About Sslen'ck

14 posts

Flag Post

Honestly he’s SO underrated.
He can deal massive damage and heal (with blood defect) and stay alive with his huge hp pool.
You can let him deal more then 8k every hit twice a turn!
Let me explain you how :

Use Drackel Crescent as weapon.
Cursed beret as helm.
Scarlet stole +6 as armor.
Scarab of fury as accessory.
And Golden gauntlet as the other accessory.

Now on lvl 37 that should make 37 str 22 vit spr 8 agl 9.
Learn all the + damage skills and soulstrike (Very Important)

So now you have auto shield, m shield, curse, haste ,berserk.
It doesn’t matter if he’s cursed because he is berserked all the time.
Auto attack could be a bit annoying but he will crush everything anyway on his path if not 100% resisted.

So you have double damage, great shield defense AND haste.
Trow in Mardek his regenerate and that makes Sslen.ck even harder to take down.
+ Use Elwyn her Vigorous March to make it even more powerfull.

But you might say : Hey! He only does earth damage with soulstrike (can be countered pretty easy).

But since soulstrike is only a reaction you can choose between earth damage and fire damage wich makes him very effective.

Ofc he can be countered anyway by something resisted to both earth and fire, that’s why almost everyone chooses Legion over him.
But Sslen’ck on the other part hits harder and doesn’t need mp at all.
So you can focus 100% on Power and Survivability.

He’s definitley not weak.
Even one of the more powerfull ones.

So everyone deserves a chance. :P

Flag Post

sslenck can do very big damage but so can legion and mardek. he can only do fire, earth and physical damage. it’ll be harder for you to complete animus with sslenck i think. it will be possible but i just think it will be harder. solaar is underrated if you ask me. his spirit graft can make glorias barkskin and healing really big and makes legions magic attacks do super damage! sslenck can be amazing is most positions but not in all which is why i don’t use him :/ also sslenck won’t be in mardek 4 (i think)

Flag Post

but i do admit he is underrated to some extent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by klimtkiller:

but i do admit he is underrated to some extent.

Don’t double post, just use the edit button. :)

Flag Post

He’s decent, but note you’re making him decent largely due to items most other characters can equip as well. Replace scarab of fury with the yellow fairy for the majority of the game, and you don’t even have to worry about berserk. I’m liking Vehrn the most for damage, and as such he’s my damage dealer. I think he’s better than Sslen’ck at that. But you don’t only want to deal damage. Gloria is there to block many types of damage and heal. Legion is there to deal massive damage as well, and be a good tank. It is true I would say Sslen’ck is one of the higher-end characters, but he wouldn’t be on my team as for now. Perhaps he’s getting some nicer stuff in chapter 4, if he’s still with you.

Flag Post

Sslen’ck can be even harder if you equip him with the Scarab of Health. He will have much more HP and Auto-Regen. And if you berserk him he can’t use his 3rd element: PHYSICAL.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aimbarn:

Sslen’ck can be even harder if you equip him with the Scarab of Health. He will have much more HP and Auto-Regen. And if you berserk him he can’t use his 3rd element: PHYSICAL.

but keep in mind that Sslen’ck does double damage with berserk!

Flag Post

what if the enemy is resistant to fire and earth, but not physical? Flexibility usually beats out power, which is why anyone who can hit for 3+ elements ismore awesome than someone who excels in one element

Flag Post

he is good, just not good enough. doesnt make my top 3. i used him for a while and then i was like..other people just do it better.

yes he has uses, everyone has uses. its a matter of who has the most uses.

Flag Post

Hej,
I agree that he lacks versatility : only fire breath as non-physical attack and only 3 different physical attacks is not enough for most ennemies. Though he gets some more versatily with the holy axe and I hope in the next chapter he gets at least another property attack.

Flag Post

Guess I’m the only one who likes him :’(

Flag Post

Hej,
I didn’t say I don’t like him, I used him a lot and I like him anyway. But it sucks that he doesn’t have a B-plan for a lot of ennemies.

Flag Post

Not the only one who likes him. I mean, he’s definitely better than Donovan, for example. I used him on my first run, but I decided I liked Vehrn a bit more.

Flag Post

I like it :) I used it in my party until I got legion… But it’s still pretty good in damage dealing: bad thing is that he does not have lots of specific types attack..