Just Awful

24 posts

Flag Post
How this game came to be three iterations is a complete mystery to me. I'm playing it to get the Best of badge, the Best Ofs seem to be designed to force us to play these slowass games- Here's the story in a nutshell - three amazingly wimpy and boring dweebs run around a dungeon making unfunny comments - yawn as each battle takes 80-90 clicks and useless animations as you get a sick feeling every time you enter one -navigation is a total fail as you will get frustrated hitting enter, space, x, z all over the place - -because of the poor navigation - inventory is a total nightmare - just switching items also produces that sick feeling -your hero is so lame at fighting that he basically becomes an armored cleric constantly healing the other two magic users - whose attacks are so strong they cant afford to waste time using potions so your hero - who can seemingly never kill an opponent has to carry everything - an absolute insult to anyone who loves rpgs -you cannot heal your characters outside of battle except at a once-per-level crystal - meaning you have to waste moves in the battle to do it - like the characters never thought 'hey instead of moving down this corridor - let's heal up!' -the music is that annoying japanese animatrix shooter type stuff that gives headaches -there are unbeatable monsters on the first friggin level - i cannot wait to finish the sun temple using a walkthrough so i never have to look at mardek again

Flag Post

I read this as:

Whine, this game is not my type so I feel the need to type out a full paragraph about it thinking it will change the thoughts of the regulars on the forum towards suddenly disliking it as well.

I’ll be brief. You disliked the game. Get over it. Rate it 1/5 after you earn the required badge and move on to your FPS games.

EDIT: Okay, screw this, I’ll bite and reply to everything you had to say. Wait for a bit until I finish.

three amazingly wimpy and boring dweebs run around a dungeon making unfunny comments

You honestly have no idea how the game will develop further on and didn’t play the other two chapters.

If you don’t like the humour in there, then obviously it’s less fun for you. That’s still your opinion, though. Many other people love that part.

yawn as each battle takes 80-90 clicks and useless animations as you get a sick feeling every time you enter one

You don’t like the battles either, perhaps. Other people do. Once again, this game is not for you.

navigation is a total fail as you will get frustrated hitting enter, space, x, z all over the place

I have no problems with this. The only thing Pseudo could add is being able to change hotkeys.

your hero is so lame at fighting that he basically becomes an armored cleric constantly healing the other two magic users

there are unbeatable monsters on the first friggin level

The game is supposed to be harder if you did not play through the other two chapters. It isn’t necessary to farm, or play the other two chapters, but expect it to be harder.

you cannot heal your characters outside of battle except at a once-per-level crystal – meaning you have to waste moves in the battle to do it

Dead-wrong. You can. Cast it from the menu.

the music is that annoying japanese animatrix shooter type stuff that gives headaches

You can mute the music. Without muting other sounds, I might add.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nothingmattered:
Mindless Rage
Okay, bye then.

If you don’t like a game then don’t play it. You don’t have to make a thread about how you played through the first five minutes and made a quick judgement about certain features, which are mostly wrong as well.
“The story in a nutshell”? The story goes a bit further than what you said, just slightly. It only has about one hundred hours of gameplay, so you weren’t far off.

Flag Post

One hundred? My last game was a casual playthrough, and it took me 250!

Flag Post

this game is just to complex for you play chapter 1 and 2 and use the same save it will be a good story but mardek sucks if you dont play number 1 or and 2

Flag Post

your hero is so lame at fighting that he basically becomes an armored cleric constantly healing the other two magic users

The game is supposed to be harder if you did not play through the other two chapters. It isn’t necessary to farm, or play the other two chapters, but expect it to be harder.

you forgot that in chapter 1 that rodohlp soul shares mardeks body and has healing magic otherwise he’d be just a meatshield that fights back :P

Flag Post

Mardek is pretty damn good later on, I’ve used him to kill the bosses for the impossible badge, one of them alone. And the other two sucked later on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lawlpielawl:

Mardek is pretty damn good later on, I’ve used him to kill the bosses for the impossible badge, one of them alone. And the other two sucked later on.

yes both and be replaced with gloria cuase she has the all elements and nulls and lowers a stat but vit does nothing if lowered.

Flag Post

there that says he hasnt even got the 1st temple

Flag Post
Originally posted by 2CATteam:

I really need to finish this game with 100% completion rate! This is my third attempt, and I managed to beat the security demon, and get the sun axe!

Yes, very casual. I’d hate to see how long a “serious” run takes you then… O_o

On my first playthrough, the entire series took me about 60 hours, which is my average time for a quality RPG. I could probably shave off 10-20 hours now that I know what I’m doing though. Alternately, it might take me longer now, since I’d be more likely go grind for items and such.

Originally posted by lawlpielawl:

Just by playing the first two chapters, without grinding or anything, Mardek could easily one-hit about half of the monsters in the Sun Temple. The other half of the monsters died the next turn, when Donovan or Sharla had to clean up the leftovers. Oh yes, weak hero indeed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

I really need to finish this game with 100% completion rate! This is my third attempt, and I managed to beat the security demon, and get the sun axe!

Yes, very casual. I’d hate to see how long a “serious” run takes you then… O_o

My last COMPLETE game was a casual playthrough. For me, a casual playthrough is going through all story events, and doing some sidequests. A serious playthrough is doing everything there is to do, get all the items there are to get, master every skill for every character, and everything else. Right now I’m on a serious playthrough, and I’m doing Karnos and Animus. I got all the crystals, and my current time is 300 hours. A good hundred of that was from Chapter 2, grinding for monster fangs, and such.

Flag Post

Right now I’m on a serious playthrough, and I’m doing Karnos and Animus. I got all the crystals, and my current time is 300 hours. A good hundred of that was from Chapter 2, grinding for monster fangs, and such.

Seriously? I believe I had every possible skill mastered on every possible character by the time I reached about 150 hours, and even that time wasn’t fully spent on actually playing it (sometimes I leave the PC while the game is still running). That sounds quite long.

Flag Post

Yven. You sound like a really hateful bastard.

There’s a different between smart sarcasm, like Darkruler, and you which is calling him an idiot and retarded for every little thing he doesn’t know and the fact he can’t solo every boss.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yven:
They see me trollin’…

Flag Post
Originally posted by supergnashV2:
They see me trollin’…

I wasen’t trolling. See here:

Originally posted by chesshawk:

Yven. You sound like a really hateful person.

There’s a different between smart sarcasm, like Darkruler, and you which is calling him an idiot and retarded for every little thing he doesn’t know and the fact he can’t solo every boss.

I was angered by the fact that this person insulted this game in such a ridicolous way.

Flag Post
They see me trollin’…

I wasen’t trolling. See here:

Originally posted by chesshawk:

Yven. You sound like a really hateful person.

I was angered by the fact that this person insulted this game in such a ridicolous way.

I know where you were coming from, but you may have gone a little over the top with the insults and whatnot.

Flag Post

Lighten up a little; nothingmattered was obviously a troll, and therefore, there’s not much reason to respond, with the additional fact that he/she obviously won’t be returning to this particular topic or forum again. So take a deep breath, and recall Rule 14.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

Lighten up a little; nothingmattered was obviously a troll, and therefore, there’s not much reason to respond, with the additional fact that he/she obviously won’t be returning to this particular topic or forum again. So take a deep breath, and recall Rule 14.

IN fact, rule 14 is right there on my profile.

Also, deleting my post now. Yay for everyone.

Flag Post
They see me trollin’…

They hatein’

Flag Post
Originally posted by Exar_Kun:
They see me trollin’…

They hatein’

Meh, haters gonna hate.

Flag Post

Oh look, it’s that troll topic again… Hopefully a mod will lock it, now that it’s completely useless and such.

Flag Post

-your hero is so lame at fighting that he basically becomes an armored cleric constantly healing the other two magic users -
wait…. seams someone haven’t passed the light temple… Xd … seriusly f*** off… if you dont like a game just rate it 1/5 don’t do stupid forum post(that end up like spam) … (hope there aren’t more idiots like you) ;)

Flag Post

Wow you’re an idiot. 1) You have a map of each area, just open your menu with the enter key. 2) Play the other two games first, then it’ll make sense. 3) you can also heal outside of battle. 4) The first part of the game is tough, but later you get better characters on your team.

Flag Post

can a mod just lock this already every thing that had to be said has been said