues yet… You have been warned. Disobey the rules again and you will enter the blacklist.

Also, the asnwer is Steele. Any Crazed fan who talks with absolutelly anyone in the game knows this.

Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I can give a clue, but I’m not sure if many people are interested. This section isn’t too active. Also, I’m sure that many would instantly look at the wiki to search up the answer.

For example, I could give this clue: “Does not create poisonous drinks”, and I’m sure it’s easy enough.

Hhhhm the answer to that clue is… Xantusia’s Leader or something? the name escapes my mind…

New clue, if Darkruler doesn’y really want to post clue(not valid clue yet)

Clue 1: RMRMRMRM.

Flag Post
Does not create poisonous drinks

I say it’s the blatantly evil chancellor, beacon of knowledge and trust of xantusia

Flag Post
Originally posted by drakan:

I say it’s the blatantly evil chancellor, beacon of knowledge and trust of xantusia

No, it’s obviously Meraeador. Again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

No, it’s obviously Meraeador. Again.

I-I-I Do-n-n’t T-t-t-hink S-so.

Flag Post

Is it Mardek?

RMRMRM = Rohoph, Mardek, Rohoph, Mardek… (it does make kind of sense xD)

Flag Post

Legion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by julo:

Is it Mardek?

RMRMRM = Rohoph, Mardek, Rohoph, Mardek… (it does make kind of sense xD)

Well you got the clue right! But no, not Mardek. Another guy.

List of Clues:
RMRMRM

List of Incorrect Guesses:
Mardek
Legion
Deugan
Volcano Shaman
Meraeador

Flag Post

is it Deugan? it feels like deugan :P

Flag Post

uhm…. RMRMRM? it feels like…. idk…. the shaman of the volcano? (:D)

Flag Post
no, not Mardek. Another guy.

pretty sure I’m wrong but…RMRMRM: rohop? the clue applies the same way, but notice the “R” comes first

EDIT: I remered, I know! it’s both moric and rohop, there’s a scene where they say “moric!” “rohop” “MORIC!!” “rohop…” etc.

Flag Post

Yes, it’s obviously rohop Meraeador.

Flag Post
no, not Mardek. Another guy.

pretty sure I’m wrong but…RMRMRM: rohop? the clue applies the same way, but notice the “R” comes first

EDIT: I remered, I know! it’s both moric and rohop, there’s a scene where they say “moric!” “rohop” “MORIC!!” “rohop…” etc.

It’s one of the two. Remember, your post is not valid… More than one guess. And yes, it was referring to that scene.

Originally posted by DarthKitty:

Yes, it’s obviously rohop Meraeador.

Ahem… New rule and your’re in the credits. gratz.

EDIT Actually, you can make one more sarcastic guess, and after 2-3 rounds, you can make another. you just don’t have to make every gues sarcastic! YOu can make sarcastic comments though. Not guesses.
EDIT Modified rule.
EDIT Added VIP List on first post.Added DK and DarthRuler on the list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yven:

Ahem… New rule and your’re in the credits. gratz.

Awww… Oh well ;p.

Flag Post

It’s Moric? :V

Flag Post
Originally posted by FR4NFER:

It’s Moric? :V

Exaclty. The R comes first, and Moric’s the one who says “Rohoph”

Gratz. You are now the challenger! Put up a clue. If not…

Clue 1: Margaret.

Flag Post

Clue 1: IT MUST BURN!! BUUURRRNNN!"
And Yven one is the Hermit on Volcano, because he calls his cave Margaret, im right?