Am I supposed to go to the water temple first?

10 posts

Flag Post

Technically, its “better” to go to the earth temple first, because then mardek would get the earth sword, and be strong against water monsters in the water temple. However the earth temple monsters seem to be stronger than those in the water temple; seems to mean that im supposed to go water temple > fire temple > earth temple.

Does anyone know if thats the intended story progression?

Flag Post

Technically, yes, that’s the order you’re supposed to go in. Because of the open-endedness of the elemental temples section however, the order doesn’t really matter; you won’t encounter plot events in the Earth Temple that only make sense after completing the other two.

Flag Post

There is no real story progression – you need to go to all 3 anyway.

I’d recommend leaving the fire temple for last, simply because you have to fight 2 boss battles, without a chance to save in between.

Flag Post

Yea i did, because it was the correct order of mardek’s swords :D earth > water > fire

Problem is the water and fire guardian seemed rather easy, or easier than the earth guardian. So was wondering if i’d “screwed the intended game progression”. Of course there won’t be any adverse effects, only feels weird that the water and fire guardians are easier.

Flag Post

~mysticazure
That would be due to being higher levelled than if you had gone to either of them first. (besides, the fire guardian kind of NEEDS to be easy, as you have to fight the World’s Saviours before you can get out of the temple – no chance to save between)

Flag Post

The water temple is easier since it has no additional boss battle after the guardian. I disagree with the notion of having to defeat the guardians to get the swords, as you get them along the way and not after you beat them. However, Legion can learn the boss moves and therefore the guardians are easier if you go earth, water, fire (you can learn the air boss move from a totem).

Flag Post

Well if you get Legion before completing any temples it would be better to start at earth then water then fire provided you can resist earth for the normal monsters and after the guardian switch equip to resist air for muriance

Flag Post

I think that if you fight the guardian without using air on him you can use nullair on him so he cant haste himself when he loses health then use Gloria and Legion to lower his VIT while Meraeador uses speedy juice and mirrilixir on potion spray and Mardek can regen or use power drinks on himself

Flag Post

i got the water> earth> fire because I think fire is very pressionating

Flag Post

Earth Temple is definitely the hardest one. Fire Temple is inbetween them. Water Temple is sort of easy (besides the switch puzzle). You get a water sword in WT for FT. You can buy air sword in aeropolis for help in ET. If you look at how much attack each sword gives, the progression in temple order is very clear.