Saviours strategy idea

11 posts

Flag Post

I can’t test this myself, because I’d have to start a complete new game, but in my experience, Vennie and Bartholio and Aalia could not on their own take out my party. My problem was Bernard and his magical attacks.

His physical reaction “Heh.” does a large amount of dark damage, and drains hp.
What if however, a character, Mardek for instance had…..dark jacket for 20% absorb (so essentially 120% resistance), shield of darkness (50%), m-50% dark reaction, resist dark passive skill (another 50%) AND rainbow aura (20% resistance). That makes 290% resistance to dark.

Now, you attack Bernard with a physical attack…..he uses his reaction and BOOM. He heals you, and therefore his drain….hurts him. And with this much resistance, it’d probably kill him. In one hit. You probably don’t even need 290%….

Forgive the pun but….heh.

Without him, the rest of the battle would be quite easy. What I’d like to know however is, would this strategy work? Is anyone near the saviours battle and willing to test this?

Flag Post

The only way of blocking Heh is through using Morality block.

Yes,if you use a draining attack,say like Legion use Blood Drain on a Zombie.It will hurt him and heal the zombie.

To easily take out Bernard,use Null Fire,water and air.This blocks all damage except for Heh,which you can avoid through Morality block.

To take out Aalia,its really easy.On the first turn she will use Shield,unless you have some serious agility.Morality Block blocks all her buffs.

To take out Bartholio,use magical attack.He will(maybe?)counter you,so be sure to put some shield up or heal up.

To take out Vennie,use any fire attack and he’ll be killed fast.

Flag Post

I disagree with the Heh. I remember I had over 100 dark resistance when I fought them, and when Bernard used Heh. on me, it took off some of his hp. Therefore with even more, he could one hit himself, could he not?

As for nulls, I don’t have Gloria in my party. I did the game without her at all just fine.

Flag Post

Elemental resistance caps at 200%; enough said.

Flag Post

OK 200 then. He’ll still do as much damage to himself as he’d usually do to you.

Flag Post

well,
Have you already tried using Zombie Juice?

Flag Post

I don’t think Zombie juice works.

Flag Post

I’ll be your hamster if you want… since I’m stuck at them.

Flag Post

I understand you, myskybluecap, because Zombie juice doesn´t do what people were expecting it to do. But it still works, yes.

Flag Post

YEP, It works.

Mardek had 200% dark resistance, attacked with the fish sword, Bernard used Heh, cursed Mardek and killed himself.

Flag Post

Major necro – but I’m replaying the game, and didn’t want to make another thread for my new strategy, which is quite similar. It follows the same principles, except that I’m going to use the song of balance, so that the damage Bernard does to himself is dealt throughout the entire party. I’m not sure it’ll kill the party in one hit, but I’m confident it will make very short work of them – I’ll post again when I get up to them to try it out.