Prediction for Saul

4 posts

Flag Post

After playing through Chapter 3 for the 3rd or 4th time I looked back on the character Saul and thought… Hmm that name is familiar… Then I remembered that Saul is the name of Paul the Apostle (from the bible) before he finds his faith. Since bible stories have been used as plot points before (The story Gloria tells about Legion is from the bible) I considered that there’s the possibility that Pseudo is going to do a sort of conversion thing and he’ll join the party in Chapter 4 as there hasn’t been a darkness element character yet, only characters capable of acquiring darkness moves.

I also considered that Mardek follows certain RPG cliches on purpose, and one he hasn’t explored yet is the “Big bad guy to party member” one (Present in Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2 etc).

Also he says “I’m not a threat to you anymore… For now” or something along those lines, meaning he’s obviously going to be back for Chapter 4 as a villain, probably trying to get back the Tome or something, but since they’re willing to give it back he doesn’t have to fight them… Or something like that…

Thoughts?

Flag Post

Hej,
I bet bernhard will be playable before saul.

Flag Post

I hope not. Fighting anti-hero team is quite refreshing, and makes for good boss battles. However, I do think after one or two more battles they become playable. Getting some more traditional characters on the team would be awesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I hope not. Fighting anti-hero team is quite refreshing, and makes for good boss battles. However, I do think after one or two more battles they become playable. Getting some more traditional characters on the team would be awesome.

I highly doubt both of this situations… For one thing the Saviours are just meant to be the stereotypical Final Fantasy party (Thief, Black Mage, White Mage and Warrior, also the beginning of their battle music is a short excerpt from Final Fantasy music, can’t remember which) and all of their uses are already filled up, Gloria + Sharla + Donovan + Emela for “Black Magic”, Mardek and Solaar for “White Mage”, Ssleneck and Duegan for “Warrior” and Zach for “Thief”. Also they’re not really related to the plot in any important way, just comic relief characters really.

The reason I’ve gone to the trouble of explaining how cliched they are is because none of Pseudos other characters follow cliches whatsoever, I won’t give examples, the main character being a healer is evidence enough…