Mardek and Deliverance Similarities

18 posts

Flag Post

LINK: Deliverance

Trivia and Introduction: Hover Over

Similarity #1: A Ridicouly Easy dragon boss at the start of the game.

Similarity #2: Peregrin was the model for Mardek, I guess. I mean, he even says “Well” a bit!

Similarity #3: A Water-Elemental female ally who has a crush (?) on the main character (Deugan, not Mark, in this case.)

Similarity #4: A Dull City where nothing happens.

Similarity #5: A Village Where a Zombie Attack Happens

Similarity #5: And a Necromancer is the cause, found in the Catacombs, →and the same tileset is used for both catacombs. (DarthKitty)

Gametip: The Key is found on one of the sarcophagus. It’s random where.

Smilarity #6: A Wolf Ally

Similarity #7 And a Lizard Ally as well.

Flag Post

Gametip: DON’T Use transform commands, as these screw the game.

Similarity #8: The Reference to YALORT’s Gift to Women

Similarity #9: A Rock Mole is guarding the Earth Crystal in both games. (DarthKitty)

Similarity #10: A Deep Hatred for Humans

Similarity #11: The Hymn of YALORT. (Chimto)

Similarity #12: Event at the start of the game, that drives the plot. You also have to travel trough a forest to get to them. (Chimto)

Similarity #13: A Reccuring Necromancer (Chimto)

Similarity #14: A ridiculously big item storage

Similarity #15: A A YALORTIAN Mission given by a Priest of YALORT that takes place in a Yalortian Monastery, and you still have to fight a fallen high priest to finish it. Not only that, but the enemies are also quite similar. “He basically ripped off this from his own game!”

Similarity #16: The Elemental Crystals.

Similarity #17: The Battle Music.

Flag Post

Reserved For Editing

Flag Post

Reserved For Editing and holding this:

<span title="txt">txt</span>

Flag Post

Submit-A-Similarity

I provided the Game Link, if you happen to find more similarities, Post ‘em here! they’re welcome!

Flag Post

A Rock Mole is guarding the Earth Crystal in both games.

Flag Post

1. The Hymn of YALORT.
2. A ruin at the beginning that causes an event which drives the plot (Crash Site, Advent Woods).
3. A necromancer who is not the main villain (Saul, Tattoo).

Flag Post

The Catacombs tileset.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chimto:

1. The Hymn of YALORT.
2. A ruin at the beginning that causes an event which drives the plot (Crash Site, Advent Woods).
3. A necromancer who is not the main villain (Saul, Tattoo).

[X] Hymn of YALORT.. Check!
[X] Event that drives the plot… Check!
[X] Reccuring Necromancer… Check!

Originally posted by DarthKitty:

The Catacombs tileset.

I think that doesn’t counts. But…

Screw the above.

[X] Catacombs Tileset… Check!
….→ Added at Similarity #5

Pity Pseudolonewolf doesn’t appear in MARDEK

—> Added “Ridiculously big item storage”

Flag Post

The battle music in both of them are very similar. Not in the way that the battle music for MARDEK and Beast Signer are, in Deliverance, it actually sounds really similar, with similar notes, rhythms and whatnot, not that they both are just good at being battle music. Or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by supergnashV2:

The battle music in both of them are very similar. Not in the way that the battle music for MARDEK and Beast Signer are, in Deliverance, it actually sounds really similar, with similar notes, rhythms and whatnot, not that they both are just good at being battle music. Or something.

Are you sure? I mean, the art and the battle music, the system, elements, deities and stuff carried over:

Deliverance
=Engine Rehaul=

Using the same engine…
MARDEK CH1
MARDEK CH2
=Rehaul=
MARDEK CH3
=Rehaul=
MARDEK CH4
=More

Technically, MARDEK 4 will still be deliverance…

Originally posted by Zeru:

Searching for Crystals.

Air and Earth in Deliverance, Dark, Earth, Fire and Water in Mardek.

Added.

Although you really wasen’t searching for crystals in deliverance. So I’ll change it.

Flag Post

Searching for Crystals.

Air and Earth in Deliverance, Dark, Earth, Fire and Water in Mardek.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yven:

Are you sure?

Yeah I’m sure, here’s the MARDEK battle music, and here’s the Deliverance battle music. They start out very similar, but they are very different in a strange way.

And MARDEK wasn’t a rehaul of Deliverance, he was just putting what he knew from Deliverance into another game and making it better. The art, music and the system are all different and the only reason the elements and deities are the same is because they take place in the Fighunter universe. In raider, Arkus Zei mentions SAPPHIROS and in Beast Signer all the beasts have the same kind of elements as in Deliverance. Pseudo even said he might remake Deliverance (although I doubt it’ll happen soon and he said it would be quite different)!

EDIT: It appears those links don’t work for me, so they probably won’t work for anyone else. So go look it up, they are different and similar at the same time!

Flag Post

Well, as you can see, he has a list here:

The Plan!

The List! (Currently)

Miasmon part I: In progress. He had to write a whole new engine, and stuff. So yeah. This will take longer than the others.
Miasmon part II: Will probably be 4x faster since he just has to write new stuff and code new stuff. But the engine will be the same!
Miasmon part III: ^
Simple RPG Engine: Will make other stuff faster. Basically an upgrade.
MARDEK 4: YAAAAY
Beast Signer NEW: Meh. Will be an MMORPG with premium accounts.
BE-a-ST: Awesome.
New Deliverance: Ch 1: FINALLY! Deliverance was my favorite game (I mean, dude, IT’S A GIANT SANDBOX!)

Also, Yep, now that I look at it, they’re basically the same. Just “2 different versions” he “reclycled” the music, just like he did with the lost monastery sidequest. Anyway, they’re 2 diffrent versions, Right? . . .

Well, I think so as well. Anyway, I think that MARDEK will end at chapter 4. Really. …Pseudolonewolf’s uha ralg uv y mywao cmup.

^ Don’t mind the strange words above. They’re a cypher. No, you won’t be able to decipher it. Why? Because… Uh… … Palyica oui tuh’d bmyo Final Fantasy X yht oui tuh’d ihtancdyht Al Bhed.

Again, a cypher.

Flag Post

Miasmon part I: In progress. He had to write a whole new engine, and stuff. So yeah. This will take longer than the others.
Miasmon part II: Will probably be 4x faster since he just has to write new stuff and code new stuff. But the engine will be the same!
Miasmon part III: ^
Simple RPG Engine: Will make other stuff faster. Basically an upgrade.
MARDEK 4: YAAAAY
Beast Signer NEW: Meh. Will be an MMORPG with premium accounts.
BE-a-ST: Awesome.
New Deliverance: Ch 1: FINALLY! Deliverance was my favorite game (I mean, dude, IT’S A GIANT SANDBOX!)

The thing is, that list is always being changed around, sometimes quite a lot. Before, Alora Fane was top of the list and he was working on that for quite a while. Then he started work on Miasmon and now on the new site. And this has happened a lot before as well, for example when he was working on Chimaera.
Although I do get the feeling that this list is going to stay in place a bit more, hopefully we’ll be seeing the new MARDEK soon.

Flag Post

sigh.

<enter_yven>

Bump

<enter_yven>

<enter_darthkitty>

<enter_aimbarn>

Bump

<enter_yven>

Flag Post

Obtaining the Earth Crystal in both games.

Flag Post

Well,

I say, I don´t agree with:
2- Peregrin is a little different from Mardek, I cant say there are no similarities, but they are not equal…
14-Is it ridiculously big? I used it all at the pass from 2nd chapter to 3rd chapter on Mardek

but the rest I say, is it the same game? Cause it seems.

I reccomend you to play Beast Signer alpha. I love it.