Mardek Chapter 3 Secrets and Tips page 85

2162 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by 02tunemag:
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

And you need to kill 100 monsters in the respective temples to actually be able to grab the chalices.

Well, technically, but the Guardians and secondary bosses (The World’s Saviours and Muriance) also count toward the chalices. I tried it myself and they get 1% each.

And Muriance’s acolytes too?

Flag Post

Well, technically, but the Guardians and secondary bosses (The World’s Saviours and Muriance) also count toward the chalices. I tried it myself and they get 1% each.

That could be, but I never leave something before a boss, and I play on the safe side (I know they stay put now after you finish a temple).

Flag Post

Just a random comment: Elwyen (I had to check the game for spelling) can actually equip the Magic Damage reactions, but she can’t master them because she doesn’t have any magical attacks to react with. Incidentally, while she requires a lot of Spirit to do her job properly, she has no use for the MP it gives her.

Flag Post

Ultra Random Comment

If a monster dies by poison everyone will get experience as if they killed it…..

Flag Post

First off, the experience a character gets when something dies from poison is actually less than what they would have gotten if they killed it with an attack. At least, that’s how it works when something is killed by Elwyen’s Dolorous Dirge, which is far more practical when it comes to killing things, unless it’s a boss that for some reason isn’t immune. Also, I noticed that Zach also can equip magic damage reactions but can’t use them. Interestingly, Elwyen requires SPR to be effective, but doesn’t have any use for MP, while Zach has no use for spirit except to give him more MP, and even then only if you have his best weapon.

Flag Post

Point taken, but when a friend killed a bone demon by a noxious bomb poison, it was quite effective.
Perhaps, but the poison technique with the POISON yielded results, but i’ll need to research a bit…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nikss:

Point taken, but when a friend killed a bone demon by a noxious bomb poison, it was quite effective.
Perhaps, but the poison technique with the POISON yielded results, but i’ll need to research a bit…

HELL YEAH!
We get roughly equal experience depending on level, but everyone gets experience as if they killed it. My point stands.

Originally posted by ForceofLight:

First off, the experience a character gets when something dies from poison is actually less than what they would have gotten if they killed it with an attack. At least, that’s how it works when something is killed by Elwyen’s Dolorous Dirge, which is far more practical when it comes to killing things.

That may be, but my comment IS random.

Flag Post

Use Gloria for the Serpent fight… Her Null Water Once is the most useful skill there. As she’s almost always doing that, she won’t deal much damage in the fight, but Razor Leaf is useful if she DOESN’T need to cast it.

I used Gloria, Solaar, and Sharla. Solaar is a VERY good character if you don’t have many Phoenix Downs/Pinions.

Flag Post

True, but I trolled the Serpent BAD with Mardek solo, just give him trilobite armor and decent defence and he’s nearly indestructible. He heals from tsunami. You can also use Meraeador and his Regen/Mirrilixir Potion sprays to maximize survivability.

Solaar……will die in one turn unless he is defended and regened. But his Resurrect is a unique skill, plus if he has Viper Claw he can poison the Serpent AND deal fair damage.

Or just toss an effing Noxious Bomb with a few Acids if you are willing to spare them.

Flag Post

Just cast Null Water Once. It means you deal some decent damage with the other characters, and the Serpent deals no damage to you. Unless he physically attacks you, in which case he’ll K.O. you in one hit unless he targets Mardek. But if he does do that, just Heal if it’s Mardek and Resurrect if it’s not, or if it’s Solaar, use a PhoenixDown/Pinion.

Yeah, I used a Noxious Bomb just to speed it up. =P

Flag Post

So the ideal setup for Serpent would be:
Meraeador for potion mass healing(BTW you could use him to just slap Serpent with Thermal spanner until STR hits 0, in which case all you need to worry about is the Tsunami.)
Gloria for life reduction and Null Water Once, Earth Heal, Barkskin, Other skills to reduce Stats.
Mardek for individual shields(Meraeador will take care of mass Shield and Regen) and Main attack.
Solaar for Resurrection and Poisoning/Earth melee damage.

Flag Post

Solaar for mass heals would be better, as potions that Mereador sprays with go to half power on everyone. Otherwise, it’s a good strategy.

Flag Post

Merry goes well with Mirrilixir, Healthy potion and Potion spray.
But Solaar can also Mass heal, the thing is, all your characters can heal, so they are almost impossible to beat unless it’s a 1HKO

Flag Post

Or you can put a trilobite armor and be happy (tsunami will heal you instead of damaging)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nikss:

So the ideal setup for Serpent would be:
Meraeador for potion mass healing(BTW you could use him to just slap Serpent with Thermal spanner until STR hits 0, in which case all you need to worry about is the Tsunami.)
Gloria for life reduction and Null Water Once, Earth Heal, Barkskin, Other skills to reduce Stats.
Mardek for individual shields(Meraeador will take care of mass Shield and Regen) and Main attack.
Solaar for Resurrection and Poisoning/Earth melee damage.

Thermal spanner reduces DEF, not STR.

Originally posted by Skarhbk:

Or you can put a trilobite armor and be happy (tsunami will heal you instead of damaging)

Basic attack is still gonna hurt. Unless you go with blood blade (or whatever it’s called) and wail away at it. Legion could berserk Mardek, and give him a Speedy Juice for insane damage.

Flag Post

According to opening post, both Mahogany staff and Expensive suit is missable.
In that case, is the Money attack from Posh zombies also missable, or is it an error?
If it’s true, at what point does Saul’s dungeon become inaccessible (besides after starting the final battles)?

Flag Post

As far as I know, Saul’s dungeon never becomes inaccessible, and the posh zombie never stops spawning. This means you can only miss the mahogany staff and the money attack after the final battle. The expensive suit has no actual use in the game besides selling, so I wouldn’t call it a missable item anyway.

Flag Post

I suppose none of the items that can’t be gotten after the final battle should be called missable until we know they aren’t available in chapter 4, since that’s fairly obvious. Expensive suit may have a use yet, though unfortunately Pseudo doesn’t seem to be the kind of developer to do such things (similar to the shirts from child Mardek and child Deugan). Other than that, it’s a collector’s item.

Flag Post

TIP FOR UNDEAD PALADIN THINGIES IN THE LOST MONASTERY.

Use Mardek. Solo. End of. Heal if you need to. Just attack. When he attacks you, then he will heal you. Unless you attack him and it’s a reaction. In which case just let him hit you on the next turn. And heal yourself. If you’re damaged. A Dark-Elemental sword MIGHT help, though I’m not sure if it means the Paladin will deal more damage to Mardek or not because of the Dark Sword. Please someone check because I can’t fight them any more. (BTW they only give equipment for Vehrn.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:
Originally posted by romania356:

I had a speedy potion to give you haste’ but i used it. Does anyone know how to get another speedy potions or a spell that causes haste.

PLZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME!!!

There’s 10 in one of the shops in Aeropolis, and you can brew them in gloria’s cauldron, although it requires griffin feathers, of which there are limited numbers. The only boss you really potentially need them against is Animus, though :o

but i found a posh zombie in 5 tries and i didnt even want to encounter it

Originally posted by Going2hell:

Posh zombies are a rare encounter in Saul’s dungeon they happen very uncommonly so don’t count on getting it in even 20 battles.

Speedy potion drops from Griffins, can be made in Gloria’s cauldron pot, and a bought from the Aeropolis shop in the Northern district.

I’m missing Sharla and Donovan’s last skill and Verhn’s Second skills, if anyone can help it would be greatly appericiated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jayv66:

but i found a posh zombie in 5 tries and i didnt even want to encounter it

That doesn’t change that they are a rare monster. Whether you want to find one or not doesn’t matter.

Flag Post

Just found out it is possible for the security demon to kill itself with Death.

Yes, I seriously watched it kill itself with the spell while it was confused. All that preparation and it ended up unnecessary. Not sure whether to [VGS] or [VGTG] here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by runescaper266:

Anyone by any chance knows where the tribolite warrior in the dark rooms of the dark temple is? Give me directions, If you know where it is of course. Lawl.

you can go to this site to get the room map which gives all the locations of the trilobite.
www.goznor.com

Flag Post

BEST CARACHTER COMBINATION EVER: SHARLA, GLORIA, SOLAAR, MARDEK

Flag Post

Not sure if this is where to post this, but I found a little secret path in the cave above the 1st lizard village, if you look carefully at the walls it will have little tan dots rather than brown and the wall will stop having a border, that is where you can enter. Haven’t gotten through yet, will post when done unless told not to. It’s pretty cool.

Alright so, it leads to a hidden cave with a “plot item” ancient spearhead.

EDIT: FFFF- There’s a skull on the ground that you can X to fight a savage marauder or something – and it killed me, setting me back an hour or so. Damn. Why can’t there be more save stones?!?!
\