Mardek Chapter 3 Secrets and Tips page 2

2162 posts

Flag Post

Duegan is obvioiusly not dead if you read the dreamstones, and you see a guy looking at you with a ! over his head after you beat the cambria team tournament. That guy runs away so it leaves me to believe that duegan might be a secret character or something. Can anyone confirm / negate this? He might not come back this chapter but can anyone that has beaten the secret bosses karmos / anima or w.e tell us what you get for beating them?

Flag Post

He can’t, Mephistic, at least not Empty Claw.

He CAN learn firebreath and raging inferno, though.

Flag Post

Yeah, I gave up after an hour spent waiting for the guy to use Scorch claw on me. I found out empty claw didn’t work after 30 minutes, at least. I can’t wait for Pseudo to post Legion’s skill list in the walkthrough, and it’ll turn out I missed one from an enemy that doesn’t show up again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jc14:

Sorry to be a bother: but is there any source of Monster Fangs besides Punk Monsters or anything in the sewers? I didn’t play Chapter 2, so I can’t go into the sewers, and there’s no more Punk Monsters because the Dark Crystal is gone.

It’s for the buzzsaw arm :)

The Rexauruses in the Earth Temple.

Flag Post

Hey, could somebody tell me what number 84 in the bestiary is? It seems weird that I don’t have that one when I have everything around it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mephistic:

Hey, could somebody tell me what number 84 in the bestiary is? It seems weird that I don’t have that one when I have everything around it…

Blood Zombie. I THINK it was in Sual’s dungeon, but I’m not sure.

Flag Post

Yeah, I just went back there to grind the posh zombies and found it. I don’t know why I bother asking these questions when I just find the answer myself an hour later…

Flag Post
Originally posted by FFavatar:

Duegan is obvioiusly not dead if you read the dreamstones, and you see a guy looking at you with a ! over his head after you beat the cambria team tournament. That guy runs away so it leaves me to believe that duegan might be a secret character or something. Can anyone confirm / negate this? He might not come back this chapter but can anyone that has beaten the secret bosses karmos / anima or w.e tell us what you get for beating them?

You just get some items, a dreamshard, and medals for defeating the Animus bosses.

Flag Post

Can anyone give me a recommended group after I finished the Dark Temple? Who is worth leveling up and who should not be in the party, and who do I replace when I get Legion?

Flag Post

For the best party, pick 3 of the following: Sslen’ck, Legion, Elwyen, or Gloria.
I would say that at least 1 of the 3 should be one of the healers.

Personally my team is usually Elwyen, Gloria, and Sslen’ck (later on, Legion), but I’m trying to rotate the others so they don’t fall too far behind.

Essentially, everyone is good enough to use in your primary group except Donovan and Meraeador. They aren’t terrible, and both are good in undead/spirit areas, however the others are just more useful.

Casters/utility

1) Elwyen Has the ability to nuke an entire enemy group for a constant amount of damage regardless of resistances, as well as a great, free group heal. She eats through enemy trash and is surprisingly useful in boss fights with Song of Balance/Life.

1 [tied]) Gloria Has the ability to protect against everything, although she has limited nuking power. It’s good enough against trash and usually she heals or protects in boss fights so he has no slack.

2) Solaar Has the best group heal in the game. Although he has low hp, Astral Form keeps him alive very well. Limited attacking power but the ability to poison makes him a very viable character. Plus, he’s a talking dog. Solaar is VERY squishy early on. Once you can afford a +6 Vit Stole or acquire Astral Form (self-cast spell), he should be fine.

3) Sharla Has a decent heal/protect abilities (Null Air, Aero Block, and Gust Shield). Only having access to Air elemental spells weakens her in several areas or monsters.

4) Meraeador At best, can either Protect, Damage, or Heal. Pick two and only two. The most limited character per fight in a game, and the most vulnerable to status effects. Berserk, Curse, Silence, and Numb shut him down 100%. With potion spray, he does have the ability to hit the entire team with a Mirilixir or Speedy Drink, so he’s good for the occasional tough fight.

5) Donovan Has no heal and one protection ability. If the enemy is immune or resistant to fire, all he can try to do is poison him with physical attacks or boost another physical attacker’s strength. Doesn’t help that a lot of the bosses in the game are strong against Fire. Good against Undead…but who isn’t?

Pure Damage

1) Legion is a more versatile and slightly more resiliant version of Sslen’ck. The only character capable of dishing out Fig elemental damage, and good status immunities.

2) Sslen’ck is just pure damage. He dishes hurt, and a lot of it. In case they are immune to physical damage, he does have a good Fire elemental nuke.

3) Vehrn is, practically, a more physical version of Solaar. He has a worse heal, worse nukes, but a better physical attack and survivability (until Solaar gets Astral Form), but he also has a very annoying personality…

4) Zach is also pure damage. Similar to Sslen’ck, except he has less survivability and can outdamage him in long fights with Crescendo slash. Unfortunately, the only long fights are boss fights, and the damage of a KOd character is zero.

Flag Post

I’m looking forward to attempting to clear the survival arena with all characters, but have been completely ignoring Legion since I originally didn’t know his purpose exactly. Is there a list of Monsters he can still encounter at end/post-game that he can learn specific moves from?

Flag Post

A few more Legion Abilities:

Blood Claw: Red Dragon (Earth Temple and Team Arena), Annihilator Karnos (Miasma Citadel)
Dark damage, causes bleed.

Tsunami: Water Guardian (Water Temple), Annihilator-Karnos (Miasma Citadel)
Water Damage to all enemies.

Strategy for Learning Spells from From Annihilator-Karnos

Karnos provides an opportunity to pick up 4 Legion spells you might have missed: Tsuanami (Karnos uses during Water element), Raging Inferno (Karnos uses during Fire Element), Earthquake (Karnos uses during Earth Element), and bloodclaw (Karnos uses randomly?).

Use Mardek, Elwyen, Gloria/Solaar, and Legion. Stock up on MP potions (manaberries and ethers, etc)

Whittling Phase Commands
Gloria/Mardek: Heal and null (so you can stay alive)
Elwyen: Runic Rhapsody (so he can’t one shot any of your characters)
Legion: Fairy Dust

Only attack Karnos if his element is Fig, Ether, or Dark. If so, use a spell to trigger an element shift from him.

The goal of this strategy is to reduce his SPR and STR to 0 through Fairy Dust so he hits for zero damage (except on Fig and Ether -beware!). Once this happens you can keep changing Karnos elements by casting a spell, until he is the desired element of the skill you want to learn. Then let him cast his spell on Legion. If necessary you can use MP restoration items on Karnos =D.

Flag Post

Someone was asking about Animus: I’m not sure if this would work on Animus or not, but it sure as hell worked on Karnos. I had Elewyn cast Runic Raphsody, and Solaar use Spirit Graft on her until she maxxed out SPR, and Karnos did 0 dmg with Plasma breath (I had null spells on I didn’t see it for others) And it was hilarious. If anyone wants to try it, it might work.

Edit: Apparently Fig does is not conisdered Magic so this strategy does NOT work if Animus/Karnos uses that. Karnos used Phycic Wave and it’s damage had no change which made me :(

Flag Post

How do I get the Buzzsaw Arm?

Flag Post

You craft it on Meraeador’s workbench. I don’t think any of the ingredients are too rare, but may be hard to get until late game.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the Sheet Music II for Elywen?

Flag Post

You get it from the Fairy Quest

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShadowMog:

There’s also an evening star in the Tainted Lagoon’s Dreamrealm and Mythril Golems have a 30% chance of dropping them.

Mythril golems are in the Miasma Citadel.

Where is the Miasma Citadel lol

Flag Post

Through the Dark Temple — you need a key and the Chalices to enter.

Does anyone have a list of Gloria’s skills and where I can find them? I am still missing quite a few.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrRubix:

How do I get the Buzzsaw Arm?

Go to Meraeador’s house with Meraeador in your party examine the workbench, and oyu’ll be able to make the weapons/armour.

Flag Post

I can’t get Happy Johnny to cast 1000 Needles anymore… Anyone have any ideas why this is the case?

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

I can’t get Happy Johnny to cast 1000 Needles anymore… Anyone have any ideas why this is the case?

He only uses it when he’s low on health. Use Legion’s Spirit Nova twice to quarter his hp or equip weak weapons to get his hp low and he’ll start to cast it.

Flag Post

Collected a few more…

Gloria’s Skills: Wildfire, Whirlpool, Twister, Razor Leaf, Earth Heal, Barkskin, BLANK SPOT, Mass Cleanse, Null Fire/Water/Air/Earth Once

What is the blank spot? EDIT: Nevermind, got it — it’s Cleanse.

Also, can anyone list Mardek’s skills?

Flag Post

Also, can anyone list Mardek’s skills?

Do you happen to remember where one could find them all?

Mardek’s Skills

Heal – Start with this skill
Regen – Moonstone
Remove Taint – Can’t remember, I think you start with it.
Remove Evil – Accessory reward from Mardek’s solo Tournament
Shield – Moonstone Ring
M. Shield – Rune Shield
Morality Block – Solarian Plate (quest reward from head priest after placing warding stone)
Fire Slash – Flametongue (Fire sword)
Water Slash – Fishslayer (Water Sword)
Air Slash – Air sword (Aeropolis weapon store and a chest somewhere) …can’t remember name
Earth Slash – Forest Edge (Earth sword)
Warp – Start with this skill

Elemental swords are all somewhere in their respective dungeons in a guarded chest

Flag Post

Flag Post

Done. Someone want to check Remove Taint?