Mardek Chapter 3 Secrets and Tips page 86

2162 posts

Flag Post

@r2d2go
Didn’t you know that hidden paths are all shown in the map?
The game is FULL of them. Also, if you actually saved at every save stone you wouldn’t have any problem.

Flag Post

If you master one of Elywen’s songs, make sure to sell it afterwards. It gives you 5000 coins if you need some cash. Also, once the skill is mastered, the song has no value to you.

Flag Post

Hi all. I hope that’s the right way to ask for an help on a game trouble.
I am playing Mardek III and I want to find the ‘impossible’ achievement.
But there’s something wrong, I’ll try to explain it.
I am in Fire Temple, I took everythings possible to taken (even talisman and beat trilobite off course) but the “Miasmal Chalice” is just 79% complete and I can’t take it!
I looked for an hint on walkthrough but I didn’t find nothing that helped me…
So I got a bit mad :)
I hope you could help me in someway

Flag Post

Fight monsters. Each monster killed fills 1% of the chalice total. Take the chalice when it’s full.

Flag Post

For anyone who have a hard time beating Muriance,use the Flametongue together with Fire Slash to deal around 1K a hit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joanacnsa:

BEST CARACHTER COMBINATION EVER: SHARLA, GLORIA, SOLAAR, MARDEK

There isn’t really a best character combination, each character has strengths, weaknesses, uses, etc. Certain characters are better in different situations, like Vehrn is good against the undead and dark monsters in general, as well as being a decent physical attacker with high Spr, Sslen’ck is useful against monsters weak to fire or physical attacks and so on. If you’re looking for the most versatile characters then Legion can learn many useful skills, Gloria gets all elemental attacks, a heal spell, and a “remove taint” of sorts ith a defense booster, she can also lower the stats of her enemies if you wait long enough to do that with her, and Elwyen has all her songs to heal allies, harm opponents, reduce damage taken, increase damage dealt, etc. all of them can be very useful additions to Mardek.

If you rely on Mardek to deal the damage and just have the other characters supporting him, Sharla can heal and do air based magic, as well as being a good support unit with removing paralysis, boosting Agl, and PDef, while Solaar can heal, revive, and use useful skills to damage opponents or protect himself and allies if teamed up with Elwyen to boost her spirit. Elwyen, as already mentioned, has a multitude of skills to choose from, and Gloria can also help support. In addition to Sslen’ck, Zach is another good physical attacker. He can get the evasion 50% ability, has air based physical damage with soulstrike, can do heavy damage to light and dark enemies with immoral justice, an increasing power move in crescendo slash, coup de gras, beserk, and sinstrike to deal damage based on number of enemies Zach has killed. The more Zach is used (just like Legion) the better he gets.

Donovan is Sharla’s counterpart in magic. While she deals mainly with support (healing, boosting Agl, etc.) he is more aligned for dealing damage, although he can also boost Str and protect allies from fire. Meraeador uses his skills hrough his inventions, so while he cannot master his attacks and requires his inventions to function, he becomes more useful as you create more of them. His range of skills are from converting potions and other items to entire group heals and such, to creating mass shields and Mshields, to damaging enemies physically, through fire, poison, or putting them to sleep. Being completely customizable to your party is always a nice perk.

I apologize if this upsets anyone, I’m not trying to say that joanacnsa’s character combination isn’t good, I only wanted to point out that there isn’t a “best” combination as every person tends to have their own style, and the variety of playable characters allows them to choose which style fits each person playing MARDEK best rather than which allows them to beat the game “easiest”

Flag Post

All characters and their usefulness and weakness

Mardek

Pros:Can support in healing while other members keep attacking.Morality block is extremely helpful,especially against Karnos(Blocks Galaxy burst,shatterwave and Maelstrom),all Guardians(Blocks Mega barrier)and against Bernard(If you have a physical attacker and attacking better use this first if you don’t want to get hit by Heh.)Elemental slash is very helpful in most battles.Remove taint can be helpful when curing poison,zombification,curses or blindness.

Cons:Healing spell just heal a bit in Chapter 2.Not very powerful in that chapter.Physical attack can only attack one target at a time

Deugan

Pros:Power attack is good to use in most battles.Barrier Break is extremely helpful when fighting bosses as it removes shield.Earth Slash deals huge damage to lake hag and Aalia.

Cons:Can only target one enemy at a time,which can be a disadvantage.

Emela

Pros:Elemental attack is very helpful in most battle for quick victory.The only ally that can attack all target at a time(Not counting Mardek Healing spell).

Cons:Low HP,Low Defense.Dies pretty quickly

Vehrn

Pros:EXTREMELY powerful in catacombs,where many undead foes starts appearing.Disrupt undead deals huge damage to Zombie Dragon.Also useful when fighting Draceleon.Healing spell can kill undead easily at high level.

Cons:Main light attack can only attack one target at a time.Green lightning doesn’t deal much damage.

Zach

Pros:Deals massive damage to Karnos when he casts rainbow guard.Crescendo Slash is very good in long battles.Sure Slash is very helpful against foes with high evade.

Cons:Low health and defense

Donovan

Pros:Burn is helpful with foes that has high defense(I.e:Annihilator:Animus).Can support physical attacker with Strength boost.

Cons:Low HP,low defense

Sharla

Pros:Healer,extremely helpful when battling pixies if you want to remove Confusion.Aero Shell can be helpful when dealing with Delay Buster.

Cons:Low HP,low defense

Sslen’ck

Pros:Very good when dispatching many enemies that are weak against fire at once.High defense and HP.Perforate is helpful when lowering enemies defense.

Cons:Low MP,which limits his fire attacks.

Solaar

Pros:High magic attack.Can slowly kills enemies that only uses physical attack(i.e Golem/Mythril Golem).Can support Magic users with Spirit graft.The only ally that has a revival skill.

Cons:Low HP,low defense.Can’t equip most armor

Meraeador

Pros:Flamethrower is a good alternative to Fire stream.Thermal spanner lowers defense making physical attackers deals higher damage.Potion Spray is very OP since you can turn Speedy Juice,Mirrilixir,Healthy juice or any healing potions from single use potion to all party use potions!

Cons:Low HP,low defense.

Elywen

Pros:Supports ally either with magic attack,physical attack,magic defense,physical defense or healing too.Deals huge damage to undead monster.High evasion(IF you have Evasion 50% equipped)

Cons:Low HP.Dies pretty quickly when hit by a powerful magic.

Gloria

Pros:Whirlpool is good when lowering SPR.Elemental attack is a huge help when fighting elemental monsters.

Cons:Low defense.

Legion

Pros:Candiathrope Gemplosion can deals massive damage to Animus.Have all 4 very powerful elemental attack.High HP and defense.

Cons:Low magic defense,Can’t equip most armor.Low MP

Flag Post

strength and agility boost will lower enemy stats when used on an enemy

Flag Post

Does anyone have any good tips and strategies for completing the Cambria Arena Champion Tournament?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cyberhydra:

Does anyone have any good tips and strategies for completing the Cambria Arena Champion Tournament?

Was it truly necessary to post in two different threads?

Flag Post

Sorry, I just really want to beat the tournament.

Flag Post

YAY! I finally beat the tournament! YAY

Flag Post

Congratulation.

Get ready for Solo Tournament though.

Flag Post

Anybody know how to get social fox in the encyclopedia in chapter 3 i played through 1&2 doing all side missions, and zombie dragon, read book in meraeador’s home, still no luck, be a shame if i had to start again any other way?

Flag Post

Is the wing shield worth it? Bandits take a some time to fight me, also does the loot finder skill affect each drop, or just the chance of getting a item?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GeneralDarkness:

Anybody know how to get social fox in the encyclopedia in chapter 3 i played through 1&2 doing all side missions, and zombie dragon, read book in meraeador’s home, still no luck, be a shame if i had to start again any other way?

You probably have to talk to people.(that’s how I got him in there in chapter 2.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by GeneralDarkness:

That entry is lost forever.

Originally posted by pokeman1997:

Is the wing shield worth it? Bandits take a some time to fight me, also does the loot finder skill affect each drop, or just the chance of getting a item?

It affects all drops.
I’d suppose that the Wing Shield is useful enough. It has good stats and provide some unique skills.

Flag Post

Ok, I really need help with the Earth Guardian. I’m dead without nulls, but Gloria keeps getting one-shot by Empty Claw, so what is there to really improve a mage’s defense?

Flag Post
Originally posted by arepeagee:

Ok, I really need help with the Earth Guardian. I’m dead without nulls, but Gloria keeps getting one-shot by Empty Claw, so what is there to really improve a mage’s defense?

My allies are Gloria, Sharla and Legion.

Equipment
Ensure that Legion has Thunderstorm (learnt from Bernard/ Air temperance) and fairy dust. He should have a Hammerfist and Titan Plating. Accessories: Green (Regen) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.
Sharla must have Obelisk as a weapon (you should have found all 10 artefacts be then). She should also have mastered Thunderbolt (learnt from Magic Poker). Accessories: Blue (Shiled) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.
Gloria does not have a decent weapon then, but make sure she has mastered the four attacks, Earth Heal, Null Earth and Barkskin. Accessories: Yellow (Haste) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.
Mardek should have a Aeropolitian Scimitar and a Glyph shield. Accessories: Purple (M. Shield) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.

Skills:
Ensure all players have mastered “M EARTH -50%” reaction. This will reduce damage from the Guardian’s AoE attack Earthquake, yet not cause any damage from Inversion. Everyone, especially mages, should have mastered “HP +20%” (Emerald Bangle), “HP +10%” (Body Crystal), “DMG -10%” (Silver/Gold Ring) and “DMG -20%” (Inventor’s Coat) to maximize survival. Yes, prior grinding is necessary.
To grind physical defence reactions, physically attack Purple Mantids to cause them to counter-attack. To grind passive abilities, go to a weak area like Soothwood and win the battles.

Battle:
Gloria should ALWAYS use Null Earth on everyone. Should all allies are “Nulled”, use Twister on the Guardian.
Sharla should cast Aero Shell on everyone. Once all allies are “Shelled”, Thunderbolt away.
Legion should constantly cast Fairy Dust until the guardian falls asleep. Once asleep, assault him with magic attacks.
Mardek should attack the Guardian ONLY when he’s awake. DO NOT attack when asleep as it will wake the Guardian up, and the Guardian often attacks after Mardek. Support the allies when necessary, but don’t shield often as it’s only a temporary respite.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mingguang94:

My allies are Gloria, Sharla and Legion.

Equipment
Ensure that Legion has Thunderstorm (learnt from Bernard/ Air temperance) and fairy dust. He should have a Hammerfist and Titan Plating. Accessories: Green (Regen) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.
Sharla must have Obelisk as a weapon (you should have found all 10 artefacts be then). She should also have mastered Thunderbolt (learnt from Magic Poker). Accessories: Blue (Shiled) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.
Gloria does not have a decent weapon then, but make sure she has mastered the four attacks, Earth Heal, Null Earth and Barkskin. Accessories: Yellow (Haste) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.
Mardek should have a Aeropolitian Scimitar and a Glyph shield. Accessories: Purple (M. Shield) Fairy and Sapphire Bangle.

Skills:
Ensure all players have mastered “M EARTH -50%” reaction. This will reduce damage from the Guardian’s AoE attack Earthquake, yet not cause any damage from Inversion. Everyone, especially mages, should have mastered “HP +20%” (Emerald Bangle), “HP +10%” (Body Crystal), “DMG -10%” (Silver/Gold Ring) and “DMG -20%” (Inventor’s Coat) to maximize survival. Yes, prior grinding is necessary.
To grind physical defence reactions, physically attack Purple Mantids to cause them to counter-attack. To grind passive abilities, go to a weak area like Soothwood and win the battles.

Battle:
Gloria should ALWAYS use Null Earth on everyone. Should all allies are “Nulled”, use Twister on the Guardian.
Sharla should cast Aero Shell on everyone. Once all allies are “Shelled”, Thunderbolt away.
Legion should constantly cast Fairy Dust until the guardian falls asleep. Once asleep, assault him with magic attacks.
Mardek should attack the Guardian ONLY when he’s awake. DO NOT attack when asleep as it will wake the Guardian up, and the Guardian often attacks after Mardek. Support the allies when necessary, but don’t shield often as it’s only a temporary respite.

Thanks, I’ll try this out. :)

Flag Post

I found the Earth Guardian quite easy. I had the Yellow Fairy (Aeropolis (sp?) bandit shop, it’s the Haste one) on Mardek, and I had Shield mastered, so I used Shield whenever necessary, and Gloria et al usually survived Empty Claw. I was also using an unconventional team (Mardek/Gloria/Zach/Solaar due to my need to level up the latter two; this also caused me to not have Earthquake on legion, so D:), and slapped the guardian upside the head. Berserked Zach with Soulstrike deals Air damage, and packs a punch. Aeropolitan Scimitar + Air Strike on Mardek is quite awesome too (the Scimitar buffs the Air Slash more than if I used some other weapon), and I believe he dealt something like >3500 (but I don’t remember 100%). Having Shield+MShield on everyone, although it halves healing damage, makes the guardian do very little. If he breaks a shield, it’s not too terribly much to put a new one up, only takes one turn to put both on (due to haste). Solaar also had Gloria doing a TON with Twister because of Spirit Graft (I had him do nothing but Spirit Graft and Pleasant Sunbeam. I used PhoenixDowns to revive due to the fact Resurrect costs a whopping 32 mana/power/whateveryouwannacallit), with Mardek able to heal to full even with the MShields (again, Spirit Graft). I also had some items with me that would help me against Muriance too; don’t forget that & swapping to it after you beat the Guardian.

I didn’t intentionally lower the stats of the Guardian, and had a breeze anyway. I had the LesserRainbow Shirt on Mardek or whatever it’s called, and its passive. Everyone else had one of those +50% earth resistance, -50% air resistance pendant things (Earth Pendant?), so Inversion didn’t slaughter me but neither did Earthquake. Right after the fight, I swapped it to things like the Air Pendant and whatever else gave me high defense/air resistance.

Another option if you need to survive the Guardian is to just keep Null Earth active and have someone else Ether her every now and then. It reduces the need for MShield so you can full heal, but it requires Gloria to be preoccupied, so I usually just ignored getting it and had Mardek full heal everyone the turn after Earthquake.

Flag Post

I’m in the middle of Chapter 3, and I just got Mereardor on me team, and we went to the library in Aeropolis, and went back to the nercromancer’s house, but for some reason Saul isn’t there, and so now I’m stuck. I can’t figure out why he isn’t in his house. Any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post

Did you explore the entire house?

Flag Post

My strategy for defeating the security demon:

Solaar used the viper claw to poison the demon, and spirit grafted the rest of the time. Sharla and Gloria would Null Air when it was needed, with Gloria healing as necessary. I also had both of them cast things like Gust Shield and Barkskin on the rest of the party if everyone was already Null Aired. Mardek cast Morality Block, and when everyone had Null Light and Null Dark, he cast Shield and Regen (M. Shield isn’t necessary with the Nulls). I’ve also heard a strategy where Sharla is replaced with Elwyen, who plays Ballad of Balance to stop normal attacks from killing everyone.

Other tips:
For the arenas, equip Mardek with a light or dark elemental sword, so that he has five different elements to attack with. For each solo arena, equip the person with the scarab of health (for returning four fairies to the leader).
When you fight the saviors, go for Aalia first before she can shield, magic shield, and regen all of her allies.
The six trilobites: Hero’s Den, Dark Temple, Earth Temple, Fire Temple, Upper Rooms in the Water Temple, Miasmal Citadel
In the Dreamcave, there are three doors. The switches are in the dreamrealm versions of the Canonia Woods, Tainted Grotto, and in a hidden door in the Crystal Room of the Earth temple (the switch is hidden in one of the rocks)
Unequip everyone but your party before fighting the King, he makes copies of them and they’re easier to defeat if they don’t have any items.
Chocolate milk is really useful.

Flag Post

Guys, Legion can learn fire breath, right? If Sslen’ck usedd fire breath on Legion, would he learn it?